• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sébastien Squillaci (Out)

musicmonkey

Established Member
Re: Sebastian Squillaci

I'm not getting my hopes up, it's January, he's old, he's a bad player and he's on a massive wage. He's let his contract run down this far and hasn't complained about it or his lack of game time so has shown there's little motivation for him to move unless someone will match his wage which is unlikely. I think we'll see him go on a free at the end of his contract.

marv3llous

Im very sure he will let it run down. He will not get more than 25k elsewhere so at his age its a very logical thing to do. Thank god he is off in 6 months though, never really worked out for him.

dpt49

Established Member

You can tell this is an Arsenal forum because all we talk about in the transfer window is getting rid of dross players like Squillaci, Djourou, Chamakh etc.

Most other top clubs talk about, and get, top players.

Come on Kroenke, get your big fat wallet out and show us you actually care about the club and are not just a parasite, leeching off the supporters.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

You can't blame him for taking his time, he's earning very good money here for basically doing nothing, can see him riding out the season here doing sweet **** all!

eye4goal

Established Member

I think we'll have to pay him off to get rid of him. £50k from now upto the summer is £1m or so. I am all for getting rid of the dead-wood for knock-down fees before the summer. Lets hope the next batch will be easier to shift out(Gervinho, Santos etc)

fabo

6.51 / 10

Another failure of a signing. Silvestre-esque, arguably worse as he cost significantly more.

Vela

Established Member

His contract is up at the end of the season, my guess would be Arsenal have been trying to offload him in the last three transfer windows.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli

Vela said:
His contract is up at the end of the season, my guess would be Arsenal have been trying to offload him in the last three transfer windows.

Don't we want to tie him down? :lol:

evoh_1

Established Member

he will never walk away from those 50k a week packets yet another player who has been paid so far above their level that it makes more sense for them to stay a lose a few years of their career then to leave for less money

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless

To be honest I thought he'd be a success here. Strange why he's been so bad.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐

Au revoir monsieur Squillaci!

08c6d94d-e941-4668-88fa-6c6edda5cb73_f210ff48-2124-422d-83bf-7c3f24f09d10.jpg

(Yes, the picture is very much intentional).

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

@samuelj29060
Squillaci on the verge of signing for Bastia (via @GoonersPage )
DJ of to Hannover, Squillaci being sold as well
2 "deadwood" gone with possibly Arshavin leaving as well
good start to the window

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless

jmsmtthw28 said:
@samuelj29060
good start to the window

Only if replacements come in or contracts for deserving players are renogotiated otherwise it is another example of cost cutting.

dbig

evoh_1 said:
he will never walk away from those 50k a week packets yet another player who has been paid so far above their level that it makes more sense for them to stay a lose a few years of their career then to leave for less money

Thought he had a few international games the season before we bought him. Not sure if those were friendlies or competitive matches.

trunks206

Established Member

To think he was the "safe" option/signing at CB when he transfered here.

I want him gone as much as the next person but that article actually made me feel bad for him (if I ignore what he makes per week). We would ride him on here for his shakiness in defense (he was getting used to the league) but I'm really starting to believe its just the system as we look a mess regardless who we put out there and how long they've been in England.

He seems like a good enough guy and has been a professional the whole time, it just didnt work out so I wish him the best.

ArsenalinCH

truth_hurts said:
jmsmtthw28 said:
@samuelj29060
good start to the window

Only if replacements come in or contracts for deserving players are renogotiated otherwise it is another example of cost cutting.

If our cost cutting strategy shifts from 'sell our best players for large profits' to 'trim the fat' I'm perfectly okay with that

evoh_1

Established Member

this sort of cost cutting is exactly what we need. hopefully some evidence that gazidis and co recognise that we can't shove out huge pay to these sorts anymore and that we need to be more cautious with players who have yet to prove themselves able to deliver top class performances.

Arsenal Quotes

I think without doubt that Bergkamp is the most talented player to have played for Arsenal in the past 30 years, for as long as I can remember

Liam Brady
Top Bottom