• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I get the impression we'll go after an attacker in the 40-60m range this summer. Whether that's a priority or not is up for debate but recent links suggest it will be the case. The 3 most likely candidates are Lemar, Malcom & Fekir.

I like Lemar a lot and can see why Wenger would go for him. He'd slot in at LW but over time could develop into other positions. The benefits of Lemar are his delivery and passing ability, his natural technique and also his selflessness. Playing alongside Özil & Mkhi he could contribute to a very fluid attack with each of them able to interchange and assist the striker. He's the most 'Wengerball' of the candidates. The problem might be that he's too selfless and we'd revert back to the days when everyone wanted the assist but no one wanted to take a shot. He's not an out and out match-winner just yet and may never be.

Both Malcom & Fekir however provide what a lot of us want, which is the ability to beat a man and create something out of nothing; they're match-winners.

A lot of people don't see the point of Fekir because he's played mostly at CAM or second striker and we already have Özil there. But the point is that he's an exceptional dribbler which is the quality we need. He could be put on the wing and come inside during the game or take Özil's place in the future. Of the 3 candidates he's categorically the best player right now, is still attainable at about 60m and would provide instant quality.

Malcom makes the most sense if you want a pure winger to provide that dribbling ability, he'd slot straight in at RW very simply. He's very ambitious, has a lot of potential and also re-sale value down the line. He's currently by far the best player in a very mediocre side. That's positive because it means he's willing to take responsibility and be an unofficial leader; the guy who you give the ball to when you need a moment of magic. But it also means he'd have to adjust himself to our system, he wouldn't be a senior player and so would have to learn to become less selfish.

It's the Alexis conundrum; having that brilliant individual helps because he'll take responsibility and make something out of nothing, but we also found that he can sometimes be detrimental to the fluidity of the team. Overall it's more of a benefit than a detriment to have that kind of player, so I wouldn't be too worried. Also that kind of player draws focus and defenders towards them, meaning space can be opened up for others.

There's also Bailey who'd be fantastic, but I just get the sense he'll be unreasonably expensive and go elsewhere. Lastly of course there's Mahrez. He would provide instant quality and dribbling ability at RW, but there are questions over his price tag, his behaviour and also he wouldn't really hold any re-sale value. With Aubameyang, Özil & Mkhi already you could argue we need someone who'll hold their value.

So there perhaps isn't one single outstanding candidate and it comes down to personal preference and what you prioritise in terms of stand-out qualities and positional suitability. Seeing as we badly need to invest at GK, CB & DM I'd maybe favour Malcom, just because I think at around 40m he'd be a great investment while enabling us to also focus on other areas.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I get the impression we'll go after an attacker in the 40-60m range this summer. Whether that's a priority or not is up for debate but recent links suggest it will be the case. The 3 most likely candidates are Lemar, Malcom & Fekir.

I like Lemar a lot and can see why Wenger would go for him. He'd slot in at LW but over time could develop into other positions. The benefits of Lemar are his delivery and passing ability, his natural technique and also his selflessness. Playing alongside Özil & Mkhi he could contribute to a very fluid attack with each of them able to interchange and assist the striker. He's the most 'Wengerball' of the candidates. The problem might be that he's too selfless and we'd revert back to the days when everyone wanted the assist but no one wanted to take a shot. He's not an out and out match-winner just yet and may never be.

Both Malcom & Fekir however provide what a lot of us want, which is the ability to beat a man and create something out of nothing; they're match-winners.

A lot of people don't see the point of Fekir because he's played mostly at CAM or second striker and we already have Özil there. But the point is that he's an exceptional dribbler which is the quality we need. He could be put on the wing and come inside during the game or take Özil's place in the future. Of the 3 candidates he's categorically the best player right now, is still attainable at about 60m and would provide instant quality.

Malcom makes the most sense if you want a pure winger to provide that dribbling ability, he'd slot straight in at RW very simply. He's very ambitious, has a lot of potential and also re-sale value down the line. He's currently by far the best player in a very mediocre side. That's positive because it means he's willing to take responsibility and be an unofficial leader; the guy who you give the ball to when you need a moment of magic. But it also means he'd have to adjust himself to our system, he wouldn't be a senior player and so would have to learn to become less selfish.

It's the Alexis conundrum; having that brilliant individual helps because he'll take responsibility and make something out of nothing, but we also found that he can sometimes be detrimental to the fluidity of the team. Overall it's more of a benefit than a detriment to have that kind of player, so I wouldn't be too worried. Also that kind of player draws focus and defenders towards them, meaning space can be opened up for others.

There's also Bailey who'd be fantastic, but I just get the sense he'll be unreasonably expensive and go elsewhere. Lastly of course there's Mahrez. He would provide instant quality and dribbling ability at RW, but there are questions over his price tag, his behaviour and also he wouldn't really hold any re-sale value. With Aubameyang, Özil & Mkhi already you could argue we need someone who'll hold their value.

So there perhaps isn't one single outstanding candidate and it comes down to personal preference and what you prioritise in terms of stand-out qualities and positional suitability. Seeing as we badly need to invest at GK, CB & DM I'd maybe favour Malcom, just because I think at around 40m he'd be a great investment while enabling us to also focus on other areas.

I agree with your analysis. They all have their qualities but we have to think about the possible relationships. Lemar would be excellent on the left a he would suit Kolasinac or Monreal and add balance.

Malcom would be good on the right as he would provide and outlet for Bellerin.

The difference with Fekir is that he would be good across all 3. His game intelligence is a level above and although Malcom has the potential to be very good, I don't believe he has world class dribbling or will attain it. I also don't believe his physique will significantly improve. Someone like Bailey can physically develop further much like Sane has, but Malcom won't get that much stronger or quicker. Lemar can develop more physically, and would be a very good option, but Fekir has that astounding potential to be world class. Imagine him, Özil and.MhikI rotating positions.

I.can't even imagine Lemar and Malcom scoring from the halfway line with their right foot.

Stannis

Not for this summer but I hope we keep an eye out for Breel Embolo.

Reckon he will be one of the best strikers in the world in a few years time.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I agree with your analysis. They all have their qualities but we have to think about the possible relationships. Lemar would be excellent on the left a he would suit Kolasinac or Monreal and add balance.

Malcom would be good on the right as he would provide and outlet for Bellerin.

The difference with Fekir is that he would be good across all 3. His game intelligence is a level above and although Malcom has the potential to be very good, I don't believe he has world class dribbling or will attain it. I also don't believe his physique will significantly improve. Someone like Bailey can physically develop further much like Sane has, but Malcom won't get that much stronger or quicker. Lemar can develop more physically, and would be a very good option, but Fekir has that astounding potential to be world class. Imagine him, Özil and.MhikI rotating positions.

I.can't even imagine Lemar and Malcom scoring from the halfway line with their right foot.

I agree that Fekir is the better player and the better dribbler, he completes 3.4 dribbles compared to Malcom's 2.7. But Malcom is still a very good dribbler and at 20 will surely improve. I also don't agree with the physique argument, he looks a bit porky maybe but he still hasn't developed fully. Both he and Fekir are in the 'stocky dribbler' category, one is just better than the other right now.

Crocrodile

So we should target the French youth NT and we'll be sorted :lol:

There's an abundance of targets at multiple positions of need for us.

GK: Oblak, Rico, Lafont, Alisson, Svilar...
CB: Koulibaly, Manolas, Lascelles, DeVrij, Lenglet, Pavard, Diallo...
DM: Ndidi, Fabinho, Zakaria
CM: Doucoure, Torreira, Meyer, Demirbay...
W: Bailey, Lemar, Pavon, Malcom, Mahrez

My challenge for you guys would be to fill up with players either on the list or that you think would fit within 100M NET SPENT

Example:

GK: Lafont 22M
CB: Pavard 15M, Koulibaly 58M
DM: Ndidi 35M
CM: Torreira 25M, Doucoure 25M
LW: Bailey 70M

BUY: 235M

Cech 10M
Chambers: 18
Koscielny 25M
Elnenny 7M
Welbeck 15M
Xhaka: 25M
Ramsey: 35M

SELL: 135M

NET: 100M

Anyone?:bounce:

Would love to see your wishlist solutions.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Don't understand why everyone is wanting to sell Ramsey. Bizarre.
I don't want to, but I personally think it'll be difficult to keep both him and Wilshere content in regards to playing time. Considering we also need to raise money for big movements in the summer, selling him is a logical thing to consider.

I rate Ramsey highly though; if we could keep both him and Wilshere somehow, I'd be happy.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I agree that Fekir is the better player and the better dribbler, he completes 3.4 dribbles compared to Malcom's 2.7. But Malcom is still a very good dribbler and at 20 will surely improve. I also don't agree with the physique argument, he looks a bit porky maybe but he still hasn't developed fully. Both he and Fekir are in the 'stocky dribbler' category, one is just better than the other right now.

I don't think dribbling is a skill you can significantly develop in your 20's. It has to already be established. It's not about the amount of dribbles they do, its the way they do them and where. Malcom plays on the right, so his dribble is pretty much always the same. He cuts inside onto his left and drives forward or shimmies and goes on the outside. He beats the first man pretty much all the time, but he can they be caught up or tackled by the next player. He tends to always beat that first player when he goes on a run until he is crowded out.

Fekir is on absolutely another level. He is basically like Hazard. You can see him beat 4 players, with a nutmeg followed by dragbacks and then pace to get away and strength to hold them off on the left, right or through the centre. Malcom won't achieve that level. If you are a dribbler at 24 you are probably even more of a dribbler at 20. The only difference is you know when to dribble a lot better as you get older. Fekir has that and the ability to beat several players on the regular.

