• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Should Arsenal just concentrate on champ league triumph?

Should Arsenal just concentrate on champ league triumph?

• Total voters

The Gooner

I never understood this. Focus on one and leave the other. Try to win it all ffs.
That, however, is simply is not possible at this point in time. I agree with you that a big club like ourselves should try to win all the trophies there are to win and a treble should be our aim, but right now we are 12 points behind Chelsea and that means we have bottled the league very early this time! Being so far behind means that the only way we can win the title is if Chelsea bottle 5 games (lose 3 and draw 2) in a row and we win all of our remaining games, and lets not forget that we have to still go to Liverpool, WHL, Stoke and Southampton, along with playing the Manchester clubs at home. I don't think Chelsea, the way they are going, are going to make a hash out of FIVE Games and I surely do not think that we are not going to drop points in our coming fixtures. As sad as it is, the fact is that we are just fighting for a top 4 spot now.

The FA Cup and the European Cup are our only realistic hopes of winning silverware this season.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
That, however, is simply is not possible at this point in time. I agree with you that a big club like ourselves should try to win all the trophies there are to win and a treble should be our aim, but right now we are 12 points behind Chelsea and that means we have bottled the league very early this time! Being so far behind means that the only way we can win the title is if Chelsea bottle 5 games (lose 3 and draw 2) in a row and we win all of our remaining games, and lets not forget that we have to still go to Liverpool, WHL, Stoke and Southampton, along with playing the Manchester clubs at home. I don't think Chelsea, the way they are going, are going to make a hash out of FIVE Games and I surely do not think that we are not going to drop points in our coming fixtures. As sad as it is, the fact is that we are just fighting for a top 4 spot now.

The FA Cup and the European Cup are our only realistic hopes of winning silverware this season.

Of course I know that. But we still need top four and thus win as much games as possible.

The point is that some people tend to think that focusing on the CL (and thus playing kids in the league or something like that?) would give you a better shot at that CL. Of course it wouldn't.

Santi's Left Foot

No Longer Sleeping in Theo's bed
I think we can be a bit more experimental with our line ups now in the league. We have a good squad depth except for jokers like Gabriel.

Find out our best 11.

The Gooner

I think some people on this forum don't like my longish posts so let me tell you beforehand that this one is going to be a long post. Please bear with me.

Of course I know that. But we still need top four and thus win as much games as possible.

The point is that some people tend to think that focusing on the CL (and thus playing kids in the league or something like that?) would give you a better shot at that CL. Of course it wouldn't.

Ask yourself, why do we need top four? Just why? What purpose does finishing in the top four achieve? We have been doing that since a decade now and it serves no purpose! This is exactly the type of mentality that has caused us to become stuck in this viscous cycle of finishing top 4 year upon year upon year and win nothing! And btw what does a Champions League spot do for us? It's not that we have won the European Cup now have we?

Kroenke and Gazidis and even AW may be happy with a top four finish, but I as a long time Gooner don't feel any delight from a top four finish! I would go as far as asserting that finishing outside the top four and behind Sp**s may be the best thing that can happen to us! It would serve as a nice wake up call to all of Arsenal's fans and the complacent board, management and owners!

And before you tell me that finishing outside the top four would cause us to lose money and popularity, let me tell you this- We already make a lot of money from other endeavors and we would still be getting the Europa League money! As far as popularity goes, well if someone stops supporting Arsenal only because we fail to finish in the top 4 for one season then that's a supporter we don't want anyway! That's a textbook case of a plastic fan. Also, winning stuff is what makes your popularity EXPLODE! You know why Madrid have so many fans across the globe? Because they are serial winners! You know why Manchester United is still one of the most popular English club? Because of all the trophies they have won, and are still winning! In the last 12 months they have won two more trophies than us and soon to be three if they win against Southampton. Winning the League or the European Cup is what we need, heck even the Europa League! Finishing top four is in no way an achievement and should not be treated as one! You know what? Under the old format of the European Cup we would have to be league or cup winners to play in Europe! Finishing top four is just a money making scam that does nothing of note for the club and loyal fans like myself!

I think we can be a bit more experimental with our line ups now in the league.
Find out our best 11.

I am all for this. I think we should use the remaining league matches to build a platform for the next season. Giving 10+ top flight games to the young lads will give them invaluable experience of the premier league. I say Holding, Ox, Iwobi, AMN, Jeff, Gibbs and Danny should all be getting regular starts now.

Monreal, Per, Giroud, Cazorla and Laurent are all in their 30's and won't be there for much long. This is the ideal time to give the young lads confidence and exposure, we have nothing to lose now. The title is gone and top four is NOT A TROPHY.

Also, I have read some Gooners say that Mustafi, Xhaka and Perez do not have enough Prem League experience and therefore guys like Theo, Coq and Giroud are important. Well guess what? Experience comes from playing and this is the ideal time to give our new imports the time to get used to the Prem League! All three of them should be given consistent starts now.

Thanks

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
We don't need top four, I just want to watch our games next year on a Tuesday or Wednesday against the very best. I want to finish as high as possible.

Wenger is finished anyway. Let's at least give the new manager Champions League and not a ****ing Europa League tie in ****ing Bulgaria.

Gervais

Established Member
If Özil and Sanchez had already signed new contracts, I would say yes. I'm personally not arsed about missing top four, but that could end up being a very convenient excuse for them to leave. I'm not convinced putting all the eggs into the CL basket is a great idea considering our deficiencies and the quality of the teams left.

Arsenal should just concentrate on the next game, regardless of the competition.

Polar Bear

I'll fly every member of this forum to Jamaica, all expenses paid for a weekend in a villa of their choice, if we win the CL.......:rolleyes:
Hahaha even more reason for me to hate Wenger when we get knocked out by Bayern for the 55284618370th time. Damn you Wenger I could have done with a tropical holiday gggrrrrrr

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse

You really think winning the CL is realistic? Bro, we haven't a hope in hell. Arsène better pad his FA Cup cabinet.

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

At this point, I'm still praying that we have a new manager next season and therefore finishing top 4 is vital in order to give him maximum potential to recruit top players. So my answer would be no.

I want Wenger to leave on a high though.. so it's important that we don't take the FA Cup lightly. If we became the record FA Cup Champions again in his final season, for example, it would be a fitting tribute for arguably the greatest legend in Arsenal history.

My focus would be the league, then the FA Cup. Champions League is a non issue unless we get past Bayern and then we can reassess.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
I have more chance of being ordained as the next pope than we have of winning the CL with Wonga.

Arsenal Quotes

Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom