• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread - Winter 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

nazo

Established Member
Re: January Transfer Window 2009 Deadline Day

I saw it too. We rejected everything. We don't want to sell him apparently.

JazzG

Established Member

I'm hearing £12mill is what they are prepared to offer for Eboue after the £8mill bid was rejected.

JazzG

Established Member

What is so funny, them offering £12mill or us refusing £8mill?

ivansen

JazzG said:
I'm hearing £12mill is what they are prepared to offer for Eboue after the £8mill bid was rejected.

WHAT? 12 mill?

I don't want him to leave, and I think he's not been as bad people are saying. I think he is a great backup rb, and a decent backup right midfielder. He is a versatile squad player who has been used a bit too much due to injuries.

But 12 million pounds? Every player has his price, and his is lower than that. We could finance most of Arshavin for that. Puts it in perspective.

James

Established Member

JazzG said:
That much, really? **** me, dreamland!

Can't find anything on the net, i'm guessing it's a bit late. We'll have to see tomorrow morning.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus

Might very well have something to do with that Koke kid, James. Should be an interesting day tomorrow.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

if someone offered 12 quid for him, i would take it... i cant believe 1) anyone would be dumb enough to offer 8m, 2) we would turn it down or 3) someone would increase it to 12m and 4) we STILL turn it down??

someone tell me this is a big 'ol dream

Zico

Established Member

8 million pounds for Eboue? Some people have more dollars than sense. I'll fly out to London tonight to lend a helping hand on this one. I can't believe that Atletico cannot scout the Spanish or Portuguese leagues for a decent right back. This must be some sort of early April Fool's joke.

ricky1985

Established Member

Saw this on Setanta Sport News briefly, a little while ago.

kamikaze80

Established Member

JazzG said:
if thats true, i dont know whether to laugh or cry :lol:

Don Pacifico

Established Member

USArsenal said:
if someone offered 12 quid for him, i would take it... i cant believe 1) anyone would be dumb enough to offer 8m, 2) we would turn it down or 3) someone would increase it to 12m and 4) we STILL turn it down??

But if he left, we wouldn't have any squad depth... ;)

I really can't see the point in keeping him here. I read an account from someone who was at the WHU game yesterday (think it was gunn49er...or something) and they said that the crowd's reaction to Eboue was seriously negative. Let's be honest, he doesn't add much to our attack (although to be fair him, he started off alright before he got injured yesterday). As a backup RB, he's alright but £12 million for a reserve RB could really be useful bunsen.

@ Ivansen :

Nice to see someone has a similar appreciation of Davo.

ivansen

Don Pacifico said:
USArsenal said:

I really can't see the point in keeping him here. I read an account from someone who was at the WHU game yesterday (think it was gunn49er...or something) and they said that the crowd's reaction to Eboue was seriously negative. Let's be honest, he doesn't add much to our attack (although to be fair him, he started off alright before he got injured yesterday). As a backup RB, he's alright but £12 million for a reserve RB could really be useful bunsen.

@ Ivansen :

Yeah, the big Yorkshire man is a legend indeed.

I'm new to the main forum, and don't really know the customs. Should I change my picture, seeing it is the very same as yours?

thegame24

Established Member

He would actuallt be a really good full back in la liga.

MDGoonah41

Established Member

If we're not selling him for anything above 5M, then clearly he has something on the manager or the club. Its absurd.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

if 12m is actually to be believed, and its not accepted, then something is seriously wrong with our club... something rotten to the core..

Don Pacifico

Established Member

ivansen said:
Don Pacifico said:
USArsenal said:

@ Ivansen :

Yeah, the big Yorkshire man is a legend indeed.

I'm new to the main forum, and don't really know the customs. Should I change my picture, seeing it is the very same as yours?

Pffft...I don't really know. Doesn't really bother me too much but it may confuse people a tad. Up to your judgement I guess. Happy posting. :)

kamikaze80

Established Member

here's the other thing, if it's true that we rejected a 12m bid for eboue, it casts serious doubts over those who are still unconvinced by our financial statements over whether we have cash or not. would a club that was broke refuse 12m for a backup RB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I am asked why I stayed at Arsenal so long.. my answer is simple; I never wanted to be anywhere else. I could have earned a lot more elsewhere, but that wouldn't compensate for all the good years at Highbury.

David O'Leary

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 31

Arsenal are interested in Benfica CB Antonio Silva, but will have to trigger his £85m release clause to sign the 20 year old [Correio de Manha]

Youngster Charles Sagoe Jr is set for a loan spell at League One side Charlton Athletic [Online Gooner]

Arsenal have moved on to targeting Benfica midfielder Joao Neves after Martin Zubamendi indicated a preference to remain in La Liga [Teamtalk]

Liverpool, Arsenal and Bayern Munich have all made an approach to PSV forward Johan Bakayoko [Hbvl]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom