• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sylvain Distin

Status
Not open for further replies.

kel varnsen

Established Member
i think he is a solid central defender. tall, quick and strong. pretty good on the ball as well and and adjusted to the premiership. if we can't get chivu, kompany etc we should definately have a look at distin.

kel varnsen

Established Member
TheHotshot said:
Did you just watched the first half of the manure game and suddenly decided to rate him? :wink:

i've always rated him, but it reminded me of him just now.

how old is he?

kel varnsen

Established Member
Lord Dula said:
Really? I thought it was a smashing non-knee jerk idea I really did

so i take it you disagree, but why? i really do think distin is a very good central defender. not as good as sol campbell a few years back, but a lot better than senderos and cygan...

phonics

kel varnsen said:
Lord Dula said:

so i take it you disagree, but why? i really do think distin is a very good central defender. not as good as sol campbell a few years back, but a lot better than senderos and cygan...

wow he's better then a 20 year old kid and a **** player. FUUUUUCK lets snap him up now before he retires guys.

Gurgen

Established Member
phonics said:
kel varnsen said:
Lord Dula said:

wow he's better then a 20 year old kid and a s**t player. FUUUUUCK lets snap him up now before he retires guys.

:lol:

Distin wishes he had even 10% of Senderos' talent.

Army of Me

Established Member
he's not bad, not as bad as some of you might think, but i wouldn't exactly say he's better than what we've got, and he isn't going to improve either.

money could be better spent.

James

Established Member
pha2er said:
he's not bad, not as bad as some of you might think, but i wouldn't exactly say he's better than what we've got, and he isn't going to improve either.

money could be better spent.
Agreed.

His main problem is that he seems to be inconsistant, but at his best he's a good defender. Was very good today, but his howler against Sp**s was horrendus.

kamikaze80

Established Member
hes better than senderos right now. but at his price (i dont think man city would part with him for cheap) and age, it would be a bad purchase.

asajoseph

Established Member
Right, I'm back...

I can't believe all this Senderos hatred that's going around - the guy's 20 freaking years old, and has spent years injured. Yes, he makes a few mistakes at the moment, but the guy has an immense ceiling, and it won't be long before he's back to top form.

That said, I agree with Kel - Distin's not a bad player at all. Although not a particularly likely signing for us.

longrufus

Established Member
I think he is a good player but there are way better options out there. Agger would have been a good buy but a bit late now. I thought a CB would be the major summer signing with a GK and a RM. But with recent injuries and toure gone i think wenger might be forced to move sooner than he would prefer. Oh and Senderos is brilliant, i love the guy, legend in the making.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have always been the club of the people, the streets. Arsenal was one of the first clubs to really have black players, so it did represent the mass of the UK and how London is. I hope people at the club know that and who are they playing for.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom