• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The significance of being unbeaten?

satan_beckham

Yep,in fact i rather we lose 1 match now and then we get focus and starts to play better like our double winning season,our unbeaten run only started because of the newcastle defeat...

Jinn

Established Member
Last year when we lost, we couldn't start winning again.

I don't really care whatever happens, as long as the wins start coming again - draw, loss, whatever, its still points dropped.

At least we're keeping ourselves in with a fight.

reggiepaul

Wengerball is some really stupid, embarassing name made up that doesn't even begin to encompass or explain what Arsenal are playing like.

It's a stupid word and should shat upon, flushed down the toilet and blown up for the insulting, thoroughly embarassing and pathetic creation that it is.

We elevate football, we play football, we play the best football - simple as that. Eventually the game will develop further than this.

If you watch Italian, Spanish, French football and the like you'll see many many teams playing the one touch, one man in front of defence type of game. All Wenger and many other managers around Europe have done is train players, who basically want to play like this because it is the way the best play ( so again, not WENGERBALL *sigh*) to counter a team.

Look at Mourinho, Chelsea, AC Milan, actually AC Milan were playing like this before us like the Dutch and Liverpool were playing in the 70's and 80's.

So please don't come up with some pseudo commoner words like Wengerball. It's embarassing. We simply play world class football like many of the world play. Please - do yourself a favour.

reggiepaul

What?

Wengerball is a stupid word, that's what!

Oooh ooh ooh, stroke of genius for unknown wannabe "It's football, Wengers the manager - so so so (hold tight for originality blast) we'll call it WengerBall!!"...

Oh dear - how embarassing. How crude and awful and utterly inaccurate!!!

We play good football please don't insult the team, the club or the manager!! Please someone order a lobotomy to save future generations!!!

Chips&CurrySauce

Have to agree OneTeaminLondon and Reggie, whenever I hear 'Wengerball' I cringe. Wenger is a great player but some people on here seem to think that Wenger has invented this style of football. Wengerball is a naff and sad term and I would never use it. Chief protagonist being Adam, do us a favour mate and stop using it.

Phil

Wengerball was an Exiled quotation from 2002. One of his throwaway lines in the build up to a certain match. We were all pontificating about how we might win lose or draw, then Lucas just throws in "We will spank 'em, because we play Wengerball".

It was never a deep analysis of what we do. It was a joke.

Are we not in danger of taking ourselves too seriously, here? Boys and Girls?

Jkreffer

Established Member
What?

Wengerball is a stupid word, that's what!

Oooh ooh ooh, stroke of genius for unknown wannabe "It's football, Wengers the manager - so so so (hold tight for originality blast) we'll call it WengerBall!!"...

Oh dear - how embarassing. How crude and awful and utterly inaccurate!!!

We play good football please don't insult the team, the club or the manager!! Please someone order a lobotomy to save future generations!!!

Wow! This really gets up your nose doesn't it!

jc8gooner

Glad to see one of my old, old topics resurface. I now realise the significance of being unbeaten. During the season, it seemed to be a bit of a burden at the time I originally posted this. Now, we can just celebrate and wear our invincible t-shirts all summer!

Jinn

Established Member
Wengerball is a great term.

As soon as anyone mentions it, we all know what they're talking about - that great free-flowing form of football that nobody else in the world plays.

Just by stating that one word, we all relate to what the user is posting.

Wenger gets the naming rights because he introduced it to this team. Before Wenger we played Grahamball. Boring 1-0 wins. I'd rather Wengerball - its a superior form of football.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm prepared to be committed to the club at least until we go into the new stadium. For me, it’s important that the club goes in there and that I make sure the team are at a very good level. After that, whether it’s me or someone else, the club will be able to compete at the highest level. But for me to run away now would not be fair.

Arsène Wenger after extending his contract on 2004

Latest posts

Top Bottom