• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

entropy13

Established Member
---------------------------FREY----------------------------

---VIDAL----------MAGALLON------NALDO--------HAKAN BALTA---

--------------------------ZAPATER--------------------------

----WITSEL--------DIEGO---JAVI MARTINEZ---MATI FERNANDEZ---

--------------------------BRIAND---------------------------

:p

number_0

Established Member
MDGoonah41 said:
Arshavin
Messi
Augero
Chiellini
De Rossi
Toulalan
Kaka
Pato

I expect at least 4 of them will be signed in January.

You serious?
only 2 of those players are remotely good enough to add something to the first team.

ricky1985

Established Member
number_0 said:
MDGoonah41 said:
Arshavin
Messi
Augero
Chiellini
De Rossi
Toulalan
Kaka
Pato

You serious?
only 2 of those players are remotely good enough to add something to the first team.

Yeah! And thats Pato and Aguero 'cos the rest are too old.

progman07

Established Member
number_0 said:
MDGoonah41 said:
Arshavin
Messi
Augero
Chiellini
De Rossi
Toulalan
Kaka
Pato

You serious?
Would they adapt to the Premiership? Could they do it consistently?
:wink:

morpho

Established Member
has this been taken?? said:
Axel Witsel.

Haven't ever seen him play but simply from this interview:
<a class="postlink" href="http://goonertalk.com/2008/12/31/die-hard-gooner-witsel-reveals-arsenal-adulation-full-unseen-interview/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://goonertalk.com/2008/12/31/die-ha ... interview/</a>

There were rumours that Utd and Chelsea were battling to get him for £20 mil. so he surely would be good enough for us.

is this for real? Quality!! :)

ricky1985

Established Member
morpho said:
has this been taken?? said:
Axel Witsel.

Haven't ever seen him play but simply from this interview:
<a class="postlink" href="http://goonertalk.com/2008/12/31/die-hard-gooner-witsel-reveals-arsenal-adulation-full-unseen-interview/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://goonertalk.com/2008/12/31/die-ha ... interview/</a>

There were rumours that Utd and Chelsea were battling to get him for £20 mil. so he surely would be good enough for us.

is this for real? Quality!! :)

He sounds like a real Arsneal fan. I would love us to sign him, he is a real talent. Where is Belgianfan when you need him?

DaGunners

Established Member
Yeah, I would love to give him time too. If he does have a future here, it will be wide I think, rather than in the middle. Wenger did say he is a rather late bloomer physically...

DaGunners

Established Member
Thommybhoy said:
Arshavin
Defour
Rosina
Hangeland
Nice list, although I'm not sure if Hangeland could play in our high line. Defour is ok, although I would prefer Matuidi.

My wish is for Arsène to buy Eden Hazard...

Zico

Established Member
DaGunners said:
I don't think Merida has a future here tbh...

You're dismissing an 18 year old midfielder who has suffered lots of injuries as having no future? Why?

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
I don't think Merida's suffered a lot of injuries (has he had any serious ones at all?) but the idea of dismissing an 18 year old player as not good enough is indeed crazy. I hate when people do that. Players, just like normal people, matures and develops at different ages.

Classy_Gunner

Merida has showed glimpes of what he is worth in the CC but not enough it mainly because he is being played out wide too often. I also hate people who dismiss a player who hasnt even come of age yet .He is still young and will probably have a bright future here once Fabregas fs of to Spain. He is a good player but at the age of 18 we need to give him time as maybe he is just a late developer.

DaGunners

Established Member
I don't think Merida will be better than Cesc, Denilson, Ramsey, Coquelin, or Randall. That's why I dismiss him...

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
DaGunners said:
I don't think Merida will be better than Cesc, Denilson, Ramsey, Coquelin, or Randall. That's why I dismiss him...
Because Merida's going to be crap or because those above (bar Cesc) are going to be great? Like others, I feel it's far too early and rather strange to write him off.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
DaGunners said:
Because Merida won't be better than the others.
That's not answering the question though. How good do you think the others are going to be? To pose a relative situation you need to provide some kind of frame of reference for the purposes of comparison. For example, a lot of people don't rate Randall. Are you throwing him in there to highlight the lack of faith you have in Merida or because you think he will come good/be class, etc.?

Arsenal Quotes

As a club, we have an educational purpose: to give back to those people who love Arsenal so that they learn moral values from our game and how we behave.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom