• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
Grealish has work ethic. I just don't think he's good enough to get us back into the Champions League. Not many players are in isolation, but Grealish isn't.

Here's a realistic wishlist. Let's go Umtiti/Ake (30m) , Rabiot (25m), Partey (45m), Coutinho (15m loan fee) and Butland (5m). 120m. Auba and Saka on new contracts.

Sell Mustafi (10m), Chambers (15m), Holding (15m plus add ons), Mavropanos (10m), El Nenny (5m), Torreria (25m), Guendouzi (35m), AMN (25m), Mkhi (10m), Lacazette (35m). 185m

----------------------------Leno---------------------------
-------------------Umtiti-----------Luiz------------------
--Bellerin--------------------------------------Tierney--
------------------Rabiot-----------Partey----------------
--------Pepe-------------Coutinho---------Saka--------
--------------------------Auba----------------------------

Bench from: Martinez/Butland, Soares, Salibah, Mari, Kolasinac, Medley, Xhaka, Willock, ESR, Nelson, Martinelli, Nketiah.

We only have one youngster starting.
Why would you want Rabiot when we’re already trying to get rid of his version

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
The work ethic has to go up next season. Our players have been in their comfort zone for too long. I want us to recruit players with passion and hard graft as well as technical ability. Not sure Grealish fits that profile.

Or am I chatting sh it?

You're not chatting sh*t, but "passion and hard graft" are kinda vague terms. When I watch Arsenal, the main thing I think isn't "this team is too weak", I think "this team isn't good enough on the ball".

Sure, "passion and hard graft" are qualities you want in a team. But I think the priority has to be recruiting midfielders who can receive a ball, pass, play one touch, play through the lines, and dominate a game with the ball at their feet.

Grealish isn't the only guy who can do that, but he's one of them. We just need that sort of guy.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Everyone wants a midfielder who can run, tackle and also make amazing passes and scores goals. But guess what, that midfielder is Patrick Vieira and there aren't players like Vieira just cutting about waiting to be bought.

You can't expect us to buy a player that just doesn't exist.

Shalmaneser V

You're not chatting sh*t, but "passion and hard graft" are kinda vague terms. When I watch Arsenal, the main thing I think isn't "this team is too weak", I think "this team isn't good enough on the ball".

Sure, "passion and hard graft" are qualities you want in a team. But I think the priority has to be recruiting midfielders who can receive a ball, pass, play one touch, play through the lines, and dominate a game with the ball at their feet.

Grealish isn't the only guy who can do that, but he's one of them. We just need that sort of guy.

It’s funny when I used to watch Arsenal in the second half of Wenger’s tenure I used to think “this team is good on the ball” with players who can “receive a ball, pass, play one touch, play through the lines, and dominate a game with the ball at their feet.” But that "this team is too weak" to win anything.

Now I think “this team is too weak AND not good enough on the ball”

As I said I want Arteta to build a side with good technical players who are prepared to consistently work hard for each other off the ball.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
It’s funny when I used to watch Arsenal in the second half of Wenger’s tenure I used to think “this team is good on the ball” with players who can “receive a ball, pass, play one touch, play through the lines, and dominate a game with the ball at their feet.” But that "this team is too weak" to win anything.

Now I think “this team is too weak AND not good enough on the ball”

As I said I want Arteta to build a side with good technical players who are prepared to consistently work hard for each other off the ball.

Well yeah, everyone wants that. Any suggestions of players?

Shalmaneser V

Well this has been a productive discussion.

:lol:

Well tbf I have made a number of suggestions throughout this thread. But if you’re going to press me on it.

For defensive mids:
Sangare
I. Diallo
Roca
Partey

For more attack minded mids:
Buendia
Pellegrini
Nicolas Dominguez
Soumare
Rafa Silva
Szoboszlai
Abdulkadir Omur
Mikel Merino

For wide players you have:
M. Diaby
Gabriel Veron
Benrahma

Forwards:
J. David
Edouard
Depay
Jovic
A. Hlozek

I’d be content with any of those.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Why would you want Rabiot when we’re already trying to get rid of his version

Fair. I just think Rabiot is better and would like to think he wants to get back in that France team or at least give himself the chance. Rabiot is much better than Guendouzi and still a good age.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
How about we get Aouar AND Aouchiche? As my grandmother used to tell me: "You can never have too many silky French players of North African origin, now fetch me a biscuit".

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Aouar -> Aouchiche -> Guendouzi is a straight up pokemon evolution of curly haired maghreb ballers.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Imagine the scenes here if we get Gabriel Magalhaes, Partey, Aouar and Benrahma.

That’s a 10/10 window for me.

Leno

???? Saliba Gabriel Saka

Partey Xhaka

Pepe Aouar Benrahma

Aubameyang​

We’d score 3 or 4 each game with that set up.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Hummels ?!?!?

He is a leader and he can play out from the back, plus him in between Saliba and Holding will allow him to lead the backline. I honestly think he would be a great pick up. Don't look at him because of his age, he is a great player.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Imagine the scenes here if we get Gabriel Magalhaes, Partey, Aouar and Benrahma.

That’s a 10/10 window for me.

Leno

???? Saliba Gabriel Saka

Partey Xhaka

Pepe Aouar Benrahma

Aubameyang​

We’d score 3 or 4 each game with that set up.

This would be unreal, but for me I'd love Zaha. If we are not playing in Europe next season, imagine the damage Zaha and Pepe would do to teams with Aouar supplying them.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Zaha isn’t a world beater and will be 28 later this year. He’ll hardly have a decent resale value

I think he would explode if he played for a better team than Palace. People quote his stats but provide no context. Palace play with 11 men behind the ball basically every game, so he hardly every gets the ball in attacking positions. 1v1 there really aren't many better than him.

Fair point regarding resale value, but if he contributes to the club getting back into the top 4 then it financially makes sense.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
I think he would explode if he played for a better team than Palace. People quote his stats but provide no context. Palace play with 11 men behind the ball basically every game, so he hardly every gets the ball in attacking positions. 1v1 there really aren't many better than him.

Fair point regarding resale value, but if he contributes to the club getting back into the top 4 then it financially makes sense.
I would prefer Richarlison tbh

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
I've changed my mind on Grealish a bit. If Villa get relegated and he's available for a good price, then great, but if he's 30+m, i think we can get better.

Yes, he keeps the ball, but he doesn't see a picture in his head, he dwells on the ball, slows down attacks.

I'm not sure his ceiling is any higher than Emile Smith Rowe for example, a player who does see a picture, who moves forward at pace.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Zaha would be electric here. Tomas Lemar on the bench again for Atletico. The though of him and Saka switching positions between left sided CAM and LWF is exciting. Both are good technically, with Lemar being superb,, both quick and strong for their size.

We could probably pick Lemar up for about 35m. Would love to get it done if Lemar was interested.

-----------------------Partey---------------Xhaka------------------------
-----Pepe---------------------Lemar----------------------Saka----------
-------------------------------Aubameyang------------------------------

Maybe it's a leftie over kill?! Maybe switch Xhaka for Torreria and his replacement.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
-------------------Leno------------------
Aarons----Saliba-----Gabriel------KT
------------------Partey-----------------
------------Aouar-------Saka-----------
Pepe----------Osihmen-----------Zaha

Bring in Xhaka for away games/tough games at home.

That team challenges for the title.

One can dream...

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the league at Tottenham, they came back 2-2 in the last-minute of the game, and they're celebrating - because they're happy to draw against us, obviously. And I remember saying to Mauricio Tarricco who injured himself celebrating in front of me: "Do you realise we only need a point to be Champions?" And he was utterly shocked. So I said "Yes. Now watch as we're going to celebrate on your pitch. Bye bye!"

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom