<

The next five games in 12 days

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by pigge, Oct 19, 2018.

1. pigge

pigge Wishes Wrestling Fans Liked Him

[​IMG]

Unreal schedule finishing of with Liverpool coming up.
    Want to have all wins of course but after the two first games fatigue will play in and crystal palace / Blackpool does not have the extra game so they will be much fresher than us.

Liverpool gets a week rest while we play blackpool in between. But we could play a secondary team in the blackpool match. We could also play with one of lacazette/aubameyang on bench during the start and sub early if we have a big lead or need more goals. (both sub off for kids or sub the other one on for more goals).

Will be fun to see many games either way. Will be interesting to see how Emery handles the squad during this intense period!

Rimaal likes this.
  2. tap-in

tap-in Nothing Wrong With Me

We have to rest our players for the Blackpool game. We can still have a strong team, Nketiah, Welbeck, Guendouzi, Elneny, Cech, Lichsteiner, Kolasinac, that's more than enough for Blackpool and our main team gets 6 days rest before dismantling Pool.

5 wins!

3. bingobob

bingobob Fan of Technicians Who Show Great Character Trusted

5 wins again!

4. Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Dennis_Bergkamp_10 Well-Known Member

Dreading the Crystal Palace fixture. And guessing that we'll get a maximum of 1 point vs Liverpool.

5. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory Moderator Moderator

So great how we go 16 days with no games at all and then this. Makes a ton of sense that we should play Monday rather than Saturday with the game on Thursday coming up.

Sapient Hawk, celestis, pigge and 3 others like this.
  6. tap-in

tap-in Nothing Wrong With Me

Yeah that is pretty poor. I know top clubs get runs like this but any club playing in CL or EL should not be playing on a Mon evening. There should be a panel that looks at fixtures well in advance and games changed if required. Surely the PL & FA want English clubs to do well in Europe, yes even the EL, it's in their interest as well to avoid these fixtures.

krackpot and blaze_of_glory like this.
  7. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

They want us knackered by the time we play Liverpool, the FA, the media, the PL they all want Liverpool to win the league. It is blatantly obvious.

8. Rimaal

Rimaal Questionable Taste

I'm not expecting beat Pool with or without a rested squad.

9. Tosker

Tosker Does Not Hate Foreigners

I would be happy to see a weakened team against Porto, as it isn't a must win, which is true of the Blackpool game

An away win at Palace, and three points from Liverpool matter much more

10. GunnerUK

GunnerUK Well-Known Member

On the plus side there isn’t much traveling. Portugal is only 4 hours flight and our only away game is in London.

Winning all 5 would be immense but we’re reaching surely.! Way to much to ask have to be a few draws

Sanchez11 likes this.
  11. asukru

asukru Well-Known Member

I feel confident even if we don't get much rest in between - we need to view this as it will keep momentum going, especially WHEN we get a great result against Leicester on Monday.

12. rich 1990

rich 1990 Not A Big Believer In Diversity

I'd be happy to see a weak team against Porto especially as we're not playing them.

Sapient Hawk and gkoat like this.
  13. rich 1990

In fairness, that Blackpool game is a nice game. A b team should win that easily. The big scandal is the Leicester game being on Monday. Absolute ****ing disgrace.

14. Sanchez11

Sanchez11 Superior Journalist To Charles Watts

Only a trip to Portugal, the rest is in London. Its not just us with the fixtures these internationals are a pain in arse!!!

ThlRama likes this.
  15. GunnerUK

GunnerUK Well-Known Member

I think the typical Europa team should be put out against Benfica and Blackpool - with the likes of Özil, Lacazette and Auba on the bench. The rest is the first team. A draw likely in Portugal.

I think we can beat Liverpool they haven’t lost yet and will sooner or later - Arsenal away

gkoat and American_Gooner like this.
  16. Tosker

Tosker Does Not Hate Foreigners

oops - but I see @GunnerUK is no better

17. rich 1990

I can forgive your but I really hope his was a joke.

18. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Established Member

Bold prediction: probs not gonna win all 5.

ThlRama likes this.
  19. HBL

HBL Well-Known Member

Will be difficult to win all 5, I'm just hoping we win at least two of the premier league games. Should beat Blackpool whatever team we put out and not too bothered about the Sporting result as we should beat them at home.

Premier league is definitely the priority though. Wouldn't surprise me if teams have to get a record amount of points to reach top four. I'm thinking 78-80, top teams just seem to be grinding out results no matter how well they play.

20. say yes

say yes Thread Title Abuser

Don’t think the schedule is too tough at all. Can play a weaker team in the midweek games.

Anders Harbo likes this.