• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sébastien Corchia

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Converting Sagna to CB might be a decent option for us, he's slowing as an FB but he was solid when he played as CB and would save us 10m+ on a new CB

fabo

6.51 / 10
I hope the club has learned something in recent years. If we replace Sagna with a youngster, we're weakening the position. Keep Sagna, Jenkinson as back-up, and buy a starting CB. No cutting f**king corners.

marv3llous

I would absolutely take Corchia as a Sagna replacement. Would settle our RB spot for years with him and Jenkinson slugging it out. I love what Sagna has done for us, but he is showing signs of slowing down and Arsène is known to cut players loose who have given their best years for us.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

It would be madness to sell Sagna this summer. Simply because he may have lost a yard of pace, doesn't mean he has become ****. I would like to see more of him at CB, too.

Corchia and Jenkinson to battle it out for RB would probably not be a bad thing, but definitely keep Sagna as well and play him at CB if he can settle there or use him at RB if the other two can´t cut it.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
You guys need to watch Corchia play, he's a very good FB already and if Sagna is to be sold then its hard to think of a better replacement
Nobody wants Sagna to leave but he's had 2 leg breaks and Arsenal are offering a year extension to his current contract which is a good deal but Sagns wants 2 yrs, in the end I think it will be resolved but its good to see we have a replacement lined if we fail to reach an agreement

Yaya

Established Member
As you can see, he is strong in Crossing and Concentration. He likes to cross, plays the ball off the ground often, and likes to play long balls. He has weaknesses in Aerial Duels and Passing according to WhoScored.com
Almost completely put off if true.

Yaya

Established Member
Sochaux playing against Lyon tomorrow, so will try and see how he is with his passing/on the ball and defensively.

leo_ense

Established Member
Sagna has looked turd all season, and while Jenkinson has been overhyped somewhat he has made massive progress compared to where he was playing 2 years ago. We need a new RB because unless Sagna discovers he pre injury form he just doesn't cut it atm. It doesn't have to be Corchia but something needs to be done about the RB position.

iced22

Not even gonna pretend to be terribly excited about this, partly because he's little improvement on our current bunch (and lacks Sagna's experience), but also because it's such an unecessary move.

Why do people think we absolutely have to sign Sagna to a new deal to keep him? Keeping him for another year is perfect for buying more development time for Jenkinson, and we'll have a Sagna who, even if he wants to leave, will still be motivated to play well to secure that one last big deal he wants. Signing a replacement who's hardly more experienced than Jenkinson, and to add insult to injury has to adapt to a new league does nothing to our short term prospects.

GDeep™

League is very weak
For me, Bellerin looks certain of a squad role within the next year to 18 months, then you have Jenks, so I'm thinking Corchia must be super potential if our interest is that serious?

Weak in the air too which would be a concern in England. Is there a current well known RB who people can compare Cochin's style of play with? I would love an effective offensive RB outlet, Bellerin is potentially that but you never know about young guys until they step up.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
GDeep said:
For me, Bellerin looks certain of a squad role within the next year to 18 months, then you have Jenks, so I'm thinking Corchia must be super potential if our interest is that serious?

Weak in the air too which would be a concern in England. Is there a current well known RB who people can compare Cochin's style of play with? I would love an effective offensive RB outlet, Bellerin is potentially that but you never know about young guys until they step up.

Although not a RB, he's very similar to Baines from the few glimpses I've seen of him which is about 70 mins of football.

He's obviously not as good right now, but he gets up and down the pitch constantly, hammers in beautiful crosses but he is physically weak and will have to develop a great reading of the game to be a proper top RB in the EPL.

His passing didn't look that bad from what I saw. It was against rather crappy opposition but he looked comfortable in possession. He did have a tendency to punt the ball when put under a lot of pressure, but he's young and not raised in a top class academy with a possession based footballing philosophy, so what can you really expect?

Would say he's a lot better than Jenkinson on the ball. Sagna and Jenkinson could only dream of doing something like this.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member

Floating

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://getfootballnewsfrance.com/2013/03/30/arsenal-agree-release-clause-for-corchia/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://getfootballnewsfrance.com/2013/0 ... r-corchia/</a>

iced22

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Md9ntWEQHZI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Md9ntWEQHZI</a>

History is on Jenks side, hehe.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
lol all british defenders. little exposure to ball control i assume, they just freak out when the ball is in the air or at their weak foot.

Arsenal Quotes

If you eat caviar everyday, it's difficult to return to sausages

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom