The Wish List

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by The Mini, May 3, 2004.

1. bingobob

bingobob Fan of Technicians Who Show Great Character

Literally came here to post that we should be all over John McGinn. At 24 he is the perfect age profile he is athletic good eye for a pass and a shot. He is a ball carrier capable of breaking the lines.

Xhaka out McGinn in. Long term midfield of Willock Guendouzi McGinn.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
  2. say yes

say yes To VAR

Yeah McGinn would be a great signing. Need him feeding balls into this guy:

:drool:

3. Rex Banner

Rex Banner YNWA Trusted

Want Grealish and Nathan Ferguson next summer.

Ferguson has been unreal in the Championship this year and we could do with a young RB to rotate with Bellerin.

Grealish has looked really good for Villa in recent weeks playing higher up the pitch as part of a front three.

Both are young and home grown, and would have high resale value.

Troopz likes this.
  4. PoleInGoal

PoleInGoal Well-Known Member

Lautaro Martinez

5. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Short man Syndrome

Nah I do like Grealish but as others said, I think if you buy from Villa you get McGinn. I think Grealish is sometimes bit over hyped.

6. Rex Banner

Rex Banner YNWA Trusted

Disagree strongly, Jack is top class. Underrated if anything, he’s been on fire in recent weeks now he’s playing further up the field like he did at Notts County.

Also he’s homegrown unlike McGinn so that’s a bonus.

7. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Short man Syndrome

Maybe I just haven't watched him enough which could be the case, always just thought he wouldn't cut it a top club for some reason.

8. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

McGinn is better than Grealish I feel. Grealish has nice dribbling but you can't put a price on someone like McGinn with his movement, instincts, ability to score goals.

Most of football is played when you don't have the ball and I think McGinn is better in that regard. He knows which positions to take up, how to exploit space, has a great engine.

Players like Doucoure and McGinn are the guys you'd take from lower level sides if you're looking to improve the midfield. Grealish, I'm not so sure. Aesthetically what he does with the ball looks nice but I'm gonna have to watch him throughout the coming weeks to see what else he brings to the table.

9. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Easily Triggered

Grealish, McGinn and Camavinga in.

Torreira, Guendouzi and Xhaka out!

:trophy::drool:

10. Rex Banner

Rex Banner YNWA Trusted

Tbf to Grealish he’s had more end product this year, interestingly has more goals and assists in all competitions than McGinn.

Keep an eye on him, he’s worked hard on his game and improved massively year on year.

Tir Na Nog likes this.
  11. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

Not sure why we'd blow 50m on Grealish or McGinn when we have Smith-Rowe, who is probably already as good, but just needs minutes. Between Torreria, Matteo, Willock and ESR we have a talented bunch of young midfielders. I'd want to add in Ceballos and some physicality ala Ndidi or Dacoure.

12. Troopz

Troopz Well-Known Member

I’ve wanted Grealish here for quite sometime now, I knew he’d be able to make the step up to the PL once again. Thankfully he didn’t move to Sp**s when they wanted him a few seasons back.

McGinn would be a fantastic purchase, the lad has surprised me this season, I think he would easily slot into our side. Another Scottish lad too, I’m sure Tierney would welcome it.

Personally, I’d rather we splashed out on either one of these two rather than go for Ceballos.

bingobob, Rex Banner and LG10 like this.
  13. asukru

asukru Well-Known Member

A new fecking manager is my wish!

14. HBL

HBL Well-Known Member

Sir Thiago Silva and the best young player in Europe (Odegaard) needed.

15. Dutch D

Dutch D Well-Known Member

New manager who plays attacking, pressing football.

Out: Xhaka, Kolasinac, Özil (inevitable), Mustafi, Torreira, Chambers, Mavro (loan), Elneny (permanent), Mkhitaryan (permanent)
    (note: I like Torreira, but I have a feeling he will never truely settle here)

In:
    Saliba
    Ball-playing CB, left-footed
    Creative midfielder (not a pure 10), incisive pass, good dribble
    Back-up RB, young high-ceiling (could be an academy graduate)
    Back-up LB, young, high ceiling (ditto)
    Dynamic 6, high mobility, press resistant, passing range
    Nketiah

I'm thinking players in the mould of Hermoso, Aouar, Partey, but it's too early to tell who will come floating to the surface this season. For the sake of it:

Leno
    Bellerin - Holding - Hermoso-type - Tierney
    Partey-type
    Aouar-type
    - Willock
    Pepe - Aubameyang - Saka

Martinez
    Back-up - Saliba - Luiz - Back-up
    Maitland-Niles
    ESR - Guendouzi
    Nelson - Lacazette - Martinelli

Jury is still out on Ceballos, but I'm currently not convinced. Think what I describe above is what we need to do regardless of his situation. If Ceballos doesn't impress, I would consider buying a back-up 6, though that would be the nail in the coffin for AMN.

We also need to start planning long-term for our striker position. Auba is the most valuable player at the club at the moment, but he will decline at some point. I'm currently leaning towards keeping him for as long as possible. Potentially have to sell Lacazette though as he isn't the youngest either, and either give the back-up striker role to Nketiah or to buy a young promising striker (Chalov type). Can't afford to let both strikers run down their contract as they represent a lot of value.

Could consider buying a top left-winger (age 23-26 range) with the Lacazette money, depending on how Saka/Martinelli/Nelson will develop over the course of this season. Not sure who though.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
    Underhill likes this.
  16. Majoreyeswater

Majoreyeswater New Member

Lets face it pal, you aint getting Ndidi.

truth_hurts likes this.
  17. LG10

LG10 Well-Known Member

Dani Olmo is a world beater. We need a playmaking type for the lw, a zaha wouldn’t work in a 3 with auba and pepe. Olmo’s the one and he’ll be cheap.

asukru likes this.
  18. Krevsnih

Krevsnih Member

My wishlist for Arsenal-repair:
    Allen (allan?) (Napoli-dude)
    Havertz
    Skriniar
    Sancho (yes, pepe will have to move on)

19. Wryer

Wryer Well-Known Member

In my alternative reality I hope to see us bringing in players already in the PL - the best of the rest level players. I believe this lot has another level to go.

Nathan Ake
    Lascelles
    Redmond
    Ndidi
    Ricardo Perreira
    Kabasele
    Doucoure

20. Iceman10

Iceman10 Well-Known Member

This is a wish list after all, but Odegaard would be good if he were available. I would still prioritize CB (e.g. Upamecano) and CDM (e.g. Partey) first. I feel a little guilty for not identifying PL players as others are doing above, part of my mental block with that is a feel for a very inflated market for transfers within the PL.