• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Tales from the RAWK side

Feel like that says a lot about your drive then, no? He's not turning down 140k per week to be liked by others, he's turning down 140k and a season on the bench because he wants to play football. It's not like he's going to be earning 20k as a result. He'll get a decent contract (and is already sitting on loads of money, I'm sure) and he'll get to do what he loves: play football.

There are definitely players out there who are satisfied just getting a big paycheque, but you have to admire the players who would rather prioritize doing what they love over simply earning money and sitting on a seat for 38 games.

Nah, can't admire people who turn down big checks just to play football instead. Guess it is two ways street then.

Anyway, my drive... I'm never going to be rich, never even thought about it. Banking, business, boring jobs. I'm a scientist. It sounds a little bit dramatic but just to put it out there.

Last edited:

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Nah, can't admire people who turn down big checks just to play football instead. Guess it is two ways street then.

Anyway, my drive... I'm never going to be rich, never even thought about it. Banking, business, boring jobs. I'm a scientist. It sounds a little bit dramatic but just to put it out there.
:
It is understood De Gea is so desperate to join Real that he has agreed to accept a deal on lesser terms that will see him forfeit up to £12m in wages."

dave_rwr

Established Member

Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

With that said - success comes in different shapes and sizes and I think that's what I was trying to get at with my post (and you seem to be getting at from another direction). To some people, success is money and it's not a perspective that you can really argue against. To some people, success is doing what you love and doing it as well as you can. Of course I'm just guessing here, but it sounds like Milner falls into the camp. And as someone who also fits into the "scientist" category (I have a PhD but make about half of what I could elsewhere so I can do what I love and make a real difference at the company I'm at right now), I'd say success to me and many others is something different, and personally more important, than money.

It's all relative, and while this is super tangental, I'd like to think the world needs more people who prioritize doing what they love and doing it well above making a ton of money doing it!

Mastadon

Established Member

If it doesn't work out you can always cook crystal meth. Make some fat stacks yo.

Bigbludfire

Established Member
The word going round is that Milner snubbed City AND Arsenal for the scousers.

Like... where the flying **** do they get these things from??

blaze_of_glory

May have been like this:

Arsenal: how about a squad role and 85k a week?
Milner: sounds fair tbh

Liverpool: how 'bout a starting role, 160k a week, and a fanbase that will tell you you're better than Alexis Sanchez and write poetry about you?
Milner: er.. that's really weird, but yeah alright.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Milner just loves The North doesn't he? Leeds, Newcastle, Birmingham (although not technically North,) Manchester and now Liverpool.

Shame he's not at Newcastle anymore, missing out on the best pies in the North East.

Mastadon

Established Member
The word going round is that Milner snubbed City AND Arsenal for the scousers.

Like... where the flying **** do they get these things from??

It does make sense. He knows he won't get regular football with us/City and he's won enough stuff riding the bench. Could totally understand him wanting first team football for the remaining years of his career and Pool is prob the biggest club willing to offer him that.

Arsenal Quotes

The club changed so much, I changed with it and football has changed with us... But one thing never changes: the 90 minutes still belong to the player, 90 minutes during which he is king.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom