• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread - Winter 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

-vapour-

Re: January Transfer Window 2009 Deadline Day

outlaw_member said:
ricky1985 said:
outlaw_member said:
I think the gung ho approach in England might suit him.

Gung ho approach? Maybe in 2003, not anyomre.

It's still there, but just to a lesser degree.

Too many bottom end of the league teams like to park the bus against teams who adopt the gung ho approach. Therefore you can not call the league as a whole, gung ho. 5 or so years ago the league was much more gung ho and open. Hence the Anelkas and Henrys ripped it to shreds. Hell if the likes of Torres played in the EPL back then he would seem a much much better player now (not saying he is **** just saying he would be even better if the league was the same as it once was).

But anyway yes, to a lesser degree maybe so.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Re: January Transfer Window 2009 Deadline Day

I suspect Ricky mistook my 'gung ho' comment like you did, Vapour. In hindsight, I should have further explained just what I was driving at. I was alluding to how the general player in England defends, which is to close down the attacker as quickly as possible, rather than how teams defend on the whole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not arrogant and I'm not frightened to say it.. Arsenal can go through whole season unbeaten

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom