• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

eye4goal

Established Member
He is indeed Outlaw. I take it you've seen his goal vs Flamengo?. He is way out of our price range though

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
eye4goal said:
He is indeed Outlaw. I take it you've seen his goal vs Flamengo?. He is way out of our price range though

we should have got him 5 years ago when he was in school!

There is light

Neymar <<< Hazard. Neymar is a raw talent with a lot of ability and a dodgy attitude, for me he is still only a prospect whereas hazard is already a good player, much ahead of neymar, both in terms of performance and attitude.

Brazilian league is a different level, the level of defending there is absolutely atrocious.

AFC-Phil

Established Member
Armor for Sleep said:
I'm a broken man. Just buy someone, i don't care who.

silvestre.jpg

:twisted:

TheLoneFalcon

Cake Addict
That image is disgusting. MODZZ!

Lassana Diarra has been wasted at Madrid despite impressing when given some playing time. A solid bid would surely tempt him. Sahin would have been a clever buy, but with Barcelona ****ing about shamelessly Wenger can't move in the market to replace Cesc.

The optimism surrounding Gibbs is nice, but I'd still have a good LB at the club instead of another CB.

qs

Established Member
Do you not remember when that dolphin headed **** left here the last time. Why would he come back? And I wouldn't want him back anyway, overrated, mouthy, jumped up little prick.

TheLoneFalcon

Cake Addict
qs said:
Do you not remember when that dolphin headed **** left here the last time. Why would he come back? And I wouldn't want him back anyway, overrated, mouthy, jumped up little *****.

:lol: I remember it well, but I've come to accept that footballers in general are overrated, mouthy, greedy, jumped up little ****s.

Despite what you may think he'd be a massive improvement and should address at least some of the porousness of our midfield. Not hard to improve on Song, but still.

Whether he'd want to come back is a legitimate question, but this is after all a wish list. :wink:

Anzac

Established Member
Has Montolivo signed a new contract or transfered as yet?
If not then I want him if Cesc goes (since Sahin has gone to Real),
& play an inverted midfield 3 with Song anchoring behind Montolivo and Jack/Rambo.

TheLoneFalcon

Cake Addict
Anzac said:
& play an inverted midfield 3 with Song anchoring behind Montolivo and Jack/Rambo.

No.

Anzac

Established Member
TheLoneFalcon said:
Anzac said:

No.

Unless he signed a new contract last year then he's in the same boat as Nasri, and would be cheaper than the likes of Mata or Banega. Thought there was some talk in the rags early on?

outlaw_member

Established Member
If we lost Cesc, I'd want a deep lying playmaker like Banega or Montolivo to replace him, whilst freeing up Wilshere into a more offensive CM role. All within an inverted pyramid shape. Either that, or sign an AM like Hazard or Mata and retain the pyramid shape.

outlaw_member

Established Member
There is light said:
Neymar <<< Hazard. Neymar is a raw talent with a lot of ability and a dodgy attitude, for me he is still only a prospect whereas hazard is already a good player, much ahead of neymar, both in terms of performance and attitude.

Brazilian league is a different level, the level of defending there is absolutely atrocious.

Hazard is more rounded and is a more stable character, for sure. However, Neymar is one of those once in a generation type of talents. To provide a comparison, Hazard could go to become a Henry, but Neymar could go on to become a Ronaldo.

Eye4Goal, I hadn't actually until you mentioned it. Ridiculous!

There is light

That's the point though, neymar is ridiculously talented but is still a prospect, the kid's been hyped up too early in his career and it's to an extent that can hurt his progress, he's still no balotelli though. If he can manage to have a good attitude (very unlike himself) yes he'll be great, he's got qualities very much like henry and etoo. Hazard has some way to go as well but he's near to the level we expect of a player.

As this thread normally goes (previous days top performers being wishlisted), lets go for MARCO FABIAN haha amazing goals against barca yesterday.

Floating

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
Hazard is more rounded and is a more stable character, for sure. However, Neymar is one of those once in a generation type of talents. To provide a comparison, Hazard could go to become a Henry, but Neymar could go on to become a Ronaldo.

In my eyes, Henry is at the same level as Ronaldo. Both were simply unplayable in their pomp, and two of the best strikers in the past 20 years.

That said, Neymar could easily become a new Robinho or Quaresma - bags of ability and promise, but a bad attitude could see him never fulfilling his potential. Hazard has been the linchpin of a side playing in one of the top leagues in Europe that just won their domestic double. He's definitely more of a team player and less of a showpony than Neymar, and has had much more responsibility in his short career.

Neymar seems made for a side like Real Madrid (big money, individual talent over team balance, etc), and I would bet my house that Wenger would never sign him.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Henry wasn't far off Ronaldo, but he was definitely inferior to him. However, that's another debate altogether which I don't want to get into.

I do agree that Neymar is by far the greater gamble, but when it comes to superb Brazilian's, it is worth taking. Ronaldo, Romario, Rivaldo and Ronaldinho all had dodgy mentalities, but you can bet none of their clubs regretting signing them, bar Milan. Granted, they could also fall the way of Adriano, but his circumstances were very bad and sad.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrived, an Arsenal share was worth £800; it subsequently rose continuously in value and by the time I left it stood at £17,000.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom