• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Del Boy

Established Member
Zico said:
My two new favorites for Wish List are el-cheapo would-be/former stars:

Adriano - free transfer
M. Diarra - 5 million pounds (it is rumored Real are clearing out extras)

They fit the bill as experienced, sizeable players.
I would take both players in an instant.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
This I agree with you. I think both can still perform at the highest level.

However, I am worried when Wenger said we are not short in the middle. I still feel we lack a defensive midfield MORE than a striker

Floating

Established Member
Akinfeev and Frey would both be cup-tied in the CL, no?

Neuer is not, though!

For me it's Neuer and Gignac/Villa. None of them are cup-tied, all of them quality.

Floating

Established Member
Anyone else fancy CSKA's Milos Krasic?

A direct, penetrative winger with a great shot on him and a good physique (I think he's 6'1"). Reminds me a bit of a young Pavel Nedved. He's the perfect age too, having just turned 25, and has CL and international experience.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Neuer is more likely to go to Bayern..

and Frey is a Buddhist.. we need more Buddhists on our team.. LOL

Frey has more experience and is still at the right age for a keeper beginning the prime of his career (29)

neither is likely though..

Gurgen

Established Member
USArsenal said:
Neuer is more likely to go to Bayern..

and Frey is a Buddhist.. we need more Buddhists on our team.. LOL

Frey has more experience and is still at the right age for a keeper beginning the prime of his career (29)

neither is likely though..

Frey is slightly mad though.

And not in a Mad Jens way either.

I prefer one of the stone cold Germans.

Smudeagle

Can't be arsed starting another pointless trasfer thread - What's people's reaction to the very unlikely scenario of Big Sol coming in to replace and outgoing Big Phil in January?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_5764798,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.football365.com/story/0,1703 ... 98,00.html</a>

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
I think age is overrated in keepers. Look at Cech, he's 27 and has played for Chelsea for five seasons now. Buffon broke through at Parma at 17. Casillas at Real at the age of 19. Obviously they're top talents, but so is Neuer in my opinion. I'd rather him than someone who's 29, if the only real advantage the other player has on his side is age. It's all about experience, and Neuer is almost 24 and has played 130 competitive games already.

Illusion

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
I think age is overrated in keepers. Look at Cech, he's 27 and has played for Chelsea for five seasons now. Buffon broke through at Parma at 17. Casillas at Real at the age of 19. Obviously they're top talents, but so is Neuer in my opinion. I'd rather him than someone who's 29, if the only real advantage the other player has on his side is age. It's all about experience, and Neuer is almost 24 and has played 130 competitive games already.

Like I've always said about keepers, it's about them getting a chance young, getting regular high level games at a young age and growing into the role. The best keepers we know today have all had that, none of them came about from sitting on the bench until they were 28 and suddenly playing really well.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
in that case, we should be giving Fabianski the reigns at this point if we're not going to sign a better keeper.. he wont get better being the backup, he'll get it with more playing time and experience

kooldawg

Established Member
If Schalke is having that summer clear out as is being reported then we really should swoop in for Neuer, Just read on BBC that Manchester are interested in him. Shouldn't give fergie the chance to do so.

Zico

Established Member
Chamakh scored a lovely header today. His head must've been above the goal posts when he connected with the ball. Pity Bordeaux are doing so well. Maybe we will face them at some point in Europe where he will punish us for not taking him last summer. That would be mean

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Chamakh is a great player. He must've run 14 kilometres last night. Absolutely incredible work rate. There's so much I like about him. We'd never have to endure central midfielders being deployed as wide forwards again if we had him.

Arsenal Quotes

As a club, we have an educational purpose: to give back to those people who love Arsenal so that they learn moral values from our game and how we behave.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom