• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sébastien Squillaci (Out)

Yaya

Established Member
Re: Squillaci

VancouverCanuck said:
mistaT said:
Prefer to see the likes of Denilson, Chamakh, Park, Bendtner and Arshavin off the book.

However, little steps.....
Denilson is gone for another season-long loan to Santos. We all prefer him to leave permanent but at least he is off the book for this year. Don't know if Santos is paying 100% of his wages however.
That's incorrect, he joined Sao Paulo.

glaveror

Who? :)
Can't believe he turned out to be such a crap player for us,I was actually excited when we were signing him..
With him and Almunia gone and Denilson on loan we're on the right track of clearing our squad,good to hear it.

Yaya

Established Member

Knew that, just correcting that he joined Sao Paulo rather than Santos.(Assuming that post is directed at me)

trunks206

Established Member

And to think he was ment to be the safe bet CB Wenger signed that summer. :lol:

On a related note, I was watching highlights of the Arsenal v City away game from 2010-2011 season again last night and I cant believe we started with Squillaci and Djourou at CB, Fabianski in goal, Denilson in midfield and Chamakh up top :lol: :lol:....I would cry if we lined up like that now.

Thank god we're realizing how shocking some on the players on our books are.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless

Still surprised he flopped so bad, should have been built for the league. We wouldn't have needed him much next season so lets get rid and give his wages to Theo and Song towards their new contracts.

Tranquil

darkgunner said:
This guy has such a good CV, one of the best in our squad, and yet he failed so miserably.

CV means little in football. You are only as good as your last game. Pascal Cygan was/is an invincible ffs! Pascal Cygan! :D

Warship

ebouenolike said:
He's lost all confidence, and needs a fresh start somewhere new. Wish him all the best, but won't miss his 'defending' one bit.

True. He was half-decent at Sevilla.

Anything short of paying a club to take him is a positive. My hope is this gets done so we can clear up the space on our wage bill. We've still got a few other players Wenger has said are "off" in Bendtner/Park so plenty to be done still.

Arai

Spam Hunter Bot

I am hoping the deal will go through soon. It is good for the player and also for the club.

godfather

truth_hurts said:
Still surprised he flopped so bad, should have been built for the league. We wouldn't have needed him much next season so lets get rid and give his wages to Theo and Song towards their new contracts.

He was a decent CB before that long injury at Sevilla. But just became a different player after he came back. sad really.
And I still remember many Sevilla fans were very happy after we bought him.

Airknight

Established Member

Well, his covering was fun to watch in hindsight, and his evil face is unforgettable.

Good luck :bounce

kenkbc2

Quick...someone get him onboard that plane to Greece before they change their mind !!

On a more serious note, he came, it didn't work out, he didn't make much fuss about being on the bench (didn't have a right to though with his performances and the wages he was getting), and now he's off.

So, all I can say is "good luck" to him and "thank you" to Olympiakos..

Mastadon

Established Member

Seemed like a decent signing at the time, someone who would provide experienced cover for the defence. I never really saw him play before he joined us but he had an alright reputation. Its not worked out at all and I'm happy to see him go so like Ken I wish him good luck and yes thank you so much Olympiakos.

Arsenal Quotes

I started clapping myself... until I realised that I was Sunderland's manager.

Peter Reid after Bergkamp's goal against Sunderland.
Top Bottom