• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

banduan

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
It's great being a fan sometimes. There's always something new and exciting to complain about.

Yeh. Have you noticed how the new ladies players aren't the prettiest around? I mean, what's that all about! We've lost it!

asajoseph

Established Member
kamikaze80 said:
no reason why eduardo, vela, rosicky and walcott shouldn't leave. what're their combined goals and assists stats for the season in the league? and what are we paying them? pathetic.

here's a wishlist: i'd like to see a stat showing every player's # of mins played and their +/- during those minutes. probably too difficult to adjust for strength of opposition and our own strength of lineup, but i'd be curious to see even a crude accounting of that.

I'd keep Theo and Vela.

Both were disappointing this season, but I still think both have upside, and more to give. Theo, in particular, actually finished the season pretty well, even if he was largely quite underwhelming. He does seem to have a knack of scoring in games we eventually chuck away though!

Eduardo and Rosicky are dead-weight though - we're paying them more than they're worth, and it feels like the right time to cut our losses on them and try something different.

qs

Established Member
asajoseph said:
I'd keep Theo and Vela.

Both were disappointing this season, but I still think both have upside, and more to give. Theo, in particular, actually finished the season pretty well, even if he was largely quite underwhelming. He does seem to have a knack of scoring in games we eventually chuck away though!

Eduardo and Rosicky are dead-weight though - we're paying them more than they're worth, and it feels like the right time to cut our losses on them and try something different.

Agree with most of that although I'm in two minds on Vela. He's the same age as Theo but hasn't done nearly as much. I'm still hoping he'll just click at some stage but I'm getting less and less confident about his future with us.

Humble Rex

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
Sorry! What I really mean is of course: we should sell them all for bread crumbs and use the money to buy Eden Hazard. And when he gets injured we'll blame Wenger again for keeping a too thin squad. It's great being a fan sometimes. There's always something new and exciting to complain about.

:lol: Couldn´t have phrased it any better myself! Well I could have, just didn´t think it was worth it...

kamikaze80

Established Member
klaus, i specifically was wondering about league stats cos the fa cup and carling cup are joke competitions, and even some of the CL group stage matches are jokes as well. the fact that vela hardly got a look in the league says it all.

asa, if we had to keep one of vela or theo, it'd definitely be theo. vela will never be anything in england. the league is too intense and full of scary grownups for him - he's just a carefree kid playing futbol.

i do think theo is overpaid and overvalued on the transfer market. he's priced like a premier wide forward but he's really a poor man's ashley young. if there were any chance of landing hazard, i'd sell theo in a second to help fund it.

kamikaze80

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
Sorry! What I really mean is of course: we should sell them all for bread crumbs and use the money to buy Eden Hazard. And when he gets injured we'll blame Wenger again for keeping a too thin squad.
maybe other people would, but i wouldn't. i'd rather a slightly smaller squad but with higher quality, than a larger squad with lower quality. the former is riskier but gives you a higher chance of trophies, while the latter will get you 3rd or 4th place regularly.

anyway, i don't think sanchez watt is that much worse than theo. and van persie, chamakh, arshavin, hazard and nasri is a pretty deep and talented group of forwards, no? how many backups do you expect to have?? that's what's absurd.

TomasCR

Established Member
I wish Cesc would tell them to **** off because if he doesn't, we might as well find ourselves a couple of years back and start all over again.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Exactly. Rebuilding over and over again. Here we are back into transition period. Be sure Arshavin will leave next season if we don't win any trophy and we gets ****ed again

Floating

Established Member
What do you think about Wolfsburg's Diego Benaglio?

I don't watch much of the Bundesliga, but I know he's very highly rated, and a good age.

ricky1985

Established Member
Now that's what you call a Wish List, Qs!

In all seriousness it will be interesting to see how Wenger reacts should Cesc end up leaving.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
qs said:
If Cescs out then

Buffon

Mexes
Cahill

Gourcuff
Yaya
Melo

Hazard

;D
you can wish Yaya until the cows come home, he isnt coming to Arsenal..

i would take the rest though.. and if the reports that we are demanding 80m for Cesc are true, we could actually AFFORD those players

and we could raise some more cash by shedding some of the dead weight from the squad to allow the players we are bringing in to take their place (Manny, Flapianski, Gallas, Vela - even though I like him, Rozza, etc)

add in the fact that we probably have 50m-60m already available to us for incoming players this summer (arbitrary number i just made up), we could do some nice business this summer..

if we got all those players and lost Cesc, i dont think we'd be any worse off, thats for sure

qs

Established Member
Fine replace Yaya with Milner. I reckon if you've got an attacking mid like Nasri or Gourcuff or whatever other attacking mid we decide we're getting with our 80 mil then we need a bit more industry in midfield. Milner is like Flamini with added goals.

Uncle Mike

Established Member
<< Aston Villa have "firmly rejected" a £20 million bid from Manchester City for talented England midfielder James Milner. City made the offer on Wednesday but Villa have rebuffed the approach, insisting that PFA Young Player of the Year Milner is not for sale. >> from ESPN Soccernet

Nice to know that Villa have some integrity.

Of course, if they sell Milner to somebody else, having already rejected Man City, that may still suggest that they have integrity.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom