• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread - Winter 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Re: January Transfer Window 2009 Deadline Day

folks, lets keep this to transfer news.. seriously.. there hasnt been one post about a transfer in the thread yet..

Kentacula

USArsenal said:
i dont hold that many grudges unless someone has been a constant pr*ck.. (there are some of those around, but im not including you in that - for now)..

;D

Great. (Any chance of unblocking Vanpersiethegoldenboy?)

Classy_Gunner

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4881313,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 13,00.html</a>

Seems like Given will be moving to money bags City after all. City have said to be offering 5 million which is a bargain of his quality and he is now having a mdical at the Eastlands.

Arai

Spam Hunter Bot

Classy_Gunner said:
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4881313,00.html

Seems like Given will be moving to money bags City after all. City have said to be offering 5 million which is a bargain of his quality and he is now having a mdical at the Eastlands.

I wonder why Harper playing as Toon's Keeper for today.

Kentacula

Ryan Taylor looking almost certain to join the Toons before the deadline.

Ryan Taylor Awaiting Newcastle United Move Confirmation

Wigan Athletic's right-sided player Ryan Taylor is moving ever closer to his desired move to Newcastle United, and is now just awaiting confirmation for the transfer to go through.

The former Tranmere Rovers player was seen at St. James' Park this afternoon in a Magpie's tracksuit where he will watch his future team play Sunderland in the Tyne and Wear derby.

The transfer taking the 24-year-old to Newcastle is now dependent on Charles N'Zogbia making the move in the opposite direction and joining Wigan.

The Frenchman has become frustrated with the running of his current club, and it was thought that he would make the move to Aston Villa last week.

However, after the Magpies showed an interest in signing Taylor, Latics boss Steve Bruce saw an opportunity to capitalise on N'Zogbia's misery and offered a swap deal.

Taylor, who has a habit of scoring against the Magpies, has been playing at the JJB Stadium after being snapped up by former Latics boss Paul Jewell in 2005. The versatile right-sided player has made 54 Premier League appearances for the Latics, scoring six times in the process.

The deal appears to suit all parties and it is thought the transfers will take place before the end of the transfer window.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en/news/700/newcastle/2009/02/01/1088363/ryan-taylor-awaiting-newcastle-united-move-confirmation" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en/news/700/newcast ... nfirmation</a>

Kentacula

Julien Faubert Thought Real Madrid Move Was A Joke

Real Madrid’s newest signing Julien Faubert has admitted that when he was first contacted by the club with a view to signing for Los Merengues, he thought it was a prank.

The 25-year-old has moved from West Ham United to Madrid in a loan deal until the end of the season, in one of the more unexpected switches of the transfer window.

The Frenchman passed a medical in Spain on Friday and will be presented to the media on Monday, with Real also having the option to sign the player on a permanent basis should the deal prove successful.

However, speaking to L’Equipe, the former Hammer has admitted that the proposed transfer also came as a shock to him.

"I got a phone call from a Real Madrid recruiter. I wasn't very polite to him. I thought I was being made fun of, that it was a joke," he explained, "I had just found out that contacts with Lyon and Newcastle had fallen through. I wasn't feeling good."

Faubert joined West Ham from Bordeaux in 2007 but struggled with injury which ruled him out of the majority of his first season at the club before falling out of favour with new manager Gianfranco Zola.

The midfielder has admitted that he is ready for the challenge at Real and will fight for his place in the team. He said: "It´s up to me to fight, to show that I can get in the team."

Faubert also revealed his relief at leaving Upton Park and is clearly hoping his future lies in Madrid, rather than East London.

"I couldn't see a way out [of West Ham]," he continued, "I thought I would be staying at West Ham, suffering mentally."

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2009/02/01/1088246/julien-faubert-thought-real-madrid-move-was-a-joke" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer ... was-a-joke</a>

M+D

Established Member

Apparently Liverpool and Sp**s are going to do a Lennon/Keane swap deal. If Liverpool can get Lennon to fulfill his potential thats a good deal for both sides I suppose.

Classy_Gunner

Taylor? I think that they could do much better than him .Just because he has played blinders against them in the past seasons it doesnt mean that theuy should sign him. 'Castle have some pretty decent wingers so i dont know why Kinnear is looking at Taylor .But it should be a huge challenge for him and i hope he succeds. He will probably be a replacement for N'Zogbia.

Kentacula

Merida+Denilson said:
Apparently Liverpool and Sp**s are going to do a Lennon/Keane swap deal. If Liverpool can get Lennon to fulfill his potential thats a good deal for both sides I suppose.
Keanes value at Tottenham is about 3 times his worth at Pool. Liverpool are in a very sticky situation at the moment regarding Keane. Hold him till seasons end and see if he improves or value atleast increases or offload him knowing Tottenham are likely to pay above Keane's current market price for their former star striker?

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐

Taylor was at the game today wearing Newcastle tracksuit. Assume deal is done!

Viking

Kentacula said:
Merida+Denilson said:
Keanes value at Tottenham is about 3 times his worth at Pool. Liverpool are in a very sticky situation at the moment regarding Keane. Hold him till seasons end and see if he improves or value atleast increases or offload him knowing Tottenham are likely to pay above Keane's current market price for their former star striker?

It would be a horrible deal for Liverpool. Lennon's not very good, and that would leave them with just Torres, N'gog and Kuyt for strikers (Babel too, but he's been very poor this season, and it's obvious Rafa doesn't believe in him anymore).

entropy13

Established Member

Viking said:
It would be a horrible deal for Liverpool. Lennon's not very good, and that would leave them with just Torres, N'gog and Kuyt for strikers (Babel too, but he's been very poor this season, and it's obvious Rafa doesn't believe in him anymore).

Tottenham are hoarding strikers and Liverpool are hoarding midfielders. Let them be. :lol:

Arai

Spam Hunter Bot

Just want to confirm on this January 2009 transfer deadline. Is it on 2nd Feb 2009@ 4 p.m or 5 p.m?

CrazyInLoveWithArsenal

Jo linked with a loan move to Everon, would be good for the player and Everton. When he signed I expected big things from him, at the right club he could explode. A really good striker in my opinion..

Arai

Spam Hunter Bot

Classy_Gunner said:
Its at 5pm ,Arai mate.

5 pm GMT, Right? Same as London eh? :? I am a bit confuse on the time zone :lol:

Thanks, mate :)

Classy_Gunner

Yeh he signed a huge 19 million fee an donly scored 1 prem goal from what i rememeber .But he hasnt really got the chance to impress lately so maybe a loan move would be good for him .

outlaw_member

Established Member

CrazyInLoveWithArsenal said:
Jo linked with a loan move to Everon, would be good for the player and Everton. When he signed I expected big things from him, at the right club he could explode. A really good striker in my opinion..

We should send either one of Vela or Bendtner to them, especially because Eduardo is back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Team picking is a complicated and scientific matter requiring expert knowledge

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Top Bottom