• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Stephen Appiah

Status
Not open for further replies.

go49oner

Established Member
Essien is out injured for several months, I wont be surprised if the Russian snatch Appiah as cover for him.

Lancelot

Established Member
Harry Redknapp via Portsmouth.co.uk said:
"I'd love to sign Appiah and we are interested in him."

"But there's nothing going on really at the moment."

"It's going to be tough to get him."

"There are a lot of clubs chasing him, clubs like West Ham and Arsenal, which you expect because he's a free agent."

"I am sure Juventus will want him back as well."

"There will be plenty of takers."

"He's a terrific player for somebody on a free. I've asked about him in the past."

"I watched him plenty of times when I was looking at Sulley Muntari and they played together for Ghana."

"When I enquired I was told he would cost 14m Euros."

"He's a top player but I already wanted Sulley and couldn't have both of them."

"Appiah's a fantastic footballer, he's an athlete, has a great engine, works hard and is the captain of Ghana."

"A lot of teams would love to sign him."

"There's a chance we might get him, like I say, we are interested in him."

"We'll just have to see what happens."

"But there is a lot of competition out there which you expect for a very, very good player like that."
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/frattonlatest/Redknapp-ready-to-fight-for.4471032.jp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/frattonlate ... 4471032.jp</a>

nazo

Established Member
Free agent so why not. We could always make a profit on him if he's ****. He's experienced too (captain in world cup and played in all other competitions).

Why not i say.

atmosphere

bluenaz said:
Free agent so why not. We could always make a profit on him if he's s**t. He's experienced too (captain in world cup and played in all other competitions).

Why not i say.

I don't reckon he would be **** though.

He's always been good and he obviously must've had talent to get to the level he's been playing at.

IMO he's just the sort of DM we'd need.

The only worry is his injury that kept him out for a year but from reading his blog it appears that's all behind him now and his appearance for Ghana the other day is a good sign.

There's definitely more pro's to this possible signing than cons.

JazzG

Established Member
Interesting quote by Redknapp but I'm still sure we won't go for him even if he would come in useful.

Kenyonhater

Lancelot said:
Harry Redknapp via Portsmouth.co.uk said:
"There are a lot of clubs chasing him, clubs like West Ham and Arsenal, which you expect because he's a free agent."

"Appiah's a fantastic footballer, he's an athlete, has a great engine, works hard and is the captain of Ghana."
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/frattonlatest/Redknapp-ready-to-fight-for.4471032.jp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/frattonlate ... 4471032.jp</a>

Well you'd think Harry would know if we were after him what with all the Arsenal connections at Pompry.

mindchnger

kamikaze80 said:
wonder if chelsea might splurge since theyve lost essien for the season.

Damn, didn't think about that when I heard they lost Essien for a number of months. They could do just because they can, the f*ckers

air

bluenaz said:
Free agent so why not. We could always make a profit on him if he's s**t. He's experienced too (captain in world cup and played in all other competitions).

Why not i say.

Because if we pay 50 grand to him over the course of two or three years, it won't be a profit any longer. If he fails we'd be looking to offload him for free.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I really can't see Wenger being interested. More chance we will go for Alonso in Jan.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I doubt Wenger even wants Alonso that much to go bidding for him again. Probably wrong but if Wenger wanted him he would have got him.

atmosphere

air said:
bluenaz said:

Why not i say.

Because if we pay 50 grand to him over the course of two or three years, it won't be a profit any longer. If he fails we'd be looking to offload him for free.

That's the same risk you take with all footballers you sign though, except with money signings you risk the intial outlay as well...

The fact that this player has played at the highest level for both club and country, including being the team captain surely makes him less of a risk?

I can see how the injury thing might put people off but that was down to the dodgy surgeons that Fennerbahce used on him.

He's been and got it fixed by proper doctors in Italy now and has fully recovered. He just needs match fitness now.

Thommybhoy

Established Member
"Yes, I'm moving to London, I have two offers from Arsenal and West Ham and I will choose the better offer."

<a class="postlink" href="http://bleacherreport.com/articles/56037-time-to-choose-for-steven-appiah-arsenal-or-west-ham" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://bleacherreport.com/articles/5603 ... r-west-ham</a>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We live a society where everybody knows everything and it looks like it is a shame to say I don’t know

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom