Shkodran Mustafi (Out)

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by American_Gooner, Feb 6, 2019.

1. DJ_Markstar

DJ_Markstar Well-Known Member

As far as I can tell Mangala is a backup option for City right now, so its hardly fallacious is it?

And Otamendi is as rash as they come, he dives in constantly and gets caught out less often than he should because of the brilliant team around him, also hardly fallacious.

I never said Mustafi was as good as Otamendi, either. I'm just saying he's not significantly worse than the backup options at other clubs, and there's been little said to change my mind about this point.

2. Malky

Malky Well-Known Member

Emery is a legend here just for telling Mustafi " listen, just **** off already " :lol::lol:

3. Gegen Pressing

Gegen Pressing Well-Known Member

Oh come thinking Emery 's ordered his henchmen repeatedly to go after Özil, apparently they've been arrested and may spill the beans dark shiite may come to light

4. pacstud

pacstud Well-Known Member

Are all mistakes equal?

Your question is poor.

5. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Prefers To Be Called Dennis

Some real actions taken today. Emery playing all the right notes so far. I like to see him finish the song with style.

6. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Well-Known Member

With the Euros next year, you think this guy who is still young would want to play. His position here is unsustainable on every way.

7. Vanfrothan

Vanfrothan Member

Emery was listing our centre back options in his post match press conference and never even mentioned this guy.

He must be on his way, surely.

North5 likes this.
  8. field442

field442 Hates Journalists Named James

Feels like the club are doing their best to show him he’s not wanted. The **** will probably cling on for dear life though.

9. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

He'll leave either loan or permanent. He will be forced to make a move surely with Holding close for getting back

Iceman10 and Sanchez11's ghost like this.
  10. Sanchez11's ghost

Sanchez11's ghost Superior Journalist To Charles Watts

Hes going one way or another

11. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Short man Syndrome

I think Mustafi is simply a bad footballer. And both Xhaka and Kola simply aren't very good, but both have flashes of brilliance that saves them from time to time.

Xhaka is a weird footballer, never seen someone so inconsistent, like today for example. Rubbish first half, miss placing passes left and right and then a very good 2nd half.

12. Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast CIES Loyalist

13. razörist

razörist Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Last sentence “we want to be strong defensively” that’s why. Mustafi is dead to him.

AND I LOVE IT.

14. drippin

drippin Well-Known Member

15. Jasard

Jasard Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Could well be someone like Edu or Raul that suggested Emery bins Mustafi, or more likely a group decision. I think the club more than ever will be aware of how players are perceived by the fan base and will feel its beyond repair. In the past it's just been dinosaurs that had no interest in what the fans think. I'm not saying they are trawling twitter for ideas but getting boo'd in a friendly would be the last straw for him.

Tourbillion, Red London and Trilly like this.
  16. drippin

drippin Well-Known Member

That's probably one part of it. I see it more in the way that they were annoyed at his performances even last year. But wanted to keep faith, with no experienced other options. They didn't want his value go to 0 € like Mangala above.

But when Mustafi came in for maybe 10 minutes in the friendly against Barcelona, he straight away made a silly mistake again resulting in goal. That was the last straw. Taking the monetary loss now was a lot better than Mustafi's performances leading Arsenal again being left out of Champions League (it was very close last year), which will result in bigger loss in money and other ways.

17. grange

grange Well-Known Member

All of these new pages and no new links of any kind. Smh.

Tourbillion and James Bond like this.
  18. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

He'll ****ing go, I tell yer.

19. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Prefers To Be Called Dennis

Why taking so long time?

20. Vinci

Vinci The Sultan of Unai

He's got a lot of bags to pack.