• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread - Winter 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herbas

Re: Transfer Deadline Day Countdown (31/01/2011 23:00 GMT)

Liverpool bid 35m for Caroll??!!

fp1t.jpg

waaaaiittt.... Newcastle rejected that bid??!!

91861390.jpg

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Rio Ferdinand has had his say on Twitter on today's transfer activity... "David Villa cost 34m....integral member of successful Spain team and played regular Champions League...UK market is crazy right now!"

rio is getting crazy like us lol

Gooner_Stu

Established Member

£35mil, SSSHHHEEEEEETTTTT thats a lot. Shows that a) The new board have accepted Kenny as their new manager, and a) are as loonie as they come.

Hes a good player and has some good potential but are they high on crack? Its a lot, a lot of money for 1 player whose not even fit. Hell, you can buy a lower league club for £35mil!!!

Nela

Established Member

35 million ? :shock:

Why would Liverpool pay that for Andy Caroll, it's crazy.

Someone on twitter made a good point, Liverpool have lost any right to complain about City/Chelsea/Real Madrid destroying the market.

Iloveyouarsenewenger

Established Member

I think, the board are looking in terms of net spending and since the money is coming from Torres' fee, they are not all that perturbed. I also think that the board are terribly ill-advised. They want to invest on young players with resale value and whoever is their adviser has vastly overrated Caroll while briefing them.

AFCG7

Established Member

Rio Ferdinand should keep his gob shut, the hypocrite ******. Didnt he move to United for a scandalous fee as well?

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1

Yes yes get in liverpool! Leeds MK II come on!

AFCG7

Established Member

Could very well get Chelsea back in the race , plus we arent guaranteed to win our so called easier games , especially with our best player Nasri out for a while.

Nela

Established Member

I just read that the 35 million bid was rejected, so whatever's been agreed is even more than that. :shock:

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Anybody fancy us making a suprise signing? :(

Mark

Established Member

This is absolute madness. A good half season in the Premier League makes you worth £35million?? We're never going to be afford any decent English player again...

Iloveyouarsenewenger

Established Member

AFCG7 said:
Rio Ferdinand should keep his gob shut, the hypocrite ******. Didnt he move to United for a scandalous fee as well?

Wasn't he the previous record English signing? No wonder he is pissed now.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

go49oner said:
THunter said:
Any idea who Newcastle are after to replace Carroll?

Here hoping it's Bendtner :)
He's the ideal replacement from a Newcastle point of view..i hope it doesn't!

Just read this on RAWK "Carroll is now the 7th costliest player in football history."

Is that true? If so, the worlds gone mad.

Thommybhoy

Established Member

Andy Caroll costs 35m, yet Barcelona estimated Fabregas is worth 29m! :lol: :lol:

We should try to sell Eboue and Squillaci to Liverpool, who knows we might get over 20m for both combined :D

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka

Iloveyouarsenewenger said:
I think, the board are looking in terms of net spending and since the money is coming from Torres' fee, they are not all that perturbed. I also think that the board are terribly ill-advised. They want to invest on young players with resale value and whoever is their adviser has vastly overrated Caroll while briefing them.

Agent Comolli

What is absolutely crazy is that Caroll is at least a month away from fitness with his injury. And they pay him 35m. ****ing ridiculous.

ManU are bricking it over the prospect of Torres joining Drogba in Chelsea attack. They will still have to play them twice and they all know Vidic is Tores' biatch. This could play very well in our hands to get closer to the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I've got the best goalkeeper and the best centre half. All I need are the best wingers and the best forward. It doesnt matter what the rest are like.

Herbert Chapman
Top Bottom