• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
I think Mahrez will happen around 40M. The player wants to come too.

I think you may very well be right. Everyone is a hurry to get it done, but they need to remember when Arsène has spoken of playing poker. He may just be waiting until Leicester City gets a bit antsy and decides to settle for a little less than what they're asking now. Sometimes patience is rewarded. So it could happen any time between now and the deadline.

LCFCWigstonblue

#FreeMahrez
I think it will possibly happen but I don't think you will pay 50m for him and that's what I reckon it will take.
Our chairman said players are moving for certain fees so what is a Premier League winner, PFA footballer of the year, African footballer of the year and a Ballon D'or nominated players.
He also said who is in this market that can replace him.
I assure you they won't just roll over just like Swansea aren't with Gylfi.

Gooner006

We know Mahrez is waiting to join us. We'd (rightfully) rather have Lemar, hence the prolonged pursuit. If Monaco ultimately don't cave on Lemar, we'll turn around and get Mahrez. Leicester's valuation is a bit steep, but we'd find a way to get him.

AmadanDubh

It's very frustrating to see Monaco sell players to other clubs left, right and centre, yet when it comes to the player we want, they refuse to sell. Perhaps it's a ploy from them to force us into a higher bid? An offer they can't refuse? I guess we'll soon find out just how much Wenger wants him.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
It's very frustrating to see Monaco sell players to other clubs left, right and centre, yet when it comes to the player we want, they refuse to sell. Perhaps it's a ploy from them to force us into a higher bid? An offer they can't refuse? I guess we'll soon find out just how much Wenger wants him.
More due to his position. If we had bought Lemar before City bought Silva, we'd had an easier time. City would've still gotten Silva but for far more than what they did purchase him for.

AmadanDubh

More due to his position. If we had bought Lemar before City bought Silva, we'd had an easier time. City would've still gotten Silva but for far more than what they did purchase him for.

Possibly, but I'm fairly sure I read quotes from their Russian owner that they wouldn't stand in the way of any players wanting to leave. It might take a transfer request from Lemar or a higher bid. If he has another good season his price will increase further. Might be prudent to 'overpay' this summer.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Possibly, but I'm fairly sure I read quotes from their Russian owner that they wouldn't stand in the way of any players wanting to leave. It might take a transfer request from Lemar or a higher bid. If he has another good season his price will increase further. Might be prudent to 'overpay' this summer.

I remember quotes of the opposite. They basically said there wouldn't be a fire sale at Monaco this summer.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

They've sold Silva, Bakayoko and Mendy. But keep in mind they've also refused to sell Fabinho to either Manchester United or PSG and they've refused to sell Mbappe to anyone, including Real Madrid. They're the defending French champions and a Champions League team. They can afford to sell a few who might be more easily replaced, but they can't sell them all. They're keeping their most important players. I totally respect that (more than I would a club having a firesale).

AmadanDubh

They can afford to sell a few who might be more easily replaced, but they can't sell them all. They're keeping their most important players. I totally respect that (more than I would a club having a firesale).

This quote reported in L'Equipe is pretty emphatic though:

Rybolovlev, who bought a controlling 66.6 percent stake in the club in 2011 when they were in Ligue 2, said the players and coach Leonardo Jardim will decide their own future.

"We're not here to decide for men, to block them, to tell them 'Yes' or 'No,'" he said. "We don't have a budget problem and we're not obliged to sell them, but the day when a player or coach wants to leave, it's unimaginable that we will keep them against their will. We're not Real Madrid, nor Barcelona, nor Manchester United.

"Everyone has a step up to make in their career. You don't keep a man against his will. In business, if you go against the market and the trends, you're going to lose. Having said that, if someone leaves, it won't be because of us. You know, [Anthony] Martial, he wanted to leave [for United] and you can understand that."

It is possible he is refering to players who have put in a transfer request, perhaps Lemar hasn't gone this far.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
This quote reported in L'Equipe is pretty emphatic though:

It is possible he is refering to players who have put in a transfer request, perhaps Lemar hasn't gone this far.

He's said a lot of things on this subject over the past few years. Here's one: "I confirm our position: we don't need to sell. If there are players who really want to leave and if we get really good offers then we'll think about it, that's all." He's also the same guy who recently complained to FIFA over PSG and City's conduct regarding Mbappe. The important thing, of course, is what he says now. So for now I consider the matter as good as closed. If that changes later, fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have got as much chance of being handed the title by Sp*rs as I have of being given the Crown Jewels. They are the last people we want winning the Championship. Now we mean to round off our season by beating Arsenal.

Alan Mullery (Sp*rs captain in 1971)

There is no way we were going to be beaten

Bertie Mee in the same game after beating Spurs and clinching the Double at White Hart Lane

Latest posts

Top Bottom