• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

So no new player who can play DMF? Pray that Partey stays fit, after having his worst injury ridden season? And after Jorginho having niggles for the first time ever this season.

Injury to Rice, and these players, and just put 17 year old Lewis-Skelly in, in a title challenge. Good stuff.
You are insinuating that all of Rice, Partey and Jorgi could get injured at the same time? I mean it's possible but really, you must be the biggest pessimist I know.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

You are insinuating that all of Rice, Partey and Jorgi could get injured at the same time? I mean it's possible but really, you must be the biggest pessimist I know.
Are you insinuating that Arsenal's midfield this season has been enough, when you could easily improve it next summer?

Partey has missed whole season, Jorginho has also had niggles. So it would have only taken a long-term Rice injury to ruin the season, and he did have a minor injury this season.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I think I see the vision with Hato from Ajax.

Half space runs down that left side, good defending (including awareness) and able to distribute from deep too.

Hato left side, Timber right side, with flexibility in creating our midfield box/pentagon.

If White can become a solid understudy to Saliba, Kiwior to Gabriel, Tomi to both and our fullbacks, then I think we may give up on Diomande.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
Are you insinuating that Arsenal's midfield this season has been enough, when you could easily improve it next summer?

Partey has missed whole season, Jorginho has also had niggles. So it would have only taken a long-term Rice injury to ruin the season, and he did have a minor injury this season.

I mean it’s clearly “been enough” in the sense that we’re doing pretty well.

But you’re right we need a body in who can play 6. Firstly because we’re getting rid of Partey this summer 🙏 🙏 🙏

Secondly because I’ve really liked Rice at 8 and Havertz somewhere other than in midfield so we need a DLP type.

I just don’t know if Zubi is that guy. Haven’t seen that much of him and when I have it’s been a bit meh. And it’s a rough market out there as well tbh.

Looks like you really are a lover of new toys! Imo, it has been enough. Plus Jamal and Simons are also CMs right? There are only 3 spots for those positions, Rice and Ode rarely get injured so 6 players should be enough cover imo. But then it depends on where you'd want to deploy Rice. Still, I think we are looking at 1 CM and rightly so.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Half space runs down that left side, good defending (including awareness) and able to distribute from deep too.

Hato left side, Timber right side, with flexibility in creating our midfield box/pentagon.

If White can become a solid understudy to Saliba, Kiwior to Gabriel, Tomi to both and our fullbacks, then I think we may give up on Diomande.

I'm just watching him now and came to post. As if he's only 18. Didn't sign an extension yet so we could get him

drippin

Looks like you really are a lover of new toys! Imo, it has been enough. Plus Jamal and Simons are also CMs right? There are only 3 spots for those positions, Rice and Ode rarely get injured so 6 players should be enough cover imo. But then it depends on where you'd want to deploy Rice. Still, I think we are looking at 1 CM and rightly so.
If Arsenal had Luiz instead of injured Partey this season, so Havertz could have played CF more, Arsenal would lead the league.

It's obvious why Luiz and Zubimendi have been in the rumours for ages. They can both play DMF & CMF.

drippin

Hato would be a huge steal if he doesn't extend, I mean an amazing bargain.

It just often happens that Ajax and similar club own youth players want to reward their developers. It also wouldn't be bad for him to keep starting there for a couple of years.

But let's hope Arsenal can buy him. He is so young that he wouldn't expect to start all the time at Arsenal level. And it's not easy to find good enough understudies.

You're right that he would be the left-sided Timber. Kiwior is much more a traditional LCB than Hato. And it's similar also because Timber nor Hato can't be expected to be defensively good enough for the CB role for EPL straight from Eredivisie, so they fit the inverted role the best at least first.

If Arsenal had Luiz instead of injured Partey this season, so Havertz could have played CF more, Arsenal would lead the league.

It's obvious why Luiz and Zubimendi have been in the rumours for ages. They can both play DMF & CMF.
Havertz playing CM was a tactical plan. We had other CMS to fill in on the position. Arteta didn't want that so that point is invalid.
Imo, the experience and class Jorgi and Partey have is very crucial in the PL & CL push. It's the reason Madrid are sticking with Kroos even at his age. Also I am not totally convinced with Fabio as cover for Ode therefore an 8 that can play 10 is more important for me than a 6/8 when we have 3 players who could cover 6/8. Also Zinny could do a job at 8.

drippin

Havertz playing CM was a tactical plan. We had other CMS to fill in on the position. Arteta didn't want that so that point is invalid.
What other CMS? Remember that Jorginho had niggles until recently.
Imo, the experience and class Jorgi and Partey have is very crucial in the PL & CL push. It's the reason Madrid are sticking with Kroos even at his age. Also I am not totally convinced with Fabio as cover for Ode therefore an 8 that can play 10 is more important for me than a 6/8 when we have 3 players who could cover 6/8. Also Zinny could do a job at 8.
It doesn't matter if you're convinced about Vieira. Arteta still is, and he won't replace him when there are more important areas to spend in. Like he should.

Kroos has never been injury-prone like Partey...

SA Gunner

If you are looking for a high energy, pacey, chaos merchant then Osimhen is too expensive a buy.

Spend 100-110m and go for Sesko (45), Williams (45) and Mudryk (yes, Mudryk for 20-30m). That would complete our frontline by both giving us depth/competition for Saka, Martinelli and Havertz (Jesus, Williams, Sesko).

Unfortunately it means my boy Eddie will likely have to go. Would love to keep him, but doubt we can, as he'd want to play and can fetch good money.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
If you are looking for a high energy, pacey, chaos merchant then Osimhen is too expensive a buy.

Spend 100-110m and go for Sesko (45), Williams (45) and Mudryk (yes, Mudryk for 20-30m). That would complete our frontline by both giving us depth/competition for Saka, Martinelli and Havertz (Jesus, Williams, Sesko).

Unfortunately it means my boy Eddie will likely have to go. Would love to keep him, but doubt we can, as he'd want to play and can fetch good money.

Mudryk's value on Chelsea's books will still be £50m+ so they aren't going to sell him for a £20m-£30m loss when they're already in the **** with FFP. Not that we should go near him anyway.

Bloodbather

Established Member

GH_HgnnW0AEw5zx

@Rex Stone someone’s missing 👀 maybe he’s the big investment in midfield after all
Kroos hasn't extended his contract beyond this summer and is likely leaving soon, and Tchouaméni excelled as a CB in addition to DM this season. No chance they're letting him go.

SA Gunner

Mudryk's value on Chelsea's books will still be £50m+ so they aren't going to sell him for a £20m-£30m loss when they're already in the **** with FFP. Not that we should go near him anyway.

I think the more we give them upfront, the better. I'd even do a 20m payment in one go if we could finance that over time and remain within PSR and FFP.

Give them a proposition where they have cash upfront to service their expenses, like 20m which services 2 years of Mudryk payments now. Not saying its possible, but worth a discussion I feel.

Maybe its wishful thinking or delusion :lol:

goons

After some consideration we should probably stay away from the striker market this summer. There just isn’t anything there that I see as a worthwhile upgrade on what we already have. I like Osimhen but I really don’t see him as a 115m player and I doubt Napoli will sell for less. Havertz / Jesus should work well for another season imo plus I think there is yet more to come from both of them.

Instead I think our number 1 priority should actually be signing… Musiala. While I understand this will be an extremely difficult deal to pull off I don’t think it’s as impossible as most here probably would consider it. He’s reportedly been stalling his new contract from Bayern for a rather long time now and with only 2 years left in the summer there might actually be an opportunity to get him this summer. Bayern should be well aware of the PSG situation with Mbappe and this is something they would have to consider possible if they were to delay selling him another year. If we are to make this happen however we would definitely have to smash our transfer record for a second consecutive summer but imo he could very well be worth it. A midfield of Rice, Ødegaard and Musiala is absolutely ridiculous on paper and it would take us to the next level imo. Could even see him go on and win a ballon d’or with us. Would absolutely love to have him here.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
Hato
Douglas Luiz
Neto
Goalkeeper

Hope we don’t touch this striker market, genuinely prefer signing nobody to Toney.
It’s very unlikely to happen but I would really like to see us buy Neto and try Saka as a false nine, I have a feeling he would be insane there. It’s not like Martinelli where he is heavily reliant on pace and big spaces to thrive, he’s more like Messi when he was a RW (in terms of style).
If it didn’t work you always have Havertz and Jesus to fall back on, as you were.
Luiz as a six (quarterback) and keep Rice at 8, maybe a double pivot in big games, also give Jorginho an extension.

Arsenal Quotes

In June 1996, David Dein, Peter Hill-Wood and Danny Fiszman came out to Nagoya to meet me on behalf of Arsenal. Within an hour we came to an agreement. The Japanese directors didn't try to keep hold of me in the usual way but talked with persuasive arguments... But as far as I was concerned, the decision was taken. Arsenal. A decision that would change my life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom