• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread - Winter 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick42uk

Established Member
Re: January Transfer Window 2009 Deadline Day

Quaresma is **** ffs! Really cannot understand the obsession with him.

hesham

Established Member

Yep, I don't see him making much of an impact, especially if its just a short loan spell

True Gooner

Established Member

Agreed, Quaresma is one of the most overrated players on this board.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

Yeah, he got the Bidone d'Oro award in Italy earlier this season as the worst player in Serie A. He's a big flop outside of Portugal unfortunately.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

he has ability, but cant cope with pressure really.. he was at Real as a younger player, failed there.. went back to Port. to get his confidence up, did so, moved to Inter, failed.. how anyone thinks that a player who can't make it in Italy (for a Portuguese coach who loves Portuguese players) or Spain will make it in England..

can't see him doing much.. a couple of early knocks and some bad press will take him right out... he has a worse mentality than Reyes did FFS

entropy13

Established Member

He never played for Real US, it's Barcelona you're talking about. ;)

Alfonso

Established Member

I think Quaresma might surprise a few people as I can imagine him being a hit in England. Yes, he is a bit hot and cold but I think he will prove to be a good signing for Chelsea. Lets face it they were crying out for a creative winger even before Joe Cole got injured and they could have done a lot worse than sign this Portugeezer.

In Italy they are a lot more tactically astute than in England, so I think he will get more time and space on the ball here to show his skills and thus be an effective player for his club. Put it this way, he is better than Malouda and Kalou.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

Talent wise he's probably twice the player that Kalou is, but he's not even close to his level judged by appearances. Kalou's been behind most things that Chelsea has created this season and he was the single most important reason for Anelka hitting his early form peak. He's younger, smarter and more tactical. Quaresma's been sucking for six months on the bench in Serie A and doesn't run a single yard if there's no personal gain in it for him. Absolutely useless as a team player. He does that rabona thing every now and then but rarely hits the target. He needs to straighten up or his career will end up as a footnote in the history books.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

Anyway, I feel Mourinho didn't give him enough chance to prove himself at Inter too. Not entirely Quaresma's fault

outlaw_member

Established Member

I think the gung ho approach in England might suit him. He is very good at creating space for himself, and the style of defending in this country could be exploited to great effect. His mentality is questionable, and like Klaus said, he is incredibly selfish. The only person stopping Quaresma from succeeding, is himself. Scolari managed to get alot out of him for National Team, so he couldn't be under a better manager.

Lukazan

Established Member

nn5mv4.gif

Too good. :lol:

thegame24

Established Member

Thats ****ing hilarious, remembering abe is even funnier

thegame24

Established Member

Cant believe the abuse hes getting.

Picture this, all the games eboue has started at RM, the amount of times he had so much space and actually went past a couple players only to flop last 3rd.

Now put quaresma in all those situations and tell me he wouldnt star.

Btw i remember a lot of pople here saying robinho wasnt good enough (look how that turned out,, and at a **** team). I also remember the abuse arshavin got last summer.

Lukazan

Established Member

Alfonso was one of those saying Robinho would flop in England ;). He's saying he reckons Quaresma might be a hit and I think he'll flop, or in the very least fail to leave much of a mark.

Gooner_Stu

Established Member

alot of Quaresma lovers could get egg on their face if he flops in the coming months. Im not saying he will, but ive read the comments people post about him every transfer window. If he couldnt make it in Italy, id have my doubts about him.

But il give him the benefit of the doubt, and reserve judgement till his loan ends.

Viking

Gooner_Stu said:
alot of Quaresma lovers could get egg on their face if he flops in the coming months. Im not saying he will, but ive read the comments people post about him every transfer window. If he couldnt make it in Italy, id have my doubts about him.

Exactly. Robinho did well in La Liga, whereas Quaresma more or less flopped in both Italy and Spain. I personally didn't think Robinho would cope with the rougher Premiership, but that doesn't make me believe in Quaresma, who I'm convinced will flop.

Let's bookmark this page, thegame, and we'll see in a couple of months ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.
When you read some books they are fantastic, the writer touches something in you that you know you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life.
If you are living like an animal, what is the point of living? What makes daily life interesting is that we try to transform it to something that is close to art. And football is like that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom