• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I think it's almost ban worthy to just drop a name like Watkins here with no links at all, but that's just me.

The anti-wish list thread is for that.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
De Jong is being completely misunderstood. He isn't a roaming 8. How can he be this roaming player and not have 1 assist to his name this season.

He is a deep lying playmaker that has excellent passing and is press resistant. He can defend when he isn't asked to cover large spaces. Hence why he played CB and 6 at Ajax.

Obviously if you have him going box to box he will be exposed as he isn't going to recover like Rice. However he is quicker than Jorginho and has the variety of passes we need.

FDJ in his proper role completely elevates this team and improves him aswell.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
De Jong is being completely misunderstood. He isn't a roaming 8. How can he be this roaming player and not have 1 assist to his name this season.

He is a deep lying playmaker that has excellent passing and is press resistant. He can defend when he isn't asked to cover large spaces. Hence why he played CB and 6 at Ajax.

Obviously if you have him going box to box he will be exposed as he isn't going to recover like Rice. However he is quicker than Jorginho and has the variety of passes we need.

FDJ in his proper role completely elevates this team and improves him aswell.

He is a top player and my pick as well, but the issue with FDJ is what you said... he isnt a roamer.

The way we play demands in game rotations consistently. Being able to move from 6 to 8 to 11 in Frenkie's case, and that is something that he doesnt do enough at Barcelona, or I dont see enough of that. I did say that Frenkie could do it in time, but right now he doesnt... even in Xavi's positional rotation system.

FDJ would be great for our team yes, giving us that more that deep lying playmaker and libero like role when dropping in between the center backs. So what Joginho and Rice do respectively now.

And this is where D Luiz becomes more valuable to me, in that he is able to rotate into 6, 8 and 11 depending on in game requirements, in addition to playing the DLP role. Sure, we lose the libero like rotation, but Rice can drop into those zones and distribute from deeper.

I love Frenkie and would be over the moon, but I think going hard for Douglas Luiz would do for us.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Other than Zubi, what other CM options are there to bring in?

Not really a CM option but if City and Liverpool are keeping a close eye on Bambi’s contract situation at Bayern then we should be doing the same.

Would be an unreal signing.

drippin

Really like Joey Vermaan. He is a class player and is ready for the big times
Arsenal needs to replace Partey, not buy another player for the upper midfield roles. The player has to be comfortable at DMF.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Arsenal needs to replace Partey, not buy another player for the upper midfield roles. The player has to be comfortable at DMF.
Veerman is proper DLP. If you want more combative midfielder go for Wiefer same league

drippin

Veerman is proper DLP. If you want more combative midfielder go for Wiefer same league
He has played 623 minutes in total as a DMF in the past two seasons.

There's no way Arteta puts a guy like this to DMF role, from the Dutch league, straight to EPL. There's levels to this.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He has played 623 minutes as a DMF in the past two seasons.

There's no way Arteta puts a guy like this to DMF role, from the Dutch league, straight to EPL. There's levels to this.

We need more creativity and passing in midfield more than a DM. We are way too dependent on Ødegaard. For me that’s the biggest need for midfield

drippin

We need more creativity and passing in midfield more than a DM. We are way too dependent on Ødegaard. For me that’s the biggest need for midfield
Zubimendi or Luiz would bring enough of creativity and passing, but with better defensive qualities and less risk than Veerman, who only has experience from the Dutch league.

Arsenal also still has Vieira, and Arteta won't just give up on him yet. He was better this season until his injury.

An interesting fact, but Vieira actually has 2+5 in EPL in 737 minutes according to Transfermarkt. A point per 105 minutes.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Zubimendi or Luiz would bring enough of creativity and passing, but with better defensive qualities and less risk than Veerman, who only has experience from the Dutch league.

Arsenal also still has Vieira, and Arteta won't just give up on him yet. He was better this season until his injury.
You comparing to DMs with one of Europes best passers in midfield. He is levels above them when it comes to passing. Also everyone here seem to be in love with freaking Timber and where did he play?

drippin

You comparing to DMs with one of Europes best passers in midfield. He is levels above them when it comes to passing. Also everyone here seem to be in love with freaking Timber and where did he play?
Of course I am, because Arsenal doesn't need another midfielder for the upper roles.

Rice can do the Xhaka role easily as he adjusts and develops more, and Zubimendi or Luiz are not that much worse passers or creative players.

If you have played 623 minutes at DMF in Dutch league in the past two seasons, no one should expect him the be good enough DMF for EPL for a couple of seasons at least.

Timber played LB for Arsenal, not RCB which he played at Ajax. In part exactly because of what I say, that EPL is a different beast. He is good enough defensively for the inverted fullback role, but would be more risky to play as RCB and would need time to adjust especially as he isn't that tall for a CB.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Of course I am, because Arsenal doesn't need another midfielder for the upper roles.

Rice can do the Xhaka role easily as he adjusts and develops more, and Zubimendi or Luiz are not that much worse passers or creative players.

If you have played 623 minutes at DMF in Dutch league in the past two seasons, no one should expect him the be good enough DMF for EPL for a couple of seasons at least.

Timber played LB for Arsenal, not RCB which he played at Ajax. In part exactly because of what I say, that EPL is a different beast. He is good enough defensively for the inverted fullback role, but would be more risky to play as RCB and would need time to adjust especially as he isn't that tall for a CB.
How many minutes has Timber played LB in his life before coming here? I doubt you seen much of the player the way you are arguing about minutes. He is a midfielder for the deeper roles. There is a reason why Jorginho is so celebrated in here. Because outside of Ødegaard he is the only midfielder who can pass and this guy is better passer than Jorginho

drippin

How many minutes has Timber played LB in his life before coming here? I doubt you seen much of the player the way you are arguing about minutes. He is a midfielder for the deeper roles. There is a reason why Jorginho is so celebrated in here. Because outside of Ødegaard he is the only midfielder who can pass and this guy is better passer than Jorginho
At the time I said that Timber won't play CB much at Arsenal, but will be an inverted fullback.

I haven't seen much of Vermeer, and it doesn't matter.

Explain why has he played 623 minutes at DMF in all comps in the past two seasons if he is made for deeper roles? Makes absolutely zero sense.

He played DMF more in earlier seasons, but got put higher. So..? He is made for deeper roles, but has developed into higher roles? :lol:

Arteta or Arsenal doesn't have time to develop him back into DMF role in EPL, with all the risk it entails with the jump to the toughest league in the world. It's totally different than Timber becoming an inverted fullback.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal is in my blood as well as my heart. I will always, always, always remember you guys. I said I was going to be a Gooner for life and I did not lie because when you are a Gooner, you will always be a Gooner. This club is in my heart and will remain in my heart forever.

Thierry Henry

Daily Transfer Updates

Wednesday, May 22

Manchester United have joined Arsenal in the race to sign Ajax LB Jorrel Hato, but the player prefers a move to North London [HITC]

Benjamin Šeško will decide before the Euros whether he wants to leave Leipzig or sign a new contract [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have made an official offer of €20m + €5m add-ons to Fenerbache for LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Sabah Spor]

Arsenal are interested in Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow [Telegraaf]

Justin Bijlow could be available for around £10m [John Cross - The Mirror]

Newcastle are adamant Bruno Guimaraes will not be leaving the club unless his release clause is triggered [The Telegraph]

Arsenal admire Newcastle forward Alexander Isak, but the club insist they will not discuss a deal for less than double the £90m price being mentioned in the media [The Telegraph]

Sambi Lokonga says he has decided to leave Arsenal and his agent is now looking for a solution [Chris Wheatley]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom