• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sébastien Corchia

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Re: Sebastien Corchia

evoh_1 said:
Richards on how much money to come here? Also he isn't all that going forward and with theo playing inside right forward our right back really needs to be able to delivery attacking qualities as well.

With FFP coming in City may look to pay him off ala Adebayor? then perhaps he would take a wage drop. He has lapses of concentration but in one on one situations he is as good defensively as most in the league. I think he's a top right back and much better than Jenkinson, also better than Walker and Johnson for me.

leo_ense

Established Member

<a class="postlink" href="http://frenchfootballweekly.com/2013/03/12/sebastien-corchia-the-lion-cub-with-everything-in-his-arsenal/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://frenchfootballweekly.com/2013/03 ... s-arsenal/</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kid is going to be huge.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

leo_ense said:
http://frenchfootballweekly.com/2013/03/12/sebastien-corchia-the-lion-cub-with-everything-in-his-arsenal/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kid is going to be huge.
Sounds interesting. Jenko's main weakness is his attacking game, Sagna's as well to a large extent. Having a true wing back who can and is willing to defend would be interesting.

Floating

Established Member

If Sochaux go down, I could imagine a top club (French or foreign) picking him up on the cheap. Could be a great bargain, as well.

leo_ense

Established Member

Arsenal are considering a move for Sochaux's 22-year-old right back Sebastien Corchia with Bacary Sagna expected to leave the Emirates Stadium in the summer. (The Times)

Sydney Gooner

Established Member

How reliable is the Times? I can't tell because those pr*cks won't let me read their articles without me paying. Is it the same for you Brits?

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Sydney Gooner said:
How reliable is the Times? I can't tell because those pr*cks won't let me read their articles without me paying. Is it the same for you Brits?

Well they gt duped by the Qatar dream league stry and put it frnt page of the sprts section.

Since then they have come out admitting they were wrong...

leo_ense

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.talksport.co.uk/magazine/features/130324/exciting-defender-arsenal-want-replace-bacary-sagna-194225#mfHC9Ifk8RTW6cC4.99" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.talksport.co.uk/magazine/fea ... RTW6cC4.99</a>

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
‏@GFN_France
Todays top stories: #AFC agree #Corchia release clause.
???

Found more info
We (GFNFrance) understand now, that Arsenal have entered pole position in the race for the player. Our sources tell us that Arsenal and Sochaux have agreed on a 5 million euro release clause for the player, should Arsenal chose to make a bid. Arsenal therefore have a cheap option for a very good player, if fellow Frenchman Bakary Sagna leaves at the end of the season.
It is clear that there is much interest in the player and Sochaux will need to survive in Ligue 1 to obtain any chance of keeping the player. He does appear to be another player who could be leaving Ligue 1 by September.
5m euros is a bargain

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
@GFN_France
Sochaux representative: 'Yes we have had some official offers for Corchia. In France + abroad.' #Corchia #FCSM

@GFN_France
Sochaux representative on Corchia offers: '#Lyon and #Monaco? It could one of those two. We are not against letting him leave.' #Corchia

@GFN_France
Re: Corchia. We also understand that #Arsenal are very much on the right-back. Release clause of €5m, an agreement between AFC and #Sochaux.

@GFN_France
CLARIFICATION: We understand that Sochaux have offered #AFC an exclusive release clause of €5m should they chose to make an offer. #Corchia

Sochaux are 18th right now and likely to go down if that happens then Sochaux might have an agreement with Arsenal to sell Corchia for 5m if they want him.
It all depends on Sagna now but Corchia is a very good replacement, Arsenal negotiating for players before the start of the window :cry: :cry:

leo_ense

Established Member
If Souchaux have made that offer I struggle to see us turning it down. All depends whether Arsène wants Bellerin ready next season and of course the situation on Sagna aswell.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Corchia
Tackles Per Game - 2.5
Interception Per Game - 3.2
Clearence Per Game - 5.5
Aerial Duels Won - 0.8 (22/42)
Accurate Crosses Per Game - 0.8 (21/88)

Sagna
Tackles Per Game - 2.6
Interception Per Game - 1.1
Clearence Per Game - 4.4
Aerial Duels Won - 3.4 (55/81)
Accurate Crosses Per Game - 0.7 (11/72)

yousif_arsenal said:
5m looks good deal. if this all GFN_France news are true.
GFN are a good news source for French Football
I still want us to keep Sagna but it all depends on what happens in negotiations if we dont agree a new contract then Wenger will sell him and buy Corchia.

akhil

Is Wenger going to move Jenkinson to middle eventually? This guys just a year older than Jenkinson although he's way more experienced than him.

What are his strengths/ weaknesses? Physical attributes? How comfortable is he on the ball?

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
akhil said:
Is Wenger going to move Jenkinson to middle eventually? This guys just a year older than Jenkinson although he's way more experienced than him.

What are his strengths/ weaknesses? Physical attributes? How comfortable is he on the ball?
<a class="postlink" href="http://getfootballnewsfrance.com/2013/03/20/prospect-sebastien-corchia/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://getfootballnewsfrance.com/2013/0 ... n-corchia/</a>

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
so he's not significantly better on the ball than sagna or jenks. about the same physical ability as them to cover ground and challenge one-on-ones. and with both we're only hoping that they become near as good as bac in defending.

disappointing really. but then again it's my own fault for expecting piszczek or alves.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
You'd think this should spark the end of Sagnas career here, but this surely shows that Wenger doesn't have too much faith in Jenkinson unless he plans on moving him to CB.
Not that happy we could be signing another prospect, it seems he has big potential but I would have preferred keep Sagna until Jenkinson can take over in a couple of years time.

Sydney Gooner

Established Member
I don't get this talk about converting Jenkinson into a centreback. Any talk of such a conversion is at least 5 years away when hes got around 150 games behind him.

Arsenal Quotes

It is well known the referees are protected very well like the lions in the zoo so we have to live with their decisions

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom