• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Floating

Established Member
Bruno Alves only just turned 28, same age as Arshavin. Not at all too old! In fact, a great age. He would be cup-tied, though, no? As would Chamakh and Poulsen.

Side Note: Does anyone watch Bundesliga football? If so, how do you rate:

- Arturo Vidal, DM/DF
- Demba Ba, CF/WF
- Stefan Kießling, CF
- Ciprian Marica, CF
- Jerome Boateng, DF
- Heiko Westermann, DF/DM

I've just heard mostly good things about those players, and wanted a first hand opinion.

Sottobosco

Don't rate Kießling. Seems not logical when he is top scorer of Bundesliga but something about him doesn't seem right. His striker partner Erin Derdiyok is more intriguing to me- he scored a great header v Stuttgart last week and gives a feeling that he knows what he is doing.

Arturo Vidal I like but I don't see him as a DM.

Demba Ba is your normal Bundesliga striker... can't be trusted at high level. Can't verify the other 3 names you mention.

qs

Established Member
I said before he joined Villa we should have been in for him and I feel more than vindicated. The great thing about Milner is that when he isn't quite at the top of his form he still has an impact because of his immense work rate. In the middle with Fan and Song or wide right he'd be a great option. In fact he'd walk into our first 11 for me.

Floating

Established Member
Sottobosco said:
Don't rate Kießling. Seems not logical when he is top scorer of Bundesliga but something about him doesn't seem right. His striker partner Erin Derdiyok is more intriguing to me- he scored a great header v Stuttgart last week and gives a feeling that he knows what he is doing.

Arturo Vidal I like but I don't see him as a DM.

Demba Ba is your normal Bundesliga striker... can't be trusted at high level. Can't verify the other 3 names you mention.

Is Vidal more of a fullback or a centerback?

How about Neven Subotić or Serdar Tasci, or the Bosnians, Vedad Ibisević and Zvjezdan Misimović?

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Del Boy said:
Clrnc said:
I won't take any of those players. There are much much better options world wide than those mediocres
This snobbery is starting to annoy me. Just like the words "Arsenal quality" that were banded about earlier.

If you're telling me none of those players would improve the side you are off your rocker.

And name a few of these other "worldwide" stars that are in our price range and we can discuss this. Start bringing up Villa,Buffon and other world class players that we will not bid for then your post just won't make sense.
Yes, absolutely none. People like Beckham, Gudjohnsen, Rodallega, Mcarthy, Yakubu... you seriously think they are going to improve us? Beckham and Gudjohnsen might 4 years ago ;) Surprised you even mentioned Rodallega, one of the controvery the Wigan chairman said a few weeks ago that he is the dodgy signing Bruce made before leaving. The other 2 is injury proned and flop.

The only 2 name I would even consider is Cardozo and Falcao. Then again, those 2 are doing well with their club and for their price range, you could get plenty of better strikers. Look at the random names floating mentioned, now there are some quality in there.

asajoseph

Established Member
Rodallega is stupendously erratic.

Good player for a club like Wigan, and will score some superb goals for them from time to time, but he's hopelessly inconsistent. As for McCarthy? Christ almighty, no thanks.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Nah, I wouldn't want him at all. Decent player who will be exposed against the tactics the big four teams tend to come up against. He also possesses a quality cross but that's not going to do us any good.

Del Boy

Established Member
Milner would be good enough as a Rosicky replacement I suppose. He can't make the England squad though.

Del Boy

Established Member
Clrnc said:
Del Boy said:
Clrnc said:
I won't take any of those players. There are much much better options world wide than those mediocres
This snobbery is starting to annoy me. Just like the words "Arsenal quality" that were banded about earlier.

If you're telling me none of those players would improve the side you are off your rocker.

And name a few of these other "worldwide" stars that are in our price range and we can discuss this. Start bringing up Villa,Buffon and other world class players that we will not bid for then your post just won't make sense.
Yes, absolutely none. People like Beckham, Gudjohnsen, Rodallega, Mcarthy, Yakubu... you seriously think they are going to improve us? Beckham and Gudjohnsen might 4 years ago ;) Surprised you even mentioned Rodallega, one of the controvery the Wigan chairman said a few weeks ago that he is the dodgy signing Bruce made before leaving. The other 2 is injury proned and flop.

??? The Wigan chairman was certianly not talking about Rodallega who has been their best player this season. He was on about Edman and Kapo.

Beckham will still make the World Cup squad ahead of the likes of Young,Milner and even Walcott. He is an experienced player and would have been very useful. AC Milan got him on loan again though.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Beckham will not fit into our play. His fitness level is not quite the same anymore, and we don't really need his type of winger to be honest.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Beckham would just suffer from the same problem as Eboue or Rosicky/Nasri; he's not a forward. I think that people are confused by the term "winger" here. We're not talking about a midfielder, we're talking about a forward who's originating from a wider position in the attack. The last thing we want is to stock up on more midfielders who lacks edge and finishing ability. We're so much weaker as a team every time we're forced to play Rosicky or Nasri up front so why would we go out and deliberately get more players like that?

I agree, though, that Rodallega fits the bill better than the other ones.

Del Boy

Established Member
Beckham-Song-Fabregas

I think it would work. Obviously it won't happen though and this is the suitable thread.

Zico

Established Member
Del, Beckham is my favorite English player of the last 10 years, by a distance, but he couldn't do it anymore. Not on this team. We like to run up and down, and pass the ball in triangles on the ground. Beckham is more suited to quarterbacking right now. However, there is no striking target to aim to. If a team like Chelsea or Liverpool wanted him, I think he would be a better fit there right now.

Floating

Established Member
asajoseph said:
Rodallega is stupendously erratic.

Good player for a club like Wigan, and will score some superb goals for them from time to time, but he's hopelessly inconsistent. As for McCarthy? Christ almighty, no thanks.

Sounds like one, E. Adebayor :wink:

Del Boy

Established Member
Zico said:
Del, Beckham is my favorite English player of the last 10 years, by a distance, but he couldn't do it anymore. Not on this team. We like to run up and down, and pass the ball in triangles on the ground. Beckham is more suited to quarterbacking right now. However, there is no striking target to aim to. If a team like Chelsea or Liverpool wanted him, I think he would be a better fit there right now.
I agree, you are probably right Zico. Really like Beckham as well tbh. One of the only ex Mancs that I actually like and he had one of the best strikes of a ball I have ever seen.

Zico

Established Member
My two new favorites for Wish List are el-cheapo would-be/former stars:

Adriano - free transfer
M. Diarra - 5 million pounds (it is rumored Real are clearing out extras)

They fit the bill as experienced, sizeable players.

Kraig

Established Member
adriano would have a melt down! id take diarra though in a heartbeat!

dzeko for me
and villa obviously... :)

Arsenal Quotes

If you eat caviar everyday, it's difficult to return to sausages

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom