• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Samuel Kuffour

asajoseph

Established Member
Old thread was locked, so have to start a new one...

This just in, on Sammy Kuffour

<a class="postlink" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/africa/4381733.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 381733.stm</a>

Do we really want this guy?

Mark

Established Member
I was quite keen on the idea at first, but am not so sure now. If he was happy to be backup, then I'd certainly prefer him to Cygan. But if he's leaving as backup from Bayern he will want first team football, so it just won't happen.

_scorpion_

Established Member
He is a good option for 4 reasons:

1. He's free
2. He has CL experience
3. He is old enough not to hinder Senderos
4. He is a better back up option than Cygan.

Ideally, I would prefer Ayala or Kompany or Chivu .....but I have no idea what is going on inside AW head.

Ratinho

Established Member
_scorpion_ said:
He is a good option for 4 reasons:
Ideally, I would prefer Ayala or Kompany or Chivu .....but I have no idea what is going on inside AW head.

Probably, 'I have looked at these players but they are either too expensive or too going somewhere else'

the dawn raids

Established Member
i really think he would do an excellent job for us. his physical build is ideal for the premiership; i can see him handling himself well in the EPL, especially for someone on a bosman

To be honest Sammy Kuffour is too short to man the CB position for Arsenal in view of the fact that we have other short players in our back 4 (i.e Cole/Clichy & Lauren ).

To be successful in the CL we need to have experienced big physical and mobile players in our defence or else we will be found wanting from aerial set-pieces.

AFCG7

Established Member
No way..i'd rather have Kovac but even he isnt exactly what i think we need.
Chivu woul be perfect..he wont cost more than 8 million..we should really be going for him.

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
I'd take him as backup in a second. He isn't stating lack of first team football as his main reason for leaving Bayern, he just wants to live in London, so I think he'll be happy enough to be backup for the Arsenal. Flog off Pascal back to France, and get Kuffour I say.

Sammer

Established Member
No pleaaaase !

He is not good enough and not really what we need. Definately not an improvement on Senderos or Toure. Thank you. Haven´t seen him playing in the first Bayern squad for ages.

hesham

Established Member
I think its a real possibility that we'll get him from wengers words over the last month or so he's not to keen on getting a CB but obviously our defence has been poor so he has to do somethin

Kuffour is free with bags of experince and wont hinder Sendrous so i think he fits us perfectly
I actually think Sendrous is ready to play in the 1st team :!: yes hes young and has no experince but hes been amazing since he's came in and he HASNT EVEN BEEN PLAYING WITH SOL... also this is the best time ffor him to gane that exp from playing next to Sol... how do you think Kompany and Cheviu and whoever elses yong center back names that have been thrown around here got this good buy playing of course

Well also still have Toure who plays really well with cAMPBELL

dsurg

brianfrance said:
Gazzetta dello sport says Kuffour has agreed a 3 years deal with... Roma
Thank God for that...I dont want him anywhere near us...

Hang on...I hope that is accurate

HalliGoalie

dsurg said:
brianfrance said:
Thank God for that...I dont want him anywhere near us...

Hang on...I hope that is accurate

I would want him at Arsenal for these reasons:

He has experience
He´s class
He´s better than Cygan
He´s FREE
He has said he want´s to play for Arsenal
We have nothing to lose and we could make a profit if he wouldn´t make it here.

btw If the Roma news are true they have Chivu,Ferrera,Mexes and Kuffour and Wow that is one hell of a backline

lee1001

Established Member
hmmm...maybe he is a replacement for the Highbury bound Chivu! Stranger things have happened.

If Cole goes then Chivu could play there, and be the backup for CB if Senderos/Toure or Campbell are injured.

Makes perfect sense which is why it won't happen. :roll:

A

Anonymous

That's because we're getting- Mexes!!!

Trust me on that one, you heard it here first!!! :wink:

Arsenal Quotes

I tried to watch the Sp*rs match on television in my hotel yesterday, but I fell asleep.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom