• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Official Transfer Deadline Thread - Winter 2006

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 62
  • Views 3,257
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

I really thought we might sign Yaya today but no such luck :thumbdown

asajoseph

Established Member
I didn't think we'd sign anyone today, so I have no excuse to be waiting up until the deadline, just to make sure...

Actually, one thing I have heard is that Wenger has been working through the night to get the croatian defender Noby Dy cleared by the FA for the second half of the season - big strong presence, and should plug the gap between Senderos and Campbell nicely. Well, you've got another 10 minutes Arsène!

A

Anonymous

^:D

I dont know if thetimes can time travel but they say this -

Wenger attempted to make a last-minute signing before the transfer window closed, but to no avail. “I kept my phone open but nobody phoned me last night,” he said. “We have to be patient, stick together and play.”

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0, ... 41,00.html

qs

Established Member
asajoseph said:
I didn't think we'd sign anyone today, so I have no excuse to be waiting up until the deadline, just to make sure...

Actually, one thing I have heard is that Wenger has been working through the night to get the croatian defender Noby Dy cleared by the FA for the second half of the season - big strong presence, and should plug the gap between Senderos and Campbell nicely. Well, you've got another 10 minutes Arsène!

Thats so been done.

A

Anonymous

Well, the deadline passed, and it's a failure, simply because Arsenal let go of three, two sales and a re-re-reloan.

Bentley had an obvious reason..
Quincy had no reason whatsoever.
And Ali is in limbo.

-Not the best way of ending a transfer window-

Ratinho

Established Member
Hardly a failure.

Bentley has thankfully gone.

Quincy is the most overrated player based on very little we've had in ages, he's a decent player but hardly something to mourn. One day when he learns how to move his body in motion with his legs, and escape from the 'Diet CRonaldo' mould he is in, we can consider it an error then..

Alliadiere has gone on loan, simple as that. Clearly Wenger either doesn't have a suitor to buy him yet, or is still considering his future here.

So a positive and two 'who cares?' tbh. Saying it's a failure because players that don't play, and clearly haven't shown anything to Wenger at the club have left, doesn't make sense.

We were never gonna panic buy, not Wenger's way, especially when he's clearly not panicking himself. When you panic, you end up with DJ Campbell joining your club based on little more than one game against a shambles of a team.

Tegh

Established Member
Not a failure.

Bentley wasn't Arsenal first team quality, Quincy - I'm unsure about, wish we'd loaned him out to get a bit of experience before selling him. Aliadiere, hmm. Injuries kind of put a downer on his career.

Our signings? Not seen enough to comment, but each has their own qualities they bring to our team.

phonics

asajoseph said:
A loan can be used as a kind of 'extended trial', provided we secure first-option rights to the player. I'm thinking of another successful loanee (although not to a top club) is Walter Pandiani, although Birmingham were never able to sign him

research your examples please. Pandiani was signed, he did TERRIBL, couldn't play for toffee, just turned into a complete bag of crap. They sold him first day of the transfer window to espanyol.

qs

Established Member
We got rid of 2 players who were never going to make it and brought in Diaby who appears to have what it takes. Ade who is an experienced player who offers us another option and Theo, the brightest young talent in Englsih football.

asajoseph

Established Member
Whoops, my bad :S

Pandiani (wasn't he originally signed on loan, and then they expected him to leave to sign a proper contract somewhere else) was quality for a fair old while, very strong, and very efficient. Although it does seem that he's been out of the limelight for quite some time...

longrufus

Established Member
He was originally loaned from the january transfer window last season, and was then signed in the summer for 3million i think.

A

Anonymous

Ratinho

'Bentley has thankfully gone'

Too true. These English players are a pile of crap let's buy a few more useless african players.

phonics

longrufus said:
He was originally loaned from the january transfer window last season, and was then signed in the summer for 3million i think.

5 million, was sold on 6 months later for 2.5

Ratinho

Established Member
dirtyden said:
Ratinho

'Bentley has thankfully gone'

Too true. These English players are a pile of crap let's buy a few more useless african players.

Heh, you clueless cvnt, you want to buy back every average player who's hade a decent game since leaving Arsenal? F**k me, it's seeping out of 'Pires/Gilberto/Sol must Go' through this place.

OMFGWTF an English player scored last night, they must all be quality LOLZEEPOPS!!

Tegh

Established Member
We should have got signed Bentley to sign a £90,000 contract, he's quality!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Nobody has enough talent to live on talent alone. Even when you have talent, a life without work goes nowhere

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom