• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

ricky1985

Established Member
fabo said:
The Song hate is definitely going too far on this site, it's fashionable to criticise him now but still, I'd have him in the side ahead of Ramsey and Frimpong/Diaby without hesitation.

Ricky used to love him IIRC.........:angel
:lol:

You were right all along with Song, no question.

Although, I do reckon the fact that he never plays as a sitting midfielder these days, as he did in the early part of 2009/10 when we used to go back and forth on him, has something to do with it. I'm far from his biggest fan but he does look a much better player when his role is simplified and he plays more disciplined. Hopefully we see that today, with Ramsey and Wilshere level with each in a line just ahead of him.

fabo

6.51 / 10
I'd agree with that. The midfield in the early part of 09/10 was probably as balanced as I've seen it since 07/08.

ricky1985

Established Member
Ron Burgundy said:
ricky1985 said:
It will look far better today with Ramsey and Wilshere paying together at full-tilt. Even if Song is there missing tackles and charging around like a blind rhinoceros.
You really do hate Song! :lol:
Na, I don't hate Alex. I just think he costs us more than most realise.

qs

Established Member
Right back to wish listing...

Here's my sort it out with English lads list

Parker
Jags/Cahill
Baines
Bent

outlaw_member

Established Member
---------Szczesny
Sagna-Cahill--Vermaelen-Baines
---------Wilshere
----Fabregas-----Nasri
---------van Persie
Walcott----------------Gervinho

Champagne football!

stuart

Established Member
I've been thinking, are Cahill/Jagielka really the best centre halfs that a club like Arsenal could sign? Throw a few names at me, i cant think of many decent defenders that we could get

eye4goal

Established Member
Sell: Cesc, Nasri, Eboue and Vela
Buy: Coates, Guarin, Forlan and Mata

------------------Szczesney

Sagna--------Koscielny----Vermaelen----Gibbs

--------------Guarin------Frimpong

Gervinho-----------Wilshere------------Mata

----------------------RVP

Floating

Established Member
eye4goal said:
Sell: Cesc, Nasri, Eboue and Vela
Buy: Coates, Guarin, Forlan and Mata

------------------Szczesney

Sagna--------Koscielny----Vermaelen----Gibbs

--------------Guarin------Frimpong

Gervinho-----------Wilshere------------Mata

----------------------RVP

Someone was watching a bit of Copa America :wink:

Coates impressed me. An absolutely beast, and still very young. Guarin is like a Colombian Charlie Adam — great hollywood balls and set pieces, but offers little else.

kalleTheMan

Established Member
Anyone rate Kagawa? Similar to Nasri but I think he would be an upgrade.

Here's a recent performance against Shalke: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAOP3KE7yjE&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAOP3KE7 ... er&list=UL</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anzac

Established Member
Some WUM was having a lend on wiki earlier - had us signing Gotze on 1st Aug for 18m.....b*stard.

Saw that he'd also said on 28 Jul that we'd agreed a 5 year deal with Mata for 22m, and that Wilshere had been sold to some new mega rich Russian club for 35m.

mistaT

Established Member
qs said:
Eto'o wants to play in England. I want Eto'o at Arsenal.

tumblr_lhgyy1yt1p1qaekbe.gif

Mmmmmmm Eto'o.

eye4goal

Established Member
Floating said:
Someone was watching a bit of Copa America :wink:

Coates impressed me. An absolutely beast, and still very young. Guarin is like a Colombian Charlie Adam — great hollywood balls and set pieces, but offers little else.

Guarin is technically better than Adams but they're comparable I agree. I am not too sure about his consistency and would have preffered Vidal but can't think of another good midfielder available. I would take Coates over Djourou and Squillaci as it's looking like we won't buy a defender.

Ideally we'd buy Hazard for Cesc and Mata for Nasri + a top CB

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
no thanks.. pudgy and out of shape, and didnt look brilliant at all for Milan last season (granted he was out of shape after not playing for a couple months)

ebouenolike

Established Member
My fave Cassano quote:

'I am like a Ferrari being driven around in the sun in traffic' - basically alluding to the fact he is a top player who just doesn't put in the effort.

He also said when he gets out he wants to eat everything and get massively out of shape.

Arsenal Quotes

He is like a new signing

Arsène Wenger on a player coming back from injury
Top Bottom