Mhiki-----------Özil---------Fekir

That attacking trio would be devastating with either Auba or Lacazette up top. They would constantly be rotating positions and be an absolute nightmare for the defence and midfield.

Newchange

Some fantastic solutions on this wish list but one thing I have noticed is the lack of physcial presence with most suggestions.

My dream would be;

----------Oblak-----------

Bellerin---Mustafi---Tah---Kolasinac

------------Fabiniho---Rabiot--------

Miki-----------Özil----------Fekir

---------------Auba------------------

I feel a team with a spine similar to this is what champions are made of and what has been lacking at our club since the invincible. Could we afford it? YES will we do it?

Newchange

I don't think dribbling is a skill you can significantly develop in your 20's. It has to already be established. It's not about the amount of dribbles they do, its the way they do them and where. Malcom plays on the right, so his dribble is pretty much always the same. He cuts inside onto his left and drives forward or shimmies and goes on the outside. He beats the first man pretty much all the time, but he can they be caught up or tackled by the next player. He tends to always beat that first player when he goes on a run until he is crowded out.

Fekir is on absolutely another level. He is basically like Hazard. You can see him beat 4 players, with a nutmeg followed by dragbacks and then pace to get away and strength to hold them off on the left, right or through the centre. Malcom won't achieve that level. If you are a dribbler at 24 you are probably even more of a dribbler at 20. The only difference is you know when to dribble a lot better as you get older. Fekir has that and the ability to beat several players on the regular.

Mhiki-----------Özil---------Fekir

That attacking trio would be devastating with either Auba or Lacazette up top. They would constantly be rotating positions and be an absolute nightmare for the defence and midfield.
Fekir is class more hes nowhere near Hazards level

Newchange

My dream summer would be...

Aubameyang
Bailey --------------------- Mkhi
Wilshere --- Özil
Fabinho
Monreal - Koscielny - Manolas - Bellerin
Lafont
Cech, Mustafi, Kolasinac, AMN, Meyer, Iwobi, Nketiah

2 huge signings in Bailey and Fabinho with 3 bargain buys in Manolas, Meyer, and Lafont. I reckon this batch of players would cost us about £150mil, which I would partially finance by selling Xhaka, Chambers, Perez, Welbeck, Ospina, Martinez, Ramsey and Lacazette. I rate the latter two but I think their sales would be required to be able to afford the incoming players. Meyer on a free would fill in for Ramsey and compete with Wilshere, while Lacazette's absence would be more of a gamble as I'd let the academy strikers take his backup role. These signings would inject us with some quality youth to complement an aging squad, I'm hopeful we're at least looking at these players as options.
Whats the hype around bailey?

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Ive seen them nothing amazing to me rather Zaha for less money
Bailey is a phenomenal talent at his age. He's a sure thing for the future. His body morphology is extraordinary, as he's got strength, speed, and pace to go with a lower center of gravity. He can beat a player in the open and close spaces. He's got flair and is offensively creative. Not to mention he hustles, recovers defensively, and can defend and tackle unlike most wingers. His left foot is turning into a magic wand and will soon be mentioned in the same discussions as other world class footballers - there's a reason the Bayern PR machine are constantly comparing him to Robben.

Last edited:

My dream summer would be something like.

Oblak
Bellerin - Koulibaly - Lascelles - Sessegnon
Wilshere - Fabinho - Ramsey
Özil - Aubameyang- Mkhitaryan

Cech - Monreal - Koscielny - Doucoure - Iwobi - Nelson - Maitland-Niles

EDIT: Seems like I forgot about backup striker. Lacazette can be on the bench for either Iwobi or Nelson of course.

Last edited:

Crocrodile

Don't understand why everyone is wanting to sell Ramsey. Bizarre.

Very bizarre. Why are we bringing in all those youths and developing them if we are not gonna enjoy their prime years?

Except Ramsey is not a youth player.
Same goes for Wilshere, but he fills the creative role is technically a level above.
Both are running out of time to become WC players.
At what point do we cut bait?

NOTE: In my wishlist post I sold Xhaka, Elnenny and Ramsey to get in 3 new players, Ndidi, Torreira and Doucoure to get to 100 NET.

Some on here are clinging onto dreams that are for a long time been impossible, similar to Wenger defenders.

I love Aaron Ramsey, but he 's become an undisciplined commando player who 's useful against the lower-part of the table and with our medical staff you can bet on him having 2-3 muscle injuries. He's technicallly average at best and isn't really clinical. His horse-lungs, which were his biggest quality, are negated because of fear of a muscle rupture.

I think selling him and getting him a proper med staff would get Arsenal decent money and give him a chance to become the player he was destined to be, a win-win situation.

Except Ramsey is not a youth player.

I wasn't saying he is youth player.

We brought him in as a youth player at age 16 or 17. Now he is 27 entering his prime years, what is post to be his best years and we want to sell. We constantly sell players we brought through thick and thin and never get rewarded with their best years.

Last edited:

Arsenal Quotes

Of the nine red cards this season we probably deserved half of them

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom