• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Without CL we won't be able to attract top names here.

I would go for:

Van Dijk
Zieliński
Schick (€25M buyout clause apparently)
Dembele

SkyArsenal

Without the allure of Cl football, I fear Arsenal may need to go for relativly low-budget players....
Still, something like this could work for us if Alexis really leaves :

Szczesny
Holding-Koscielny-Monreal
Chamberlain-Tolisso-Xhaka-Kolasinac
Özil-T.Hazard
Iheanacho

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
Without the allure of Cl football, I fear Arsenal may need to go for relativly low-budget players....
Still, something like this could work for us if Alexis really leaves :

Szczesny
Holding-Koscielny-Monreal
Chamberlain-Tolisso-Xhaka-Kolasinac
Özil-T.Hazard
Iheanacho

Iheanacho's moving to West Ham.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Not sure if this fits in the Wishlist, but I wonder what you guys on here would think about us signing Balotelli.

He clearly has a lot of issues, but this season has far and away been his most mature season. He led Nice to the Champions League. Largely stayed out of trouble. (I think he got two red cards this season, but they were cards mostly due to his reputation.) He also started to work more for the team and track back defensively. Coaches always complained about his work ethic on the pitch, and he looks to have addressed that this season.

This season he averaged a goal every 116 minutes and 69 percent of his shots were on target. Those are really good numbers.

Considering that we aren't in the Champs League it may be hard for us to attract top talent at CF. Balotelli would be a big gamble, but he definitely has the talent to excel at the top.

Rouski

Not sure if this fits in the Wishlist, but I wonder what you guys on here would think about us signing Balotelli.

He clearly has a lot of issues, but this season has far and away been his most mature season. He led Nice to the Champions League. Largely stayed out of trouble. (I think he got two red cards this season, but they were cards mostly due to his reputation.) He also started to work more for the team and track back defensively. Coaches always complained about his work ethic on the pitch, and he looks to have addressed that this season.

This season he averaged a goal every 116 minutes and 69 percent of his shots were on target. Those are really good numbers.

Considering that we aren't in the Champs League it may be hard for us to attract top talent at CF. Balotelli would be a big gamble, but he definitely has the talent to excel at the top.

Interesting option. A late move for Kelechi Iheanacho would be better, maybe Iwobi will have a word with him. They could have a great striking partnership for club and country.

carlito'sway

Established Member
@carlito'sway

You follow the French league right? Jean Seri's vision and passing looks very good. How is his defensive work? How much would this player cost and do you think he would be interested in joining Arsenal?

Very good player and can continue to progress. He is similar with Kante but I think he is better with the ball. Would be a great signing. Will be in Xhaka's fee range though.
Sure he would love to join Arsenal. Most players in L1 admire Arsenal and Wenger.
Barca is chasing him though as well as PSG.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
My Wish is that someone on this forum kills Kroenke while he's still in London.

I would but I'm still at uni

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Interesting option. A late move for Kelechi Iheanacho would be better, maybe Iwobi will have a word with him. They could have a great striking partnership for club and country.
Iwobi - Iheanacho - Onyekuru

2022 World cup winning attack.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
After watching today's win, my wish list is to keep Alexis and Özil, get a CM to compete with Ramsey as box to box (Toliso) and PEA! It is like Welbeck but with goals and technich. A new Goalkeeper and we are pretty good!

Amsterdam Gooner 88

Very good player and can continue to progress. He is similar with Kante but I think he is better with the ball. Would be a great signing. Will be in Xhaka's fee range though.
Sure he would love to join Arsenal. Most players in L1 admire Arsenal and Wenger.
Barca is chasing him though as well as PSG.

And what about Lacazette? Since a season or two i am convinced he would be the type of striker that would fit very well at Arsenal. Getting a new striker should be top on our to-do list.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
After watching today's win, my wish list is to keep Alexis and Özil, get a CM to compete with Ramsey as box to box (Toliso) and PEA! It is like Welbeck but with goals and technich. A new Goalkeeper and we are pretty good!
I agree with all of that, but in my opinion Welbeck is one of the most underrated players around. The man gives so much to the team, when he plays our team looks functional and runs like a well oiled machine. I dont think many players are capable of doing that so even though aubameyang is a much much better goalscorer, he isnt an upgraded welbeck, a different type of player imo.

the goalkeeper has to be szczeseny. Imagine, GK and LB sorted for free, no excuses for the board to not sign a top CM and striker as well as keep our best players.

And for once in my life, i will actually agree with wenger if he comes out and says Mertesacker 'is like a new signing'. with this system we now play he actually is!

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
I agree with all of that, but in my opinion Welbeck is one of the most underrated players around. The man gives so much to the team, when he plays our team looks functional and runs like a well oiled machine. I dont think many players are capable of doing that so even though aubameyang is a much much better goalscorer, he isnt an upgraded welbeck, a different type of player imo.

the goalkeeper has to be szczeseny. Imagine, GK and LB sorted for free, no excuses for the board to not sign a top CM and striker as well as keep our best players.

And for once in my life, i will actually agree with wenger if he comes out and says Mertesacker 'is like a new signing'. with this system we now play he actually is!

Welbeck physically is a beast! If he had goals would be perfect. I think those mobile, strong and quick strikers suit us. Lacazatte is a good option as well, but he is going to Atlético. Lukaku idk he looks bad sometimes and lacks the effort Welbeck puts in. The Torino guy would be and improvement over Giroud, but Idk about his mobility. Every time we played Welbeck and Alexis and Özil moving free with those runs from behind by Ramsey, we look so good! The 3 back allows us to play any CB, even slow CB like Per can shine because he is so good reading the game and cutting plays. And we have plenty of CBs. Xhaka is doing what Arteta did along side Ramsey, playing long, sitting and distributing the game and making tackles.

And I repeat, if we keep those 2 WC players we have, we need Striker ASAP, and one box to box!

Does anybody really disagree and think that we are now that far behind?
Yes we do need an overhaul but that is more a clear out of dead wood and a few great players on the bench or too challenge, however most importantly we have to keep Sanchez and Özil, whom by the way has been amazing The last two months or we are in dire straights. The new system we have works but we need help in a few areas few areas, 2 of which are sorted by Kolasniac and brining back Szczsney.

We are W10 D1 L2 since our change in formation

SELL
Ospina
Debuchy
Gibbs
Jenkinson
Walcott
Elneny
Coquelin
Lucas Perez
Sanogo

LOAN
Iwobi
Jack W

BUY
PEA / Lacazette / Morata
Toliso
Great DM
Great AM

Sczszney / Cech / Martinez
Bellerin / Oxlade
Koscielny / Mustafi / Gabriel / Holding / New CB
Kolsaniac / Monreal
Xhaka / Ramsey / New DM / Cazorla
Sanchez / Özil / Tolisso / New AM
New CF / Welbeck / Giroud

Last edited:

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
Need to spend big this summer. Please Stan give Arsène a free hand this summer!

Also let's remember that Arsenal before Mesut had gone 9 years without a trophy. Ever since we've started signing quality players like him and Sanchez the trophies have started to come!

ChefMan21

I'm keen to see three or four of:

One of Romagnoli, Manolas, Rugani, or Howedes in as Kos' long-term replacement (but also as a first team player straight away)

One of PEA, Icardi, Cavani, Aguero, Morata, or Belotti as our striker.

De Rossi (for his leadership and experience in big games) plus one or two of Tollisso, Seri, or Keita in the middle.

Forsberg, Lemar, Mahrez, or Reus out wide.

Centreback and striker are where I think we should focus most of our efforts, simply for the fact Kos and Mert are ageing in the case of the former, and we are weak in the case of the latter. If we can get a CM and wide player as well that would be ideal, but depends on our budget constraints.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Welbeck physically is a beast! If he had goals would be perfect. I think those mobile, strong and quick strikers suit us. Lacazatte is a good option as well, but he is going to Atlético. Lukaku idk he looks bad sometimes and lacks the effort Welbeck puts in. The Torino guy would be and improvement over Giroud, but Idk about his mobility. Every time we played Welbeck and Alexis and Özil moving free with those runs from behind by Ramsey, we look so good! The 3 back allows us to play any CB, even slow CB like Per can shine because he is so good reading the game and cutting plays. And we have plenty of CBs. Xhaka is doing what Arteta did along side Ramsey, playing long, sitting and distributing the game and making tackles.

And I repeat, if we keep those 2 WC players we have, we need Striker ASAP, and one box to box!
yh i agree we need a very movement orientated striker to confuse defenders and open up space for Özil/sanchez or get onto their sensational through balls.

aubamayenag would be perfect for that

Arsenal Quotes

I don’t look at the passport of people; I look at their quality and their attitude.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom