• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sylvain Distin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal_FAN1983

I think if Wenger is going to buy defensive cover in the summer it would be Mathieu Bodmer.

He said he will be open to leaving Lille in the summer didn't he??

longrufus

Established Member
And considering Bodmar is a box to box midfielder he wouldnt provide much defensive cover. Not to mention the contract he signed that will keep him at Lille until 2011

nazo

Established Member
isnt bodmar a dm?
distin isnt the answer now, his good days are coming to an end slowly.

we need a central defender who is around the age of 24-28 in the summer.

longrufus

Established Member
More of a box to box, he has played behind the frontman on occasion, a bit like gerrard, has the ability to play various positions but his best is CM, driving the team foward.

I would rather the new CB under 25 to be honest, there are plenty of quality players out there. A.Ferdinand will become a very good player, but would love to see kompany in an arsenal shirt

GUNNERS4L1FE

Established Member
the only thing i can say about distin is he is ****e. i dont think wenger will buy a CB i think he will give a chance to djourou who looks like a decent prospect.

nazo

Established Member
longrufus said:
More of a box to box, he has played behind the frontman on occasion, a bit like gerrard, has the ability to play various positions but his best is CM, driving the team foward.

I would rather the new CB under 25 to be honest, there are plenty of quality players out there. A.Ferdinand will become a very good player, but would love to see kompany in an arsenal shirt

the second we bid for kompany, chelski would bid the double. i dont think well ever see this guy in an arsenal shirt.

gstew

GUNNERS4L1FE said:
the only thing i can say about distin is he is s***e. i dont think wenger will buy a CB i think he will give a chance to djourou who looks like a decent prospect.

Distin has had a few bad games over the last couple of years, but he has proven to be a very good defender and is better than Senderos right now. He dominated RVN today and I have seen him do that to quite a few quality forwards. But I don't see Wenger signing him because of his age.

BTW, I love Senderos and think that he will become an excellent player. If he had more pace, I could see him becoming one of the best in the world. Instead I expect him to become a very good player and a phenomenal leader.

A

Anonymous

This thread still alive? ffs?

You don't let go of Campbell and Cygan and bring in a 28yr old ponce called Dystin or whatever virus name he has.

Wasn't this the same lil bastid that got manhandled like feck by Jason Roberts?

gstew

Kha0z said:

You don't let go of Campbell and Cygan and bring in a 28yr old ponce called Dystin or whatever virus name he has.

Jason Roberts manhandled Sol earlier this season.

Arsenal_4eva_14

Please, this person has watched his soccer match (45mins of it) and seen Distin mark an average RVN so now he is good enough for us? PLease, if you watched closely enough you will see his positioning was terrible, and if it wasn't for his speed and RVN bad touch, he would have been humiliated

A

Anonymous

gstew said:
Kha0z said:

Jason Roberts manhandled Sol earlier this season.

What does that prove, Mr California?

That they are both equally inept?

Do you know how many calls there were about Sol Campbell's fitness and general teamplay? Suffice to say, Arsenal need a new rock in defence.. and you don't replaced Sol Campbell with an overaged **** that has bad positional sense, lack of awareness and get's manhandled by anyone with velocity and aggression.

EDIT :- [Running Gag] Americans :roll: [/Running Gag]

kel varnsen

Established Member
asajoseph said:
Right, I'm back...

I can't believe all this Senderos hatred that's going around - the guy's 20 freaking years old, and has spent years injured. Yes, he makes a few mistakes at the moment, but the guy has an immense ceiling, and it won't be long before he's back to top form.

it's because he is useless on the ball, lacks vision and the natural 'calm' of a top class defender. in addition, he makes too many mistakes. will never be a top class central defender...

longrufus

Established Member
Very harsh in my opinion kel, he is only 20, and CB is a very hard position to play in at a young age, especially when your at a top team. As he gains more expeirence the mistakes will disappear. I think he will be a top class defender for sure.

kel varnsen

Established Member
longrufus said:
Very harsh in my opinion kel, he is only 20, and CB is a very hard position to play in at a young age, especially when your at a top team. As he gains more expeirence the mistakes will disappear. I think he will be a top class defender for sure.

look at anton ferdinand. so good on the ball and he has the natural 'calm and awareness' of a central defender. senderos doesn't. i'd take ferdiand over senderos any day. will be a far better defender. no doubt about it...

asajoseph

Established Member
Haha... Ferdinand has been raped on a fair few occasions this season.

Kel, go to bed. You'll feel better in the morning.

kel varnsen

Established Member
senderos gets raped on a regular basis...

anton ferdinand will be england's first choice within 2-3 years. of that i am certain.

btw, the main reason i really don't like senderos is because he is so ****ing useless on the ball. i hate defenders who really can't pass the ball and panic as soon as a forward gets within 10 yards of them...

kel varnsen said:
i think he is a solid central defender. tall, quick and strong. pretty good on the ball as well and and adjusted to the premiership. if we can't get chivu, kompany etc we should definately have a look at distin.

are you kidding me?
he is a mistake machine. a constant calamity.
midos goal was a prime example.
is up there with the comedy duo of bramble and boumsong.

phonics

my friend played with Djourou the year he got bought at Etoile Carouge.

Senderos is porbably the last person to panic in a situation like that. Senderos is able to ride tackles, good positioning and is starting to really get his strength up(note how pissed off Roberts was getting and Roberts is known that his only talent is pushing defenders off the ball)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The only moment of possible happiness is the present. The past gives regrets. And future uncertainties. Man quickly realised this and created religion. It forgives him what he has done wrong in the past and tells him not to worry about the future, as you will go to paradise.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom