• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Samuel Umtiti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
If we're serious about getting a CB in on loan, means that the Coutinho rumours are all BS.

We already have Dani Ceballos on loan and can only register 2 loaned players at a time for the EPL.

As much as I like the idea of a better option at LW than PEA, Mkhi and Iwobi, priority for this season has to be a CB.

Isn't that only between Premier League clubs? I think it is different when you getting loans from overseas.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
We should do a swap with barca we get a half of a defender and they get a Mustafi.

I'm happy we are trying to get Tierney who has a slight injury cloud hanging over him. But I wouldn't be comfortable adding Umtiti on top of that who has a massive question marks about his fitness. He missed nearly 5 months with 3 consecutive knee injuries.

It's no good getting a player however good he turns out if we can't be sure he will be available throughout the season.

Edit- I see now you were being sarcastic.

Stannis

Worth the risk for me

Only ready made word class defender that we will have a chance of getting

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Umtiti, world class? I think you’re pushing it. He’s not in the same bracket as the likes of VVD, De Ligt, Koulibaly, Škriniar etc.

He didn’t look great at all during the Barcelona games I watched last season and he’s got a bad history with injuries.

I think we should be targeting a more reliable CB rather than just a name.

neimad

Big **** wants Umtiti :bounce:

Raul definitely knows where the bodies are buried at the Nou Camp. He's probably the first port of call these days when they want to move players on.

Last edited:

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Umtiti, world class? I think you’re pushing it. He’s not in the same bracket as the likes of VVD, De Ligt, Koulibaly, Škriniar etc.

He didn’t look great at all during the Barcelona games I watched last season and he’s got a bad history with injuries.

I think we should be targeting a more reliable CB rather than just a name.

World class defenders are in very short supply. Can we stop claiming that defenders who are playing in Italy are world class? When they come up against other european teams they look average as hell and in some cases complete liabilities.

There is only one world class defender in your list.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

He's a good CB but his status as a perma crock has me resigned to the fact that, should he be brought in on loan, we'll more often than naught see Mustafi lining up for us as Umtiti will be in the medical room indefinitely.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Barca owes us a lot for that criminal loan deal of Denis Suarez they made us take. I am pretty sure Raul will have these ****ers on their knees for what they did.

Isn't that only between Premier League clubs? I think it is different when you getting loans from overseas.
Don't know the exact rule but fairly sure Fulham had at least four players on loan last season (Chambers, Rico, Vietto and Schurrle).

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Don't know the exact rule but fairly sure Fulham had at least four players on loan last season (Chambers, Rico, Vietto and Schurrle).

Good example. I remember them having the United lad on loan as well, Fosu mensah, unless it was the season before. Anyway definitely more than 2 allowed.

The max of 2 loans only applies when you getting loans from fellow English teams if you are a PL club.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Can only loan two players at a given time and you cannot loan two players from the same club in the same period of time - so which loan is happening?

Iceman10

Established Member
Can only loan two players at a given time and you cannot loan two players from the same club in the same period of time - so which loan is happening?

Is that for loans between Premier League clubs, or is it the same for any loans?

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Is that for loans between Premier League clubs, or is it the same for any loans?

I read this incorrectly on the PL website when I made my post:

Under the rules in the Premier League Handbook 2018/19 (Download PDF, size: 8.39MB), there are restrictions on how many players Premier League clubs can loan from other Premier League/English clubs.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/464747

It's confusing.

Elsewhere, I see that you can loan 4 players at a time - only 2 from the PL and associated leagues (FA) while the other 2 can be from elsewhere. But, don't see the club limit anywhere yet.

Iceman10

Established Member
I read this incorrectly on the PL website when I made my post:

Under the rules in the Premier League Handbook 2018/19 (Download PDF, size: 8.39MB), there are restrictions on how many players Premier League clubs can loan from other Premier League/English clubs.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/464747

It's confusing.

Elsewhere, I see that you can loan 4 players at a time - only 2 from the PL and associated leagues (FA) while the other 2 can be from elsewhere. But, don't see the club limit anywhere yet.

Definitely confusing on that website.

In the handbook it says this, and it doesn't seem to be specific to loans from PL clubs. Probably does rule out Coutinho + Umititi at the same time.

(page number 214; for pdf: page 260, or 218 of 610)

V.7.5.
the maximum number of Temporary Transfers to any one Club registrable in the same Season shall be four and in no circumstances shall more than one be from the same Transferor Club at any one time save there shall be excluded from these numbers any Temporary Transfer of the kind described in V.7.6.1 or V.7.6.2;

V.7.6.
not more than two Temporary Transfers shall be registered by a Club at the same time except that there shall be excluded from that number:

V.7.6.1.
any Temporary Transfer which become permanent; and

V.7.6.2.
the Temporary Transfer of a goalkeeper which in its absolute discretion the Board may allow in circumstances it considers to be exceptional

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

World class defenders are in very short supply. Can we stop claiming that defenders who are playing in Italy are world class? When they come up against other european teams they look average as hell and in some cases complete liabilities.

There is only one world class defender in your list.

Why does that matter if they play in Italy? It’s actually laughable that you’re basing it on 1 or 2 games when it should be based off of consistency. Koulibaly, De Ligt and Škriniar are all a class above Umtiti.

Put any of them in the Arsenal backline and we improve significantly.

Multipass

Not true. Peak Umtiti is stronger than that list. His injuries have been what has let him down recently. On all statistical front (not to name leadership) he is a class above.

Why does that matter if they play in Italy? It’s actually laughable that you’re basing it on 1 or 2 games when it should be based off of consistency. Koulibaly, De Ligt and Škriniar are all a class above Umtiti.

Put any of them in the Arsenal backline and we improve significantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Everybody knows how much I love Arsenal - I became a fan. And to be out here [in front of the Emirates as a statue] celebrating a goal against Sp*rs, there's not much else to say after that. Like I've said before: Once a Gooner, always a Gooner.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom