• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Cazorla Conundrum

Status
Not open for further replies.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
North5 said:
We need a true left winger. Cazorla can't hack the wing in the PL. He's a great player to have though. Just being over played in a position he isn't suited for in England.
think he could be a solid wide player in the right system, Silva and. Mata have both done damage there in the past. I agree though he should play more centrally.

outlaw_member

Established Member
You either play Cazorla or Özil. It's that simple. Two playmakers in one side has rarely ever worked right throughout history. You can go as far back as the Mazzola and Rivera conundrum that the Italian's experienced. The only plausible ways are to partner them in a CM partnership ahead of a DM like Barcelona do, or a DLP and an AM as part of a diamond like Milan did in the past. We on the other hand play one in the middle and one out wide, which serves to compromise our flank's threat, almost completely.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Cazorla and Özil can both play when surrounded by the right players, a hold up striker, an off the ball runner and a box to box player as well as a solid back 4/5 behind them.

This whole Cazorla can't play wide, or Özil and Cazorla can't play together is a very very lazy argument.

Cazorla is best when he's drifting inside from wide areas and Özil is best when he's drifting wide from inside areas. Cazorla has played wide most of his career, and has been pretty brilliant in that role.... we play a lobsided formation anyways when fully fit which puts emphasis on Theo on the right being our most important attacking threat, while on the left Cazorla will drift and we look to Gibbs to overlap. I genuinely think for the past 2 months anyways are system has failed Cazorla and his form and confidence has suffered as a result, as well as most of the team.

In December and January he was our best player because of the players around him allowed him to play his natural game. Özil drifting, Ramsey or Wilshere adding to the attack and for a period Walcott being in the team..... this allowed Cazorla to play his quick passing and was majorly effective.

Football isn't rocket science, when you're playing as static as we have been for the past 2 months you're not going to get the best out of a player who's game is based on high tempo, quick passing and creative football.

stiiphunn

Established Member
I see no reason why Özil and Cazorla couldn't play together IF the balance in the rest of the team is right. Cazorla and Özil need runners around them - this is where they will thrive the most. If you (i) replace Giroud with someone who's able to make convincing/incisive runs off the ball, (ii) have Walcott and Ramsey in the team, there's no doubt in my mind that Özil and Cazorla will do wonders.

Cazorla and Özil are two brilliant footballers and they really, really are the least of our concerns. We should focus on addressing our real problems here - i.e. the lack of pace and mobility in the final third.

stiiphunn

Established Member
Tir Na Nog said:
Cazorla and Özil can both play when surrounded by the right players, a hold up striker, an off the ball runner and a box to box player as well as a solid back 4/5 behind them.

This whole Cazorla can't play wide, or Özil and Cazorla can't play together is a very very lazy argument.

Cazorla is best when he's drifting inside from wide areas and Özil is best when he's drifting wide from inside areas. Cazorla has played wide most of his career, and has been pretty brilliant in that role.... we play a lobsided formation anyways when fully fit which puts emphasis on Theo on the right being our most important attacking threat, while on the left Cazorla will drift and we look to Gibbs to overlap. I genuinely think for the past 2 months anyways are system has failed Cazorla and his form and confidence has suffered as a result, as well as most of the team.

In December and January he was our best player because of the players around him allowed him to play his natural game. Özil drifting, Ramsey or Wilshere adding to the attack and for a period Walcott being in the team..... this allowed Cazorla to play his quick passing and was majorly effective.

Football isn't rocket science, when you're playing as static as we have been for the past 2 months you're not going to get the best out of a player who's game is based on high tempo, quick passing and creative football.
Yep, couldn't agree more with this.

mo50

Established Member
Tir Na Nog said:

Any half decent player can excel with the right players around them, it's why Carrol went for 35m.

Cazorla has been one of the biggest disappointments of the season for me. He's basically done nothing, hasn't turned up in away matches and is so easily nullified on the left it makes for a painful viewing.

Even things he's excelled at last season are gone. His touch currently rivals that of Bendtners and his passing has gone to sh*t. Cazorla at his current level has no place in the side, I'm afraid we've already seen his best days too.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I'm not going to write him , his touch is still damn good to me . He's had a mediocre season by his standards but he had an incredible first season last year a candidate for buy of the season . 12 assists and 13 goals I think that is a great return for any player that in not a forward . He'll be back next season .

Pies

Cazorla urges Arsenal to spend big in the summer

Wonder how he would feel if we bought a Reus/Draxler in the summer and his playing time severely diminished? Careful what you wish for... :p I don't see him as untouchable at all, think he has a lot of quality, but I often think we could benefit from more of a direct wide player at times (and even this season Podolski has given us that and has changed the game when he's come on, a few times at least :p). Personally don't think he's anything more than a backup to Özil if he dreams of playing as the CAM.

To be honest a lot of that article is a bit rich coming from Cazorla this season,many of his performances have left a lot to be desired. Like others say I think he will get back to his best next season with our key players back and new additions.

I really don't put much in these things, he/they can spin it anyway they want. He can say he lost something in translation yada yada yada....whatever. I think we all agree with him when he says we need some quality signings this summer.

Tir Na Nog

Why would he be back up to Özil, Özil is a number 10/playmaker and Cazorla is an attacking midfielder.

Rosicky is Ozils back up. Cazorla will either play left, right or slightly deeper.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
truth_hurts said:
My argument is that he was a little 'bitty' last year as well. Undoubtedly brilliant though and not a player who we should be thinking about losing. we could and should be building him into our line up. every bit as good as David Silva.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Think it might have been against Newcastle that he switched to a slightly deeper position during the game. If we got a quality defensive midfielder I'd like see him given games there.

US_Gooner

Established Member
Tir Na Nog said:
Why would he be back up to Özil, Özil is a number 10/playmaker and Cazorla is an attacking midfielder.

Rosicky is Ozils back up. Cazorla will either play left, right or slightly deeper.
Because Cazorla's not quick enough or direct enough to be Arsenal's starting XI left or right threat. That leaves the middle where Ramsey and Özil are preferred.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He's 29 and needs to say stuff like this because he's never won a bean at club level. This makes him sound ambitious.

He's, of course, right when he says we need big players to make it easier to win stuff--we all agree with that. I'm not entirely comfortable with players speakng like fans, though, so I'd rather he kept it shut tbh. No harm done though. The FA cup will shut him up for now.

Tir Na Nog

Penn_ said:
Think it might have been against Newcastle that he switched to a slightly deeper position during the game. If we got a quality defensive midfielder I'd like see him given games there.

West Ham one was it not when Ramsey came off? (might have been Newcastle too), I remember that game fondly though he was absolutely unbelievable in that role.... completely dominating midfield.

The only thing about him in that role is, and I'm an advocate of him having a future there, is that he'd never support around him, like one or two players along side him who've got legs and are a bit tougher.

Pies

Tir Na Nog said:

Personally don't think he's anything more than a backup to Özil if he dreams of playing as the CAM.

What's so hard to understand?

And, Özil IS an attacking mid.

Tir Na Nog

Pies said:
Tir Na Nog said:

Personally don't think he's anything more than a backup to Özil if he dreams of playing as the CAM.

What's so hard to understand?

And, Özil IS an attacking mid.

In a different way to the way Cazorla is though, there's a difference between a number 10 and an attacking midfielder. It's why Iniesta always plays as a CM or out wide for Barca/Spain as he's not suited to being the main number 10.

My point being, Wenger prefers Rosicky as his back up number 10 option whenever Özil is not available and that has been evident even since last season. Cazorla hasn't played regularly as a number 10 since the start of his Arsenal career.

No need to get p*ssy about it.

Chass

Guys Caz is under a lot of pressure right now okay! And he's not handling it as good as the rest of the team. We've just got to let Santi do Santi and allow the big bird in him spread those wings and fly.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Cazorla's position for the last few weeks, "wahay got the ball" "who do I pass to?" "okay pass to Giroud and he can pass to Podolski" " and he can pass to Arteta" "and Ill move in to position to recieve the ball and see if I can spot the runner" "surely someone will make the run" >>> Cazorla passes the ball to Giroud who promptly loses the ball >> Cazorla must then try and put in a tackle and try and defend.

How can you get the best out of a player whose bread and butter is a passing game? With Ramsey back in he'll improve.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Lad says he'll be off soon -

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenal-news-santi-cazorla-fires-3391667" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... es-3391667</a>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We don't sign superstars, we make them.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom