• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sébastien Squillaci (Out)

dpt49

Established Member
Re: Squillaci

With Squillaci and Vela gone and Park, Arshavin, Bendtner and Chamakh possibly as well, that is a quarter of a million pounds a week saved on wages, just give it all to RVP to stay :wink:

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Gutted to be losing a top top internationally acclaimed CB I hope we are getting at least 10m for him defenders of his caliber come at at a premium*

This is for Olympiakos lurkers

kenkbc2

bingobob said:
Gutted to be losing a top top internationally acclaimed CB I hope we are getting at least 10m for him defenders of his caliber come at at a premium*

Too late.. they've already read our previous posts and are writing a petition against the purchase even as we speak..

They'll only take Squillaci now if we throw in RVP for free as part of the deal..

KY

Established Member

kenkbc2 said:
bingobob said:

Too late.. they've already read our previous posts and are writing a petition against the purchase even as we speak..

They'll only take Squillaci now if we throw in RVP for free as part of the deal..

nope. no can do. how bout his slightly teensie weensie bit less awesome strike partner Maroune Chamakh? He's guaranteed to win you penalties!

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

KY said:
kenkbc2 said:
bingobob said:

nope. no can do. how bout his slightly teensie weensie bit less awesome strike partner Maroune Chamakh? He's guaranteed to win you penalties!
Chamakh is better than RVP you can give him I give my word that he honestly is the best striker in the Premier League. Its just he done naughty things and Wenger doesnt like that which is why he doesnt play. When he arrives lock up your daughters!

kenkbc2

^^^ When you start locking up your daughters, are we talking about Chamakh or John Terry here??

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

bingobob said:

Hope they've been lurking in caves otherwise I think they know how poor he is.

KY

Established Member

Really? So how good or bad of a defender is Avraam Papadopoulos?

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐

trunks206 said:
On a related note, I was watching highlights of the Arsenal v City away game from 2010-2011 season again last night and I cant believe we started with Squillaci and Djourou at CB, Fabianski in goal, Denilson in midfield and Chamakh up top :lol: :lol:....I would cry if we lined up like that now.

We won that game 3-0, shows how decent "shocking" players can look when they get enough playing time. Just checked the stats, after us only Everton took all three points from the Etihad (a week later), they went the rest of that season and the complete last season undefeated at home.

I remember 2010/2011 Djourou was our best defender by a good margin (and he was actually very solid until his injury vs. Manure I think), Squillaci had several solid/good games (it was only when he partnered Koscielny that both looked a catastrophe), Denilson was a poor man's Arteta but by no means the disaster most remember him, Fabianski had a good run in goal that year and Chamakh kept us in the title race until he was dropped for RVP's return. Nowadays people act as if it's a disgrace that they're even professional footballers.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member

Tbf they were down to 10 men after 5 minutes in that game. Although I do see your point, Chamakh in particular could have been lot more useful had he not been just kicked to the sidelines as soon as Robin came back. Denilson was crap though and Squillaci's solid games could be counted on one hand.

Le Professeur

Established Member

jones said:
trunks206 said:
On a related note, I was watching highlights of the Arsenal v City away game from 2010-2011 season again last night and I cant believe we started with Squillaci and Djourou at CB, Fabianski in goal, Denilson in midfield and Chamakh up top :lol: :lol:....I would cry if we lined up like that now.

We won that game 3-0, shows how decent "shocking" players can look when they get enough playing time. Just checked the stats, after us only Everton took all three points from the Etihad (a week later), they went the rest of that season and the complete last season undefeated at home.

I remember 2010/2011 Djourou was our best defender by a good margin (and he was actually very solid until his injury vs. Manure I think), Squillaci had several solid/good games (it was only when he partnered Koscielny that both looked a catastrophe), Denilson was a poor man's Arteta but by no means the disaster most remember him, Fabianski had a good run in goal that year and Chamakh kept us in the title race until he was dropped for RVP's return. Nowadays people act as if it's a disgrace that they're even professional footballers.

Fabianski and Djourou agreed, both had a very good run that season. Denilson, Chamakh and Squillaci are lost causes.

GoOnYouGunners

Hey Squid

Get_the_fuck_out_7868c9eaa99d_My_tram_expirience-s312x176-268386-580.gif

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Sebastien Squillaci

Squillaci admits January move possible

Sebastian Squillaci says he could leave the club in January, depending on what’s on offer, but is more likely to wait until his contract expires in the summer.

The French international has fallen so far down the pecking order that he has yet to make a Premier League appearance this season and appeared just once in the league in the last campaign (a ten minute cameo against Fulham).

Speaking to varmatin.com, he explained his current situation, “With Koscielny, Mertesaker, Vermaelen and Djourou, competition is fierce. I recently played in the Champions League in Greece. I made five appearances for the reserve and I always train seriously.

“My relationship is good with Arsène Wenger and I remain as professional as possible.

“I will be out of contract at the end of the season. As it stands, I will leave. Perhaps during the January transfer window or else I will wait for the month of June.

“Marseille, Nice, Monaco, Bastia or Ajaccio are clubs that speak to me. I am 32 years old. I still have two or three good seasons left. On the French Riviera or elsewhere. I will choose depending on the opportunities that arise.”

To be fair to Squillaci, he hasn’t ever made a fuss about being thrust into semi-retirement at the club, but it’s safe to say this move is one that didn’t work for either party.

And the Frenchman recently benefited the two clubs at which he began his career, donating French World Cup squad image rights payments in the amount of €53,500 to each.

“This money is the premium we got at the World Cup 2010 in South Africa. After events Knysna, we were asked to redistribute this money to amateur football.

“It seemed natural to give it to FC Seynois and Sporting. I played seven years at Seyne, and five seasons at Toulon. My two training clubs and two associations that do not run on gold. It is a just reward.”
Contract ends in 2013 so if we loan him out in January then his career at Arsenal is over and we save close to 50k a week on wages

<a class="postlink" href="http://news.arseblog.com/2013/01/squillaci-admits-january-move-possible/?utm_source=feedburner.com%2Farseblognews&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+arseblognews+%28Arseblog+News+-+the+Arsenal+news+site%29" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.arseblog.com/2013/01/squill ... ws+site%29</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Please go PLEASE

GDeep™

League is very weak
Re: Sebastian Squillaci

Yeah, we all want him gone now but lets not forget his signing was given a very very wrm reception on here, we all backed Wenger on this signing, many felt Squillaci walks straight into the first team too, at the time, an experienced international CB.

Hasn't worked out like the majority on here thought it would with Seb Squillaci. Good luck and good bye.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Squillaci was Wenger's 3-4th choice. Carvalho was first, Spahic was second and I cant remember the third, Squillaci 4th
Squillaci wasn't really scouted extensively as Koscielny or Vermaelen were, we had just let go of Gallas, had missed out on Carvalho, Spahic club were asking for 25m and some other player had stayed put that's when Sqillaci agent made Wenger aware of his availability and Wenger went for him.
4m wasted there not to mention 50k on wages

jerome2158

Established Member

Back to a French side for a few years, then off to retire. Sounds like the perfect plan for all of us.

The article does make a fair point...he has remained very professional throughout. And when we signed him, it did seem like a great idea. A bit of silvestre in the end though. Great experience, mature...but past it.

Arsenal Quotes

Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom