• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sven's Transfer Targets: Summer 2018

If we were to spend big money on one player, what position would you prefer that to be for?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Others would know more than me, but I don't get the impression Josh Dasilva was really a future first-teamer. Good luck to him if he does go, Garry Monk's a decent coach. Birmingham have been a mess recently, so maybe Monk can change things there.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
If true and Perez is indeed going to West Ham i'm pretty sure we still won't be signing anyone. Joel Campbell is still at the club as well.

Last edited:

Rouski

We were linked with N'Soki defender from PSG.
He plays as Left Back against Monaco in the Supercup, two assists too.

Don't think they will sell him, but would be a interesting option after the Kolasinac injury.

This type of signing makes a lot of sense, a replacement for Monreal will be needed in the next couple of years and we are heading into the new season with midfielder Maitland-Niles as left-back if Monreal is not match-fit.

N'Soki is linked with Newcastle for 10m and Emery should know if he will be suitable from his time at PSG.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Just judging from pre season now its over... but I think we're pretty set in CB and midfield, once the system falls into place we'll be fine. Chambers and Sokratis would be my starting partnership, Leno and Cech to fight for the number one jersey is great competition. Same with Lichsteiner and Bellerin.

Left back is a slight issue but Maitland Niles always plays very well there, bit suspect defensively. Ideally Monreal comes back in.

Guendouzi is a gem of a find, could easily become a key player here. To have him, Ramsey, Torreira, Elneny and Xhaka as midfield options is brilliant. For me I'd go with Guendouzi, Ramsey and Torreira as a 3.

Up front I do think we need a winger for diversity but keeping Özil, Mikky, Auba, Laca, Welbeck and Iwobi all happy will be tough. I'd personally go with Özil, Mikky and Auba.

Its difficult because we have so many outstanding central options. Very unlikely that we'll add anyone else unless someone big leaves like Ramsey. Judging by our current squad I think business is definitely over.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Its seem our luck signing new player depend if we make make enough funds from selling some player and a good player became available this week

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Its seem our luck signing new player depend if we make make enough funds from selling some player and a good player became available this week

Lucas Perez
Welbeck
Mustafi
Ospina
Ramsey
Joel Campbell

All futures up in the air, all linked away. I expect 4 of them to leave.

Window closes at 5pm next Friday. So we have pretty much 5 days to sell and then replace, especially with Ramsey. Its not feasible, Ramsey situation should've been sorted out at the start of June.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Lucas Perez
Welbeck
Mustafi
Ospina
Ramsey
Joel Campbell

Window closes at 5pm next Friday. So we have pretty much 5 days to sell and then replace, especially with Ramsey. Its not feasible, Ramsey situation should've been sorted out at the start of June.

Less than that even - closes a day earlier. Although we can shift players to foreign clubs until the end of the month and the likes of jenko/brammal on loan to championship clubs so no disaster if only one or two out before our deadline.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Lucas Perez
Welbeck
Mustafi
Ospina
Ramsey
Joel Campbell

We can't let Ramsey go we have less than week to replace him mustafi too. The others I'm expecting them to leave

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Nobody has seen Sokratis kick a ball in the PL yet or bed into the team yet they're already writing him off. Emery doesn't even know our strongest CB partnership yet, give him at least a handful of games jesus christ.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Sokratis is a good defender. But having him as our only CB signing is disappointing because I don't think Koscielny is coming back at a decent level. And I don't trust Chambers holding or mustafi to start for us.

I just hope Chambers is going to surprise me. I don't have high hopes on holding and mustafi.

Divided_Pie

Sokratis became necessary because Per retired and Koz tore his achilles. Agree he's not the ideal signing in terms of age, style, and ability, but locking him down early provided a measure of security and prevents a panic buy late in the window (Mustafi).

IMO the early signings were to patch up the big holes and provide enough foundation to at least challenge for a CL berth next year.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐

Buy defender if we loan Chambers. Sokratis mustafi who both hasn't proven anything yet Marvs too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I often relive those 49 undefeated matches. I do believe in signs to a certain extent, and as I was born in 1949, I sometimes tell myself it was our destiny to lose the 50th. Those 49 matches are etched within me and within each player: it is something fundamental, a triumph born out of passion.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom