• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Divided_Pie

Partey positioning is poor. He always try to not be in his assigned position. That’s dangerous for a central midfielder.
Positional discipline is something that can be coached and developed. Xhaka's weaknesses cannot. Aside from that Partey's attributes as a destroyer can help compensate for errors in positioning. He and Torreira together would be great at breaking up counter attacks and covering for the fullbacks.

At any rate, it doesn't have to be Partey, but finding a replacement for Xhaka is key. If you feel that Xhaka should remain a fixture then we will have to agree to disagree.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Positional discipline is something that can be coached and developed. Xhaka's weaknesses cannot. Aside from that Partey's attributes as a destroyer can help compensate for errors in positioning. He and Torreira together would be great at breaking up counter attacks and covering for the fullbacks.

At any rate, it doesn't have to be Partey, but finding a replacement for Xhaka is key. If you feel that Xhaka should remain a fixture then we will have to agree to disagree.

I was never against to replace Xhaka. But if you want to replace him, you need to get a good passer.

A lot of people suggest that pure athleticism is enough. They want to get the AMN type of player playing in the midfield.
But most of that type of player **** passers and will never be good.

I have made suggestions on who he could be replaced with (cuisance, tonali, weigl), so I don’t understand why you would still question me on whether I want him to be replaced.

Last edited:

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
The second best playmaker in the league ladtbseason and the most talented & techmocally gifted Welsh player of my life time in Fraser & Brooks.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Aubameyang

Zaha ---------- Özil ---------- Nelson

Xhaka ------- Torreira

Tierney - Sokratis - Holding - Bellerin

Leno​

Auba is not a sole striker kinda guy

He just isnt.

With him playing there we are locked into playing just one way, no Tactical diversity

Aubameyang.....Lacazette.....Zaha
..........................Fekir.....................
..........Xhaka................Torreira......
Tierney..........................,....Bellerin.
..............Izzo..............Sokratis .........
......................Leno.........................,

Martinelli......Bowen.......Neilsom
.............Iwobi / Smith-Rowe........
..........Guendouzi....Chambers......,..
Kolasinac.................Maitland-Niles
......,...Holding.........Koscielny.........
.....................Martinez.....................

Buy
Zaha...Fekir...Saliba...Tierney...Bowen..Izzo

Sell
Özil..Mykhitarian...Elneny...Monreal
Ospina...Mustafi...Jenkinson...Asano

Loan
Mavraponas...anyone else

Saliba replaces Koscielny
Manchester City get kicked out of a champions League
Chelsea can’t sign players
We are in Champions league

Last edited:

StefanB

In: Saliba, Tierney, Ceballos, Zaha (would like a backup RB aswell so Niles can play midfield)

Out: Mustafi, Jenkinson, Monreal, Xhaka, Elneny

1st team

Aubameyang
Zaha - Lacazette - Mkhitaryan
Caballos - Torreira
Tierney - Holding - Sokratis - Bellerin
Leno

2nd team
Nketiah
Iwobi - Özil - Nelson
Guendouzi/Bielik - Willock/Nwakali
Kolasinac - Koscielny - Chambers - Niles
Martinez

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
In: Umtiti (paid loan fee with option), Salibah, Tierney, Ceballos (loan), Zaha, Fekir - 140-150m

Out: Ospina, Kolasinac, Mustafi, Chambers, Bieleik, El Nenny, Mkhi - 85m

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
a92149a8d8c11bf0245b03b67786ee60.png

Along with Saliba but him going back on loan. Yeah its wish list but I feel like this is actually doable.

We're on £55M with the sale of Ospina and Bennacer money.

Martinelli - £5M
Tierney - £25M (10M up front)
Saliba - £30M (15M up front)
Zaha - £60M (£25M up front, maybe Chambers/Jenko included)

Iceman10

Established Member
@HairSprayGooners

Upgrading our defence this transfer window is generally seen as high priority, so would you be ok with Tierney being the only addition, with Saliba loaned back to Saint Etienne? This is the slight headache when putting in Holding and Bellerin into such graphics when they likely won't return until Sep at the earliest, and would have to be worked back in slowly, with no guarantees. I would think we would need another CB (Saliba wouldn't be enough), so IMO you would have to figure out how you would solve that issue.

Hinderz

At this point, if we secured Tierney and Saliba, and could loan Umtitti, Cabellos, and Malcolm with options to buy Id be over the moon

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
GK: Leno
RB: wouldnt mess with his mum
CB: Holdini
CB: Sokratis
LB: Bosnian Roberto Carlos
LM: Haggis Ribery
CM: Swiss Pirlo
CM: Uruguayan Dennis Wise
RM: Brazilian Podolski
CF: PEA
CF: Lacazette

Top 4 without a doubt and maybe a trophy

Arsenal Quotes

Everybody knows how much I love Arsenal - I became a fan. And to be out here [in front of the Emirates as a statue] celebrating a goal against Sp*rs, there's not much else to say after that. Like I've said before: Once a Gooner, always a Gooner.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom