• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Naby keita

We really need a marque signing or two early in order to let özil and sanchez sign new contracts. Fabinho & PEA would be a statement for instance. IF Sanchez were to leave we should go for Fabinho, PEA and Mertens.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
I'd like Morata too but finishing out of top 4 has reduced our chances of buying a player like that. We'd have decent odds if he's the type of player that wants to be the main man or otherwise wasn't happy with his minutes at Madrid, but from what I understand he's happy there for now.

At work today I was thinking we should take a punt on Modeste. Third highest scoring striker in the Bundesliga, despite playing in a considerably worse team than Dortmund or Bayern. Would probably be (relatively) cheap. More clinical and mobile than Giroud. I don't think he's world class or anything but he would probably score goals for us and if we went in for him I think we'd get him.
He's 29. No point signing a short term fix when we can go for someone younger.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
- Szczesny competes with Cech

- Kostas Manolas in the middle with Mustafi and Kos either side, Chambers and Holding back ups. Bellerin and Kolasinac wing backs.

- Keita partners Xhaka and competes with Ramsey.

- Mbappe up top with Alexis and Özil

---------Cech/Szczesny

-----Mustafi - Manolas - Kos

Bellerin - Keita - Xhaka - Kolasinac

----------Özil-----Sanchez

------------Mbappe

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Youth XI:

——————Szczesny

Bellerin - D. Sanchez - Holding - Kolasinac

Ox ———Keita ——— Xhaka ——Jankto

————Mbappe —— Dolberg

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Youth XI:

——————Szczesny

Bellerin - D. Sanchez - Holding - Kolasinac

Ox ———Keita ——— Xhaka ——Jankto

————Mbappe —— Dolberg

High-energy vertical play, we'll score more than you etc. Expand the stadium to 80,000, safe standing and cheaper tickets, Ajax on steroids type thing.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
———————Szczesny
——----Mustafi - Manolas - Kos
Bellerin - R. Sanches - Xhaka - Kolasinac
—————-Özil - Sanchez
———————Mbappe

Or:

———————Szczesny
——----Mustafi - Kos - Romagnoli
Bellerin - R. Sanches - Xhaka - Kolasinac
—————-Özil - Sanchez
———————Mbappe

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Get rid of Ospina, Debuchy, Per, Jenkinson, Elneny, Coquelin, Sanogo, Gibbs, Campbell,Gabriel and Welbeck for sure.

Get in Aubameyang, Naby Keita, Juan Bernat, Onyekuru and Manolas. Pickford too if we can.

Alexis-Aubameyang
Özil
Bernat-Xhaka-Keita-Bellerin
Mustafi-Kos-Manolas
Szczesny

Rest- Cech, Nacho, Holding, Chambers, Kolasinac, Wilshere, Ramsey, Ox, Maitland-Niles, Cazorla, Walcott, Iwobi, Onyekuru and promote some youth.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Keep Sanchez and Özil
Bring back Szcesney

Sign:
Kolasinac - Free
Keita - £34m
Aubameyang/Lukaku/Morata (auba if they dont charge too much) - £50-65m
Onyekuru - £6.8m
Another promising defender/midfielder - £7m

Sell:
Walcott / Giroud - ~£16m
Perez - £16m
Elneny - £7m
Wilshere/ Ramsey - £15-25m
Debuchy and Sanogo - Free
Ospina - £8m
Gibbs -£7m

-------------------------Szcesney----------------
---------------Holding--mustafi---koscielny-----
---ox/bellerin---keita----xhaka------kolasinac--
--------Özil--------aubameyang---------sanchez---

Subs/reserves: Cech,Per,Gabriel,Bellerin/ox,ramsey,new promising CM, coq, monreal, welbeck,walcott, onyekuru

Loan out Iwobi.

Net spend : Approx £32m, even new deals for Sanchez and Özil will keep wage spending around the same considering the offloading of deadwood.
Good mix of promising and experienced.
Mustafi, Holding, Xhaka, Bellerin, Ox, Keita, Szcceseny, Kolasinac, new ST, Onyekuru, welbeck, ramsey best years ahead of them
while we have experienced top class players like Koscielny, sanchez, Özil, cech and experienced Per.

That team would have steel, experience, pace, talent and energy and would get us challenging again

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I just want a Macdev Drone 2 in red and I'll be happy LOL.

No point posting about players I want because we never get em. The drone I'll get on Wednesday.

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
Laurent
Per
Santi
Nacho
^ All of them are getting older.
Czech is on the decline too.

Also we must get rid of Theo, Coq and Gibbs. No ifs and but these three have to go period

A 442 should be our formation next season.

Brown Gooner

This Dost guy from Portugal is good. Can be a good CF and is decent in the air too.

We need to lower our expectations in the market. We don't spend like United or pay wages like Madrid does, plus we don't even offer CL now. So it's best to forget about guys like Griezmann, Dybala, Mpabbe and Verratti joining us.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Goalkeeper: Bring back Szczesny to battle it out with Cech.

Defence: I think Koscielny is getting on as of late so we need someone who can step up in his place - a few options of who I would want us to get: Manolas, Tah or Howedes.

Fullbacks: On the right side I would say we are good here with Ox and Bellerin battling it out - add in Jenkinson who can occasionally get games here too. Looks like on the left we are also good with Kolasinac coming in and battling it out with Monreal.

Midfield: This is where we need work - someone who can take the role beside Xhaka - there is a few ways we can go here and a lot of players who would do great here - Keita, Nainggolan, Saul, Tolisso or Verratti.

Attackers: Obviously the priority here is to keep Özil & Alexis, however, if we are to lose them we need to make sure we bring the right players to replace them. My personal picks would be Thiago & Isco.

Forward: We also need work in this area - Alexis is great but imaging we had someone who can help him out - we would be lethal. A few picks here: Aubameyang, Kane, Morata, Lukaku, Griezmann, Dybala or Mbappe.

This isn't realistic unless we were to get a take over lol however, this is what we need.

Brown Gooner

^ If it's a wish list not based upon reality then this would be my team for next season.

Szczesny
Hector Holding Mustafi Kolasinac
O.Dembele Verrati Isco Reus
A.Sanchez Griezmann

However those new players will probably cost us in excess of £250m and we're never spending that much money!

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
^ If it's a wish list not based upon reality then this would be my team for next season.

Szczesny
A.Sanchez Griezmann

However those new players will probably cost us in excess of £250m and we're never spending that much money!

This team would wreak havoc! So much pace lol I love it!

Brown Gooner

This team would wreak havoc! So much pace lol I love it!
Yes and with Allegri potentially in charge we'd be an excellent counterattacking side. For any of this to happen let's hope that Usmanov makes a second £2billion bid soon.

Alas all of this is just utopia :(

Shaun90

Szczesny
A.Sanchez Griezmann

That is one attacking line up.

Get a more solid partner for Verrati & I think you need a more complimentary striker for either Griezmann/Sanchez to play off.

Although Sanchez plays well with Vargas for Chile who doesn't fit that mould.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
Just two potential lineups I fancy.

Option 1:

Cech / Szczezny

Mustafi - Van Dijk - Holding

Bellerin - Keita - Xhaka - Kolasinac

Özil - Sanchez

Iheanacho

Virgil Van Dijk would add grit and height to the defensive and could take over for Koscielny who I hope will be relieved of a lot of the games next season to keep his achilles at ease.

Kolasinac looks great. Like Van Dijk he'd add some grit and power and we'd do well to acquire him on a free. Rotation with Monreal and sell Gibbo.
Naby Keita seems a really interesting player. Won't use grit to describe him, but rather high explosive creativity. Would complement Xhaka giving runs from deep to allow Xhaka an outlet. Ramsey has looked decent as of late, but I'd look to sell him tbh. I don't like how he usually gets injured when he finally hits a streak of good form.
Kelechi Iheanacho looks like a very interesting option up front. I'm not certain City/Guardiola would sell to us, but think he would be worth giving the CF spot to. Young, quick, quite tall, dangerous. If not him then Dolberg (I know he said he wants to stay), Belotti (seems promising and opportunistic), Lukaku (to blow up the bank and get one with physical power and PL experience), or something ridiculous like Mbappé would of course also be worth the shot.

Option 2:

Cech / Szczezny

Bellerin - Mustafi - Van Dijk - Kolasinac

Idrissa Guye - Xhaka

Zaha - Özil - Sanchez

Iheanacho

Van Dijk, Kolasinac and Iheanacho are reruns with same extra options for CF.
Idrissa 'Gana' Guye has looked really good this season. In a 4-2-3-1 we would perhaps require a more defensive but still dynamic partner to Xhaka and here I think Gana is a better choice than Naby Keita. He runs constantly and I believe he could be our Kante.
Zaha has also impressed me this season. He could be what Walcott and Chamberlain never really were fully. An agressive, dribbler with pace and end product. He's had his best moments from the right flank and I think this is a position we could really use someone new for if we were to revert back to a 4-man backline.

This is of course based on the hopes we can keep Sanchez and Özil - preferably extend them. Otherwise we would of course have to replace them with players who could either offer the same style - a playmaker and a scoring inside forward - or alter the way we play - eg. an out and out winger and a second striker.

The bench would then consist of players like:
Either Cech or Szczez, Koscielny (who could be kept fresh for big games where we could swap him with Holding i.e.), Monreal, Cazorla, Maitland-Niles, Ramsey (if not sold), Wilshere (bring back and keep to backup for Özil to see if he has it in him/ last chance to prove himself :( ), Chamberlain, Iwobi, Oneykuru (would like the low-risk bet of buying him), Giroud or Welbz or Perez for backup striker.
Elneny and Coq would be okay to have on the bench - preferably not in the starter.
Gabriel could stay and loan Chambers out again. Not sure what to do with Mertesacker - would anyone really buy him now same with Debuchy.

Try seriously to sell: Walcott, Gibbs, Jenkinson, Ospina, two of Giroud, Welbz, Perez.

Edit: Add to this monstrosity of a post, that we have a lot of interesting young players as well who could be used for cups and EL to see how they're developing.

Last edited:

BobP

Memri Fan
I'll try and be somewhat realistic.

My ideal squad would be this:

GK
Szczesny
Cech
Martinez

CB
Koscielny
Mustafi
Gabriel
Holding
Chambers

RB
Bellerin
New Signing

LB
Kolasinac
Monreal

Centrally Based Midfielders

Ramsey
Özil
Cazorla
Xhaka
Wilshere
Elneny
New Signing
AMN

Wingers
Sanchez
Ox
Iwobi
New Signing
Nelson
Willock

STs
Giroud
Welbeck
New Signing

Out:

Debuchy, Gibbs, Mertesacker, Perez, Ospina, Walcott, Sanogo, Jenkinson, Coquelin, Campbell, Akpom.

If we don't sign a backup for Bellerin, one of our CBs can always play at RB.

We desperately need a signing in central midfield, someone who can partner up with Xhaka. Most of the names have already been listed.

Cazorla and Wilshere have question marks over their fitness but their technical qualities are undeniable.

I hope AMN can make big strides.

Elneny stays on by the skin of his teeth, but in an ideal world he'd be gone to. He offers more than Coquelin so I opt to keep him there.

We need something in the wide positions. I hope Nelson can make his breakthrough. Also hope Willock stays on.

And of course, a wish list wouldn't be complete without screaming for a striker for the umpteenth time.

Overall, we don't need seismic changes, just need to get rid of deadwood players and make a few intelligent signings here and there.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.
When you read some books they are fantastic, the writer touches something in you that you know you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life.
If you are living like an animal, what is the point of living? What makes daily life interesting is that we try to transform it to something that is close to art. And football is like that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom