• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Malky

Established Member
0% chance of this happening but Mbappe.

An absolutely phenomenal player.
The only way I'll accept both Sanchez and Özil leaving this summer is if we use the transfer fee's we receive from both of them and put the money towards signing Mbappe.

Deathstroke

The Terminator
I see your point, @Optimistic, but I take issue with two things:

• Danilo Pereira (FC Porto). He's a very defensive midfielder who can also play at centreback. He's strong, tall and good in the air, which are all features we're a bit short on in midfield. He's also quite a capable passer of the ball and very mobile. I think having someone with his skillset would stop the opposition cutting through our midfield so easily. Ideally he would bench Coquelin, allowing Coquelin to deputise at rightback when necessary. Coquelin has played there before, and I believe his flaws (namely his passing game) would be less significant out wide.

No, please, no. No more shoehorning players into random positions; it has cost us enough times. Let's bring in a proper RB to replace Debuchy & Jenkinson, someone who can provide competition to Bellerin.

• Andrea Belotti (Torino). Although certainly unproven beyond the terrific season he's currently having, for years we have been hesitant to spend big money on young forwards and regretted the decision later. He's proven that he is at least capable of being a deadly finisher. Additionally he's the type of striker that creates chances for himself, is fairly tall, strong and good in the air, and quick enough to play on the counter. If nothing else he has an exceptional workrate and defends from the front, and wouldn't it be nice to see more of our players putting in the effort when we're out of possession? Torino wouldn't let him come cheap but I could see him moving as part of a similar deal as Anthony Martial to United. Certainly a risk, but we could afford it even if he flopped, and the rewards could be fantastic.
I saw Belotti against Juventus last weekend. What I noticed was a player with decent but not exceptional pace and not enough in terms of creativity or height (ESPN says 5'10"). WhoScored tells me apart from this season, he has had a modest goalscoring record.

Belotti stats.jpg

Italian striker in his 20s having a breakout season for Torino - reminded me of this guy:

Immobile stats.jpg

IMO, Belotti will cost way too much, especially for someone who is not a proven player yet. I'd rather invest a few more millions and bid for Aubameyang.

Last edited:

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
We should take a look at Ajejandro Grimaldo of Benfica for left back. Formerly of Barcelona as well like Bellerin. If Barca want them at some point, we could hold them ransom for 100 for two full backs.

Jack the lad

The sad thing is that wenger wanted Naby Keita, Xhaka, Sidibe, Mpabbe, Lacazette all in the summer. However he didnt promise 3 of those gametime. Mpabbe, keita and sidibe. How much better would we be now if only he would have lied. That idiot.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
The sad thing is that wenger wanted Naby Keita, Xhaka, Sidibe, Mpabbe, Lacazette all in the summer. However he didnt promise 3 of those gametime. Mpabbe, keita and sidibe. How much better would we be now if only he would have lied. That idiot.
We have gone through that previously with Cristiano as well, right? Wenger is not tactful.

Impact

Established Member
Think Mbappé is a terrific prospect but surely, we can't be targeting someone so raw to replace Alexis. Would have to be in addition to Alexis signing a new deal or not at all.

Jm89

Think Mbappé is a terrific prospect but surely, we can't be targeting someone so raw to replace Alexis. Would have to be in addition to Alexis signing a new deal or not at all.

No chance he's coming to us Madrid apprently have had a bid rejected

Gon_Freecss

---------------------------------Cech-----------------------------------

---Belerin---------------Kos------------Mustafi----------Sandro---

------------------Naingolan--------------Wilshere-------------------

------------------------------Bernardo Silva--------------------------

---Isco---------------------------Icardi-------------------Sanchez---

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
The season is done but I would love to see us try something different with the players we have.

-----------Cech
-----Mustafi--Per--Kos
--Ox-------------------Monreal
-------Xhaka-Ramsey
-------------Özil
-------Perez--Sanchez

Maybe it'd lead to a Chelsea like turnaround and we'd steal a top 4 stop.

Arsenal Quotes

Everybody knows how much I love Arsenal - I became a fan. And to be out here [in front of the Emirates as a statue] celebrating a goal against Sp*rs, there's not much else to say after that. Like I've said before: Once a Gooner, always a Gooner.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom