• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sylvain Distin

Status
Not open for further replies.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
antoin ferdinand is better than senderos?

right :roll:

senderos will never be a world class defender...

and you will never be a person with a good brain...

asajoseph

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
senderos gets raped on a regular basis...

anton ferdinand will be england's first choice within 2-3 years. of that i am certain.

btw, the main reason i really don't like senderos is because he is so f****g useless on the ball. i hate defenders who really can't pass the ball and panic as soon as a forward gets within 10 yards of them...

Yes, it tends to happen to 20 year old central defenders. And as it happens, it happens to Senderos far less often than most. If Anton Ferdinand had been putting in the same performances for Arsenal as he has for West Ham, you'd be *****ing about him too. A talented player, no doubt, but young and raw and still prone to mistakes, just like Senderos.

Senderos isn't a great passer, but having one guy in the backline who can't pass the ball is far from **** - his other qualities more than make up for it. Indeed, I don't recall you spending years *****ing about Sol Campbell.

Gurgen

Established Member
I guess Tony Adams and Jaap Stam passed like Dennis Bergkamp right kel :lol:

Stop embarassing yourself mate.

gstew

Kha0z said:
gstew said:
Kha0z said:
This thread still alive? ffs?

You don't let go of Campbell and Cygan and bring in a 28yr old ponce called Dystin or whatever virus name he has.

Wasn't this the same lil bastid that got manhandled like feck by Jason Roberts?

Jason Roberts manhandled Sol earlier this season.

What does that prove, Mr California?

That they are both equally inept?

Do you know how many calls there were about Sol Campbell's fitness and general teamplay? Suffice to say, Arsenal need a new rock in defence.. and you don't replaced Sol Campbell with an overaged **** that has bad positional sense, lack of awareness and get's manhandled by anyone with velocity and aggression.

EDIT :- [Running Gag] Americans :roll: [/Running Gag]

It proves that Jason roberts can manhandle some of the biggest and strongest defenders in the EPL. Therefore, your argument that Roberts abusing Distin makes him worthless is very harsh. And I never stated we should pursue Distin, just that he is a quality defender that has made a few high profile blunders that have overshadowed his real quality.

I can accept your ridicule of Americans' opinions when it comes to politics (we bring it upon ourselves with our obvious political ignorance). But the Americans that follow football/soccer are highly informed, educated and knowledgable. It isn't sexy to be a fan over here, so only true fans (whether it be Arsenal, Liverpool, ManU or West Ham) are evident. The only fans that I would call ignorant are likely to be Chelsea fans. As it is obvious that they are opportunistic poseurs. Here in California we often wake up for either 4:30 or 9:00 AM kickoffs to see Arsenal live. But over 90% of Arsenal matches are on TV. So if you aren't a season ticket holder, I doubt that you have seen Arsenal play as much over the past five years as I have. Your ridicule is bigoted and unacceptable. Americans should only be ridiculed for our politics!! :x

SuperBob

Are you serious A Ferdinand better then Senderos? The guy is not really agressive in the tackle and his positioning sucks.. The amount of times i've seen him give a long ball from the back that goes no where doesn't suggest to me he's got a good passing game either.

I would take Senderos over him in a heartbeat!

Also Chivu would be the best buy I reckon.. with Sol approaching 32.. I think it's time to get Chivu sooner rather then later.

kel varnsen

Established Member
yes, i do think anton ferdinand is a better player than senderos. west ham's defense is pretty ****e, but he still plays well. a much more skilled defender than senderos and he has that 'natural awareness and calm' of a top class central defender.

gstew

SuperBob said:
Also Chivu would be the best buy I reckon.. with Sol approaching 32.. I think it's time to get Chivu sooner rather then later.

Agree about Chivu. He could split time with Clichy at LB (after Cole goes to Madrid) and also spend time in the center and do both jobs at world class level. He is the most skilled defender in Europe on the ball. If he had Toure's pace he would be the best defender in the world.

chachacallis

we can go for de jong , heard he wants to leave ajax and he will be free in the summer, useful player more than one position

Tegh

Established Member
Senderos was quality for us last season when we had our defensive injuries. He got mauled by Drogba, who's extremely physical and Senderos was inexperienced. The World Cup will do wonders for Senderos's confidence and ability, and I can't wait to see him in action for his country.

Take a look at Senderos vs Wigan, he kept Roberts in check throughout the game, and that's no easy task because Roberts is fit, quick, and extremely strong. To be as strong as Senderos is at the age of 20, is a good starting block to go with his current ability. He can only get better with match experience and time.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
Tegh said:
Senderos was quality for us last season when we had our defensive injuries. He got mauled by Drogba, who's extremely physical and Senderos was inexperienced. The World Cup will do wonders for Senderos's confidence and ability, and I can't wait to see him in action for his country.

Take a look at Senderos vs Wigan, he kept Roberts in check throughout the game, and that's no easy task because Roberts is fit, quick, and extremely strong. To be as strong as Senderos is at the age of 20, is a good starting block to go with his current ability. He can only get better with match experience and time.

agreed. anton fredinand may be a world class defender one day but for now, senderos owns him every now and then. and don't get me started on how drogba, crespo, roberts and camara raped anton far more than what they did to senderos.

ultimus

thank god Kel isnt managing Arsenal. not just he thinks adebayor isnt a worthy addition to Arsenal, he even rated Distin!!

phonics

Tegh said:

watch Switzerland come above France. The only reason we finished below in the qualifying group this time is because of a really poor offensive performance against Israel.

2 years ago France would of won 3-0 easily but the last time we won and the time before that they didn't trouble us badly in a 0-0 draw

richard dunne who used to be ****, i think he was an alki for a while (i remember when arsenal battered man city 5 or 6 n he was at fault for every goal!) but after he kicked that habit, he has been awesome and makes distin look much better than he really is!

senderos is soooo much better than anton ferdinand its unreal! remember the back end of last season when everyone was saying we had the new tony adams and hes had 2 bad games against his nemesis drogba, and now everybody thinks hes ****! he is top quality international (a ferdinand isnt), and just cuz he hasnt got a famous overrated dopey brother doesnt mean he isnt as good!

also cygan! he is class aswell! he was **** when he first came to arsenal but he has had a quality season, im not nervous nemore when he plays cuz hes a steady player now! hes played 12 premiership games this season, with 9 clean sheets!!! and only 6 conceded in those other games! and half the time hes been playin out of position! the last 5 games have all been clean sheets and hes played in all of them! no other team has a 4th centre back as good as him so i dont know why you complain! and hes happy to sit on the bench!

also chivu is gonna cost 20-30 million! hes not worth that! no defender is!

cygan has kept a clean sheet 75% of his games this season! prbbly mroe cuz i havent counted europe n fa cup! i dnt think many other players can say that!

nazo

Established Member
alisalamiii said:
cygan has kept a clean sheet 75% of his games this season! prbbly mroe cuz i havent counted europe n fa cup! i dnt think many other players can say that!

omg, please tell me you're kidding :roll:
im not a cygan basher but what you are saying, shows how little you know about football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If Ryan Giggs is worth 20 millions, Bergkamp is worth 100 million

Marco Van Basten
Top Bottom