• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sokratis Papastathopoulos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Meyer has been playing as a number 6 for Schalke recently

If he were to come he would be the Santi/jack replacement
Is he actually good at his role? I thought he had a dodgy season last year. In my opinion we need a top player in midfield brought in. Either a top top replacement for Santi/Wilshere or CDM to replace Xhaka.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Has Meyer even developed in the last few seasons? Buying a player because he's cheap and decent sounds like the terrible Milan model before they were bought from the Chinese investors.

Our squad is full of players who dont even suit Wenger's style much. I'd argue that Özil, Welbeck, Auba and previously, Sanchez dont suit what he wants to play. We need to acquire players in positions and roles that we are desperate for.

Meyer is another creative player with no end product or ability to take the ball to the byline. He is a glorified Iwobi or BTEC version of Mkhy and Özil. We need a proper winger

Wengers leaving...

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Wengers leaving...
Well if the club let it happen while Wenger was at the reigns.. what makes you believe we wont continue with opportunistic signings that are bought more for their value in the market than their value in our system.
I'd argue both Sanchez and Özil were signings to appease fans.. top players under their market value (well for this crazy market at least). imo they both dont/didnt suit Wenger's style. Özil has played and excelled the most at direct fast paced sides like Germany/Madrid. Sanchez was actually ousted from Barca because he didnt really suit their style (his first touch and quick passing ability not good enough for barca).

An example of a signing that suited us to a tee was Cazorla, he had a fantastic Arsenal career and surpassed most fans' expectations when he came here. I cant say the same about Özil... and Sanchez's approach really seemed to damaged our playstyle in recent years. Thats what happens when your best players arent suited to the system you want to play. It becomes more "okay lets pass to these guys and hope they create magic" than them really being important cogs in the team

TheEconomist

Established Member
Not that I have anything against Sokratis - I think he's a decent enough defender. But doesn't this Sven guy have any new ideas? I'm guessing Marco Reuss or Gotze will be next ?

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Not that I have anything against Sokratis - I think he's a decent enough defender. But doesn't this Sven guy have any new ideas? I'm guessing Marco Reuss or Gotze will be next ?

'Tis becoming a bit of a worrying pattern isn't it. Two ex-Dortmund players? Ok fair enough, but three?? They were all bought by Dortmund at the same time too. Talk about rinse and repeat..

Stannis

**** we need him now

Even though I reckon Jonny Evans is probably a better deal right now, I don’t want Jonny ****ing Evans being our main CB

James Bond

Moderation Consultant

Live feed of me reading your reply:

tenor.gif

Stannis

The issue is we don’t know what are players that Sven is after, but we know he is probably the most famous head scout in the world right now and so everyone is using his name for PR

PEA was wanted by Wenger for sometime now, we also have been tracking Mhki since he was at Shatkar. No doubt Sven facilitied those deals but they were also Wenger wish list players.

The only guy we know for sure is 100% Sven is Mavraponas

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
The issue is we don’t know what are players that Sven is after, but we know he is probably the most famous head scout in the world right now and so everyone is using his name for PR

PEA was wanted by Wenger for sometime now, we also have been tracking Mhki since he was at Shatkar. No doubt Sven facilitied those deals but they were also Wenger wish list players.

The only guy we know for sure is 100% Sven is Mavraponas

It's the media doing their usual thing. We hired Dortmund's head scout as head of recruiting, happened to sign Auba and Mkhitaryan, now Dortmund is looking to offload players - you better link them to Arsenal.

We needed another striker for various reasons. The thin depth at CF has cost us so many times, including the Leicster title season when Giroud went through a dry patch and we had no one to come in. Auba was the only top guy out there available. Him having a connection to Mislintat was as much luck as it was random.
Same with Mkhitaryan. We wanted a swap deal, they wouldn't give us Martial, we had longstanding reported interest in the Armenian, we got him.

All the Dortmund links are made up of 2+2 equals whatever dross you make up.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Evans/Sokratis. Really confirms our mid table status.
I actually kinda have a gut feeling Evans could do alright. The type of cheap signing that could steady the ship. Wouldn't take us to the next level, but would help takes us back to our previous level maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I cannot classify the moments of happiness and of sadness, but every defeat is a scar in your heart that you never forget.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom