• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
You respect what he did last summer, made an agreement with Leicester not to leave, but it might have cost him a big English move as this summer those clubs have other targets - Salah, Lemar, Perisic etc.

You respect what he did last summer, made an agreement with Leicester not to leave, but it might have cost him a big English move as this summer those clubs have other targets - Salah, Lemar, Perisic etc.

Yeah last year was the time to force a move.

Him and Vardy could have been playing at top clubs in England now with 120k per week.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Could potentially be leaked by his agent to force on to give up on Lemar. How many times do we have agents use our name for a deal.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Could potentially be leaked by his agent to force on to give up on Lemar. How many times do we have agents use our name for a deal.

Coming from Italy, so doubt it. More likely Di Marzio has the info from Roma.

He loves making up stories though, so wouldn't be surprised if it's bullshit. Hope it is, really want us to sign him.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Coming from Italy, so doubt it. More likely Di Marzio has the info from Roma.

He loves making up stories though, so wouldn't be surprised if it's bullshit. Hope it is, really want us to sign him.

We aren't signing him unless Alexis is off let's be honest.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Would be the usual massive failure when Lemar ends up not being on sale and we miss out on this guy. Then we'll just have to go into next season pretending Ox was always plan A.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Would be the usual massive failure when Lemar ends up not being on sale and we miss out on this guy. Then we'll just have to go into next season pretending Ox was always plan A.

Exactly. Especially when he's the better player of the two right now. But think we'll get Lemar, but main worry is that Sanchez still would leave. Depending on what will happen with Giroud as well, our attack could change a lot, which actually is a good thing.

GDeep™

League is very weak
What do you suggest then? Wenger panic and sign Mahrez when he and Pires clearly rate Lemar more?

You take risks, trying for Lemar when Mahrez could be off the market is one of them I suppose.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Lemar and Mahrez are completely different players. Not sure why it's one or the other that's why I think Mahrez is only an option if Alexis leaves.

Song Billong

Who is better Vardy or Mahrez? I think Vardy has everything, quality, effort, mentality etc.

Mahrez is clearly the better player. Neither have backed-up their top season though, but Mahrez is far more likely to ever do it given his age. Besides, Vardy is a much more limited player than Mahrez.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
What do you suggest then? Wenger panic and sign Mahrez when he and Pires clearly rate Lemar more?

You take risks, trying for Lemar when Mahrez could be off the market is one of them I suppose.
That's only acceptable if we've actually gotten indication from Monaco they are open to selling though.
Tbf the noise coming out on that front seems positive so far, but then we should push to close the deal quickly and not let it drag on when we are liable to miss out on both of our targets.

GDeep™

League is very weak
That's only acceptable if we've actually gotten indication from Monaco they are open to selling though.
Tbf the noise coming out on that front seems positive so far, but then we should push to close the deal quickly and not let it drag on when we are liable to miss out on both of our targets.
The rumours are the deal is close.

I think this summer the club is doing all they can to wrap up their targets in good time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I knew we were very different, that he (Ferguson) had a total hold over his club while at that time I was still more of a coach. I also recognised his huge qualities. He knew how to surround himself with the right people and didn't rest on his laurels when he was successful.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom