• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sébastien Corchia

leo_ense

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2286186/Arsenal-join-Tottenham-race-Sebastien-Corchia.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... rchia.html</a>

<a class="postlink" href="http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/8527316/Reported-Arsenal-and-Tottenham-target-Sebastien-Corchia-eyes-big-move" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... s-big-move</a>

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/380854/Arsenal-and-Tottenham-in-the-hunt-for-Sebastien-Corchia" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football ... en-Corchia</a>

Heard good things about this kid, being chased by Juve and Bayern aswell as us. Any Ligue 1 followers that can give us an update on how he plays as a RB?

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Re: Sebastien Corchia

I've seen him play twice. This guy can really cross the ball, and his work-rate is outstanding.

Think he's a top talent. I had no idea he was only 22, looked very capable and mature when I saw him.

evoh_1

Established Member

Sagna looks on his last legs now and has been worn out, we aren't going to give him the contract he wants for good reason and his level has dropped off the amazingly high point it has been for years.

Aurier is the most like Sagna of all the RBs we have been linked to and is better going forward, strong in the air, good tackler and doesn't get beaten by wingers often.

fabo

6.51 / 10

Who is Aurier? Better not be some rookie kid, we already have one backing up Sagna.

iced22

^What Fabo said.

Honestly, the simplest solution would be to just keep Sagna regardless of him signing a new deal or not. We're gonna get little more than peanuts selling an increasingly injury prone 30 year old, and forcing him to stay saves us the trouble of having to integrate a new fullback while still having to babysit Jenkinson. Jenks also gets another developmental year sharing time with one of the better RBs in Europe, and if he's the real deal, he should be close to ready by 2014 and thus render Sagna's departure inconsequential.

Floating

Established Member

Aurier is 20 and plays for Toulouse, Corchia is 22 and plays for Sochaux. Both are highly promising French right-backs, not sure which is more promising though as I haven't seen very much of either to be honest.

leo_ense

Established Member

mo50 said:
I don't see a 21/22 year old right back coming in with Jenkinson here. We'll bring in a more mature player in his mid to late 20's to replace Sagna.

Probably right, unless Arsène is planning to convert Jenkinson to CB later down the line in his career.

What does everyone think of someone like Ignazio Abate? Coming into his peak years, seems to have limitless stamina, monstrously fast, and he can contribute offensively as well as in defence. Would love someone like him here especially considering he's coming into the last year of his contract.

mo50

Established Member

I don't see a 21/22 year old right back coming in with Jenkinson here. We'll bring in a more mature player in his mid to late 20's to replace Sagna.

iced22

Abate's case seems quite similar to Sagna for me other than their age - both have had some injury problems and regression in form, are coming into the final year of their contract and have been heavily linked with moves away, but are still at an age where they should still be performing well. Both also have a promising kid breathing down their necks in De Sciglio and Jenkinson.

Applying the same logic, it doesn't really make sense for either party to let go of the veteran and force themselves to either have to waste time looking for and integrating a new player, or force an unprepared kid into premature action. I think Abate will eventually sign a new deal, just perhaps not at the terms he might have hoped for.

But who knows, we might actually end up swapping Sagna and Abate. Milan do have something of an obsession with picking up old hasbeens and having the Milan Lab turn them back into competent players, while Abate is one of the very few decent fullbacks that could be available and at the right age range for us.

GDeep™

League is very weak

If Wenger wanted someone experienced he would have signed Debuchy for 5M, if Sagna leaves he'll do what he always does and sign someone young and more or less unknown.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

We're always looking at players, but I think letting Sagna leave would be a big mistake. Jenkinson is not ready to play every week. One more season and he could be there.

If next season Sagna needs to rotate and rest to stay at his top level that would be ideal for us because Jenkinson would get more minutes.

Also, converting him to CB should be something we should seriously consider down the line, but in the mean time it is nice to know that he can fill in there if need be.

Sagna might not be at his best, but we already signed his replacement in Jenkinson. Getting rid of Sagna early would be detrimental to Jenkinson and the squad because even at his current level I think it would be extremely hard to find a better RB and someone who could provide the proper guidance for Jenkinson.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless

MICAH RICHARDS if we want a young right back then he is the player who we should be busting our balls to sign. Arsenal fan and able to play centre back as well. Guessing he doesn't have too much longer on his contract? so we should keep Sagna for 2 years and move for Richards.

evoh_1

Established Member

Richards on how much money to come here? Also he isn't all that going forward and with theo playing inside right forward our right back really needs to be able to delivery attacking qualities as well.

dpt49

Established Member

I've always liked Richards. He can play CB as well.
Can't see it happening, due to his wages at Man City.

iced22

God, please not Richards. 7 years of games and he's still the same player he used to be - physically powerful and pretty pacy, but absolutely no brain at all and completely incapable of reading anything. He's got the positional sense of Gibbs to go along with it. There's a reason why Zabaleta was and is preferred for big games and Champions League games, as a half decent team can easily pick out the weak link that Richards is.

At RB he'd pretty much be the opposite of Sagna - offensively solid enough, defensively terrible. We could use the offense, but unless you're Dani Alves-esque on offense, it doesn't really make up for defensive deficiencies at this level.

Floating

Established Member

Bigbludfire said:
evoh_1 said:
serge aurier is far better and a younger player.

He'll also be off to Africa on a regular basis in a critical part of the season

I believe he hasn't committed to a senior NT yet, he could still play for France.

Bigbludfire

Established Member

Floating said:
Bigbludfire said:
evoh_1 said:
serge aurier is far better and a younger player.

He'll also be off to Africa on a regular basis in a critical part of the season

I believe he hasn't committed to a senior NT yet, he could still play for France.

Would want to know before we buy him if we do to be fair, If he choses Ivory Coast after we buy him or something it'd be a slap in the face

Arsenal Quotes

Women kill for love and men kill because they hate to lose

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom