• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

kamikaze80

Established Member
YeahBee said:
also wondering this and how is best at defending of them? Because I strongly feel that the CM we need has to have skills that would allow him to play well with both Cesc and Gilberto
really? i feel the complete opposite; i think our midfield play suffers much more when cesc is not in the lineup than gilberto. we need to bring in a ballplaying creative midfielder to rest cesc or offer a slightly different option in away matches. i'm thinking along the lines of an edu.

kamikaze80

Established Member
stiiphunn said:
You can forget about Toulalan he'll be in Lyon next year.

As for Bodmer, he's a good player, good passing but may be a bit too slow for the premier league. The pace of the game is so high that Bodmer wouldn't fit in this league! I see him more in the Calcio for example.
who's leaving lyon then? diarra?

KD

GK - I think we should get Pele or maybe even Isaakson if he's available and as good as he's made out to be

CB - We need one more experienced centre-back. Gallas would be perfect but I can't se it happenin (Chelsea) so maybe Ujfalusi rom Czech or even Davies (despite hislack of experience)

FB - It's all good if Cole stays

CM - I think Gilberto needs a bit more pressure put on him, so maybe we could have Diaby pushing for the more defensive role and the bring in either Gudjohnssen or Baptista to give Cesc a rest when he needs it as well as giving us an extra option up front.

Wingers - Don't think we need anyone unless Pires leaves. If he does,bring in Gourcoff

Srikers - We need one more to replace DB. Kuyt or Berbatov would be good but I'd prefer Baptista or Gudjohnssen because they'd strengthen the midfield as well

stiiphunn

Established Member
kamikaze80 said:
stiiphunn said:
You can forget about Toulalan he'll be in Lyon next year.

As for Bodmer, he's a good player, good passing but may be a bit too slow for the premier league. The pace of the game is so high that Bodmer wouldn't fit in this league! I see him more in the Calcio for example.
who's leaving lyon then? diarra?

Toulalan should have gone to Lyon last summer, but didn't because Nantes wanted to keep him another year. Lyon has been looking at him for quite a long time now. But according to Mr Aulas no one, expect Govou, will leave Lyon this summer..

However Diarra may go, the way Essien did, as big clubs are very much interested..

stiiphunn

Established Member
GoonerGurjit said:
Bodmer's a very good player. He's shown he can compete with the best in the Champions League this season.

Well I watched Lille's performances in the CL this year and haven't been impressed by Bodmer- He's way better in the Ligue 1, but only because he has time to play his game.
Makoun, for example, has been more impressive and I think he could be a great player for Arsenal.

stiiphunn

Established Member
adjie said:
Gallas everyone ?
1) Now he hates Moronho
2) he doesn't want to be a Full-Back
3) quality and much better than sign Thuram

But, if only his negotiation with Meazza fail to be accomplished.
Gallas Unhappy at Chelsea, again!

Gallas would be great! But I don't see it happening!

I would love to see Thuram in our back line. That guy is just amazing! Even though he's getting old, he's still as good as he used to be!
Plus he's friend with Hennry!

xXxcharlez1xXx

i personally reckon that torres and carrick would be great for the mighty arsenal and they would fit in perfectly with torres's vision and pace and carrick's swift passing

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
That Czech Republic guy, Rozenhal or whatever his name is. Seen a few games and looks solid but he's a bit skinny, body type similar to Mexes.

AFCFan4Ever

Right now, my wishlist is...

Curtis Davies
Mathieu Bodmer
Joaquin
Nuri Sahin

I know we need a GK but I think we could get one in the Jan. window or even next summer.

xXxcharlez1xXx

i personally reckon that we need to establish us as a english team again by bringin in more players like carrick, swp, cattermole, davies and nolan, they would be great for us and will shut everyone up about us not being a english team anymore.

jester

Established Member
reo-coker. i really rate him, i do, and with him and cesc in the middle would be outstanding for a decade. trouble is, i doubt he'd leave, especially if westham win today.
i really see arsen going for english this summer, with one big foreign player. i expect:

1 x big signing (torres, baptista...)
1 x english midfielder - nolan, barton, coker
1 x defender (davies hopefully)

what a team we'd have then.
oh and thats if we keep pires, who'll play a few next season, if not, we need cover.

Arsenal Quotes

The only moment of possible happiness is the present. The past gives regrets. And future uncertainties. Man quickly realised this and created religion. It forgives him what he has done wrong in the past and tells him not to worry about the future, as you will go to paradise.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom