Reiss Nelson: Time to Shine?

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by MutableEarth, Jul 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaraDon

MaraDon Wants you to learn about football

encouraging.

2. Big Poppa

Big Poppa Well-Known Member Trusted

Nicely balanced player and good decision making. Seemingly knows when to release the ball. It takes a lot of confidence to use your weaker foot in decisive moments and pull off that level of quality.

Carlo Marx likes this.
  3. Wilshere1010

Wilshere1010 Well-Known Member

Aside from his natural talent, decision making looks really good for his age too.

4. Enz__

Enz__ Anti Antique Abuse

'Arsenal's Next Breakthrough Talent?'

Disrespectful thread title IMO. It needs to be changed. My suggestion would be 'Arsenals First Ballon d'Or Winner?' Henry was robbed

Then again that may be putting a bit too much pressure on his mighty shoulders, so perhaps just 'Arsenals Greatest of All Time?'

5. Steps

Steps Well-Known Member

Absolutely loved this from him today. His composure was fantastic.

6. scytheavatar

scytheavatar Well-Known Member

Dare I say who needs Sanchez when we have Nelson?

THunter likes this.
  7. THunter

THunter NOT In A Caravan Trusted

Where was Alexis at 17?

Gooner Zig and celestis like this.
  8. Enz__

Enz__ Anti Antique Abuse

[​IMG]

Gooner Zig and Big Poppa like this.
  9. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

Think he knows he's good enough . Wenger will want him through the middle ultimately I feel . Too good to be a plain winger . Think more impressive is his defensive work no fear getting stuck in .

THunter likes this.
  10. THunter

You thinking number 10? He's got ridiculously fast feet so it's not a bad shout.

celestis likes this.
  11. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Easily Triggered

Can't wait until he turns 18 so I can start saving pictures of him in my CPU.

12. celestis

Yeah I think so or there an thereabouts . Superquick feet but his passing and timing is pretty good as well .

THunter likes this.
  13. THunter

14. {reed}

{reed} Poundland GDeep

Just send AMN back to the U23 and promote this guy.

15. celestis

I think so , best pre season performance from any kid I have ever seen for Arsenal .

Enz__ likes this.
  16. Enz__

Enz__ Anti Antique Abuse

Surprised they were so quick to to find my Portuguese piece on him.

THunter likes this.
  17. samshere

samshere Why so serieuse?

Our EL sojourn has come at the perfect time for him. Expect to see a lot of him in the initial stages of the tournament. Or even in the later stages, for that matter. There's no team in the EL that worries me.

18. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

He plays there for the U23s usually, some of his best games have been playing there. He's not an obvious creator but he has clever passes in his locker and knows how to make the right patterns with his teammates.

celestis likes this.
  19. Big Poppa

Big Poppa Well-Known Member Trusted

I know what you're getting at Celestis but I feel the importance of having elite wingers with 1-on-1 destruction capabilities should not be underestimated.

We have especially lacked that at Arsenal and I was always envious of Man U when they had Giggs. I don't think any other winger in England came close for about 15 years. A big reason component of Fergie's success was he always had exceptional wide players.

It's those tight games that get congested through the centre where we will really feel the benefit of Nelson if he fulfils anything like the potential he is showing right now.

I agree on his defensive work. I especially like the way he knows how to use his body effectively to shield the ball and is tactically aware.

Carlo Marx, Gooner Zig and celestis like this.
  20. neimad

neimad Well-Known Member

:lol::lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.