• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

benjamin86

Established Member
Not "wish list" material but i wonder if Marcos Llorente is worth a shout, he barely plays at Real but was very good at Deportivo a few years ago, i'd imagine he would be available for 10-20m?

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I mean just look at this last page there's not one top player mentioned. However I am not against many of the signings mentioned, I don't mind looking at going the youth route and hoping these signings turn into world class talent.

Players you have mentioned however would be great, De Light and Ndombele but other than that not many of these players take us up a level.

Pretty sure the idea of this thread isn’t just to say which players you’d like, but who’s realistic that you’d like. There’s no way we could afford to buy de Ligt or Ndombele or convince them to come here in our current state. They’re wanted by City and Barca, why would they come here?

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Pretty sure the idea of this thread isn’t just to say which players you’d like, but who’s realistic that you’d like. There’s no way we could afford to buy de Ligt or Ndombele or convince them to come here in our current state. They’re wanted by City and Barca, why would they come here?

I didn't mean that at all, I know both players wouldn't come here. I'm saying people are asking for average players/players with potential rather than very good players because of what's happened to Arsenal over the last few years. It's showing how we can't attract the top talent atm.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Hermoso and Atal are two of the most interesting defensive talents in Europe imo, both outrageously good on the ball for their positions and would suit the way we play out from the back. Hermoso is also rapid and decent in the air for his size, good with both feet & I think he has a low release clause. Real were sniffing around but their interest seems to have cooled since Lopetegui got sacked.

For those that haven't seen much of Hermoso. Of course it's always better to watch him in matches but this video shows he has a bit about him.

I like the look of this guy in the video. Good distribution and reading of the game, left-footed is also good for us. Bit lightweight/small still and I read his release clause is €40m, which is quite steep. Good age though and he would help us in our playstyle.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Lucas Hernandez
Chilwell
Doucoure
Grealish
Lozano
Lookman

Some unrealistic but they would push us to the next level.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐

I want this guy so much it’s unhealthy. Get Thierry and Sol dream team as managers. Overmars upstairs with Arséne helping out.

Keep Özil, sign James and Fekir and go full early 2010s banter mode again.
I'm in.
Watching some of the football we've played through the years was mesmerizing.

Not sure my blood pressure could handle second round though...

I want this guy so much it’s unhealthy. Get Thierry and Sol dream team as managers. Overmars upstairs with Arséne helping out.

Keep Özil, sign James and Fekir and go full early 2010s banter mode again.

2r3zvz.gif

When he finds out Mustafi and Xhaka make mistake every game and Lacazette is not the goalscorer that was promised.

Hinderz

At this point. If Inter want Özil (as rumoured but doubtful), I want us to throw in a huge amount of cash (due in the Summer) and get Škriniar now, along with James and Suarez on loans.

1733850_Arsenal.jpg

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I want us to sign first team players, but also trim fringe players from the squad while promoting youth.
Out:
Welbeck (free) replaced by Nelson/Saka
Elneny (£7m) give AMN an actual position as 4th choice CM instead of a utlity man
Chambers (£10m) replaced by Mavropanos

Thats £17m and probably 170k a week in waged saved by just trimming average players and replacing them with promising youth products...

This plus selling a few first team players:
Özil/Mkhy - £ 25-30m
Mustafi - £15m

Gives us 60m alone in player sales. That can go towards bringing in a winger and a starting CB. In terms of LB and a backup RB we dip nto a net spend for. This is all quite realistic and imo we need to do this all to trim the wage bill and improve our side's balance

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
I want us to sign first team players, but also trim fringe players from the squad while promoting youth.
Out:
Welbeck (free) replaced by Nelson/Saka
Elneny (£7m) give AMN an actual position as 4th choice CM instead of a utlity man
Chambers (£10m) replaced by Mavropanos

Thats £17m and probably 170k a week in waged saved by just trimming average players and replacing them with promising youth products...

This plus selling a few first team players:
Özil/Mkhy - £ 25-30m
Mustafi - £15m

Gives us 60m alone in player sales. That can go towards bringing in a winger and a starting CB. In terms of LB and a backup RB we dip nto a net spend for. This is all quite realistic and imo we need to do this all to trim the wage bill and improve our side's balance
You really need to add jenkinson to the out list.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Matt O’Riley looks like the next English wonderkid to be heading to the Bundesliga but Celtic are interested as well.

Also Jack Clarke is currently smashing it at Leeds, might be hard to get him in if they go up but he looks a talent.

HBL

Established Member
Matt O’Riley looks like the next English wonderkid to be heading to the Bundesliga but Celtic are interested as well.

Also Jack Clarke is currently smashing it at Leeds, might be hard to get him in if they go up but he looks a talent.
We actually have three very talented wingers on our books at the minute in Nelson, Amaechi & Saka.

I think we should sign a winger that is already performing in a top league, no need to sign someone like Clarke unless we're convinced he can make the step up immediately.

BeckDK

This is a my dream :

1. year
Buy Mathjis De Ligt from Ajax this transfer window, pay whatever they want. He is going to be our main CD for many years. We are going to build the defend up arround him. The next 1-2 seasons he is going to be partner with Sokratis with Bellerin on the RB and Kolasinac on the LB. Leno is going to be our main GK for the next 2-3 seasons, so we need to look and some big youth talents right now.

We also need a good young winger, this could be a player like Pulisic ( just to late ), or Leon Bailey, Lozano.

2. year
We need focus on a young replacement for Sokratis, this could maybe be a player like Upamecano from Leipzig if he still progess. Could also be Eder Militao from Porto who can play a RB to. We need a new CM partner to Torreia, this would be very good if we got Milinkovic-Savic from Lazio. I think they would match very good.

A young ST who can make some goals, who can put some pressure on Auba.

3. year

We need to dream big, lets try to get Mbappe, Martial, Oblak.

Oblak
Bellerin - De Ligt - Upamecano - Kolasniac
Savic - Torreia
Bailey OMC - Martial
Auba

And with this team, we need to have a young promising LB knocking on the first team, we need a striker that is going to knock Auba off the team. I even think a old Özil will work on this team on the OMC.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I've watched Wolves a lot this year as my family are from there, my 2nd club I suppose.

I would love Raul Jimenez here, great technique, works so hard, a decent if not prolific finisher and just as happy as a lone striker or a wide forward. Unfortunately I think Wolves have first refusal at £30m in the summer but maybe worth a look if they don't take it up.

Arsenal Quotes

When you start supporting a football club, you don’t support it because of the trophies, or a player, or history, you support it because you found yourself somewhere there; found a place where you belong.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom