• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

AFC-Phil

Established Member
- - - - - - - - - - - - Szczesny - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - Jagielka - - - - Vermaelen - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - M'Vila - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- Sagna - - - Modric - - - Wilshere - - - Marcelo -
- - - - - - - - - - - Van Persie - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - Walcott - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Gervinho - -

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

mo50 said:
M'Vila, Hazard and Cahill. Please Wenger make it happen.
Co-signed. I'd go from thinking we'll finish outside the top four, to thinking we could finish third.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
-------------------Szczesny--------------
--Sagna-----Cahill----Vermaelen---Gibbs--
--------Song/M'Villa----Wilshere---------
--Gervinho------------------------Elia---
--------------RVP------Walcott-----------

------------------Fabianski--------------
--Jenkinsson---Djourou--Kos------Traore--
---------------Diaby----Ramsey-----------
--Chamberlain----------------------Ryo---
-----------Chamakh-----Arshavin----------

the likes of Miquel, Lansbury, Rosicky and Campbell spare.

Le Titi

I'd like:

---------- Szczesny ----------
Sagna - Cahill - TV - Cissokho
------- M'Vila - Wilshere ----
------------- Kaka -----------
---- Hazard - RVP - Gervinho -

Floating

Established Member
Le Titi said:
I'd like:

Yes please!

AFC-Phil

Established Member
qs said:
Modric and Wilshere are too similar to play together.

Wilshere and Modric both played in deep roles last season, so their general play was always going to look similar to an extent.

Wilshere is better than Modric at dribbling and progressing with the ball, whilst Modric has always seemed a better passer than Wilshere to me. (Even if his assist stats don't back this up) Both are really well rounded CMs, as they can both create, keep the ball, control the game, (Particularly Modric) defend, move well off-the-ball to make options, track opposition midfielder's runs and make the occasion penetrating run off-the-ball.

Neither are anywhere near Cesc in terms of their creative passing, but we just have to accept that we have to make a step down in individual quality, and compensate it by spreading that creative burden through Van Persie, a freer Wilshere and a freer Modric. The balance would be great, and we would be less reliant upon one individual to carry our attack, especially the creative side of the attack.

I would be confident in them working well as a CM partnership, and in Wilshere, Modric and Van Persie being creative enough to pass the burden around.

Sadly, this will probably never happen, (Hence why it's in this thread) but I would love to see it happen.

Anzac

Established Member
mistaT said:
@Anzac - You really think Sneijder could play effectively so withdrawn? Not sure he has that in him, especially in the league...

I put him there to act as the playmaker in midfield & to get on the ball early going forward. In reality change him for Montolivo & IMO that team IS doable. :wink: :) :bounce

Anzac

Established Member
Armor for Sleep said:
That or you could play Jack Wilshere.

I've stated elsewhere I don't want Jack or Rambo as starting players this season re my concerns for their long term physical capabilities etc. As such I'd have Rambo cover for the Montolivo position & Jack as cover for the Kaka position, as the only player remaining deep would be M'Vila/Song.

In the 4231 I want 1 of the 2 CMs to be a ball winner from deep & the other to be the playmaker. IMO Jack doesn't have the passing range to do so & his strength is on the ball & keeping it moving quickly which would speed up our play in the final 3rd.

Anzac

Established Member
As an alternative to Kaka I'd be happy to see someone like Honda as a trequartista type rather than just an AM/SS. Not as flashy as Hazard & the like but I think he'd provide more in regards to overall team play.

Anzac

Established Member
AFC-Phil said:
- - - - - - - - - - - - Szczesny - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - Jagielka - - - - Vermaelen - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - M'Vila - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- Sagna - - - Modric - - - Wilshere - - - Marcelo -
- - - - - - - - - - - Van Persie - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - Walcott - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Gervinho - -

Regardless of the players IMO that's how we should look in open play.
:)

Anzac

Established Member
Le Titi said:
I'd like:

Forget the players but that is the roles our WFs SHOULD have = as forwards NOT attacking midfielders.

qs

Established Member
Realistically and considering PCY as a done deal then I'd be pretty happy if we signed

M'Vila
Cahill
Lucho Gonzalez

We'd be in very good shape then.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Not a chance of all 3, high chance of the first 2.

But I agree with you, we need at least someone like Lucho or Gourcuff or Hazard to be successful. We need a playmaker after losing both Cesc and Nasri. Then again as I was telling Ibby, we might want to change how we setup. More solid in the middle and more direct outwide.

qs

Established Member
I think Wenger will sign M'Vila soon and keep messing about on centre halfs until near the window closing. I do think we might see an extra player come in late too though, I reckon he's looking out for a bargain or too.

Arsenal Quotes

When you start supporting a football club, you don’t support it because of the trophies, or a player, or history, you support it because you found yourself somewhere there; found a place where you belong.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom