• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

outlaw_member

Established Member
I also agree with the notion that our backup CF has to be a player who thrives for goals. This is why I am keen on someone like Huntelaar, who will come on and immediately move into dangerous positions. Just look at Henry's contribution as an example, he offered nothing outside of the box, but the sheer fact that he was occupying threatening areas made him a constant goal threat.

We don't need a player who excels at linking up play to lead the line. I don't know why Wenger or anyone feels that we do. We played Adebayor as a lone CF for a season, or two, and he spent the majority of the time playing off the last defender. Of course, any CF backup or starter should have a good first touch and can complete basic passes, but otherwise, we don't need him to thread through passes or whatever. A first choice CF should display more quality no doubt, but a backup striker who lives for goals would be the ideal choice. We dominate games more often than not, so we don't need a link-up striker. Van Persie's success this season stemmed partly from the fact that he no longer dropped deep to collect the ball.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Bossa said:
I think that signing an AM is a must this summer. Kagawa is my first and my 2nd choice would be Belhanda. Giovinco is also a good choice. These have been the best AM's for their leagues this season.

Affelay would be my first choice for a number of reasons:-

*good age
*should be available FOR A GOOD PRICE
*versatile
*technically extremely gifted
*he's Van Persies mate!

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
Armor for Sleep said:
He'd be my first choice if Wenger leaves. He'll be going for big money for sure.

He's a little inexperienced, don't you think. :wink:

I was wondering what you were getting at and then I saw it :lol: So ye, Cavani to replace Robin not Arsène!

Agree with your post after that btw, i hate the notion that we need special type of strikers for our style. In midfield perhaps its relevant but up front we just need someone who will score goals. Its as simple as that imo.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
CL/PL

------------------van persie
walcott--------------------------------podolski
-------------------kagawa
---------------song------arteta
gibbs-------vermaelen----koscielny------sagna
-------------------szczesny

FA Cup

-------------------suarez
chamberlain---------------------------gervinho
--------------------rosicky
----------------m'vila----wilshere
santos--------vertonghen----mertesacker----jenkinson
--------------------fabianski

Carling Cup

-------------------campbell
miyaichi---------------------------------diaby
-------------------ramsey
---------------coquelin---frimpong
yennaris------------bartley-----miguel-----------bellerin
--------------------manone

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Bossa said:
I think that signing an AM is a must this summer. Kagawa is my first and my 2nd choice would be Belhanda. Giovinco is also a good choice. These have been the best AM's for their leagues this season.

My first thought is that he'd get crushed in the Prem.

been

last thing we need is giovinco a midget so we can be made out as a small team ever more that gets bullied.

Plus hes more of a winger for me.

Tranquil

How on earth did Giovinco manage 15 goals last season? He makes Messi look like a giant. Would of thought he would get completly bullied off the pitch.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Since rational thinking disappeares, once I'm posting on the Wish-List:

M'Vila
Kagawa
+ Podolski

=> May the new season come as soon as possible!

Ron Burgundy

Established Member
been said:
last thing we need is giovinco a midget so we can be made out as a small team ever more that gets bullied.

Plus hes more of a winger for me.
I haven't seen a lot of him this season but he's played centrally whenever I've seen him.

Really like him but yeah, he's microscopic.

ebouenolike

Established Member
We're going to need:

Back up striker, back up goalie, an improvement in DM.

My choices would be:

Giroud, Sorensen and M'Vila. Not even *that* expensive, considering what we'd be getting off the wage bill.

Glovegun

Established Member
Realistically the squad still needs investment in quite a few areas.

If Bendtner can't be shipped out then he's not such a bad option. Still scored a few important goals for us and would rather have him coming on than Park or Chamakh. Campbell doesn't sound ready yet.

I think a midfielder is essential. Without Arteta we fall apart, and Jack could take a while to get up to speed. I'd keep hold of Benayoun, get rid of Diaby (if possible) and get Ramsey out on loan.

Another centre-half is needed, with Djourou going out. Ideally would be someone who can cover at right-back with Sagna out injured. Jenkinson and Coquelin are both good, but raw.

Also a back-up keeper, maybe two with Almunia, Fabianski and Mannone all leaving.

Vela

Established Member
We are going to have to take a cut on the deadwood players, what ever offers we get just sell. I mean the likes of Arshavin, Bendtner etc.

Ron Burgundy

Established Member
With Villarreal relegated, does anyone else think it might be worth making a bid for Nilmar? Surely Villarreal will have to let him go on the cheap.

Haven't really followed him this season but I've always quite liked him and he's versatile enough to be a decent utility attacker for us. Would be a very nice option to have in the squad. Could potentially be what Park was supposed to be for us.

fabo

6.51 / 10
---------------- Szczesny
--Sagna - New CB - TV/Koscielny - New LB
----------------- M'Vila
---------------------- Jack/Arteta
---------------- AM
-- RWF ------------------------- Podolski
------------------ Van Persie

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
fabo said:
---------------- Szczesny
--Sagna - New CB - TV/Koscielny - New LB
----------------- M'Vila
---------------------- Jack/Arteta
---------------- AM
-- RWF ------------------------- Podolski
------------------ Van Persie

I don't disagree with this just to throw names in there

CB - Vertonghen or Sakho
LB - Baines or Sakho
AM - Hazard, Kaka, Ganso,
RWF - Lavezzi, Johnson or Hoilett (to rotate with Theo and Ox)

all in order of preference. Sakho kills two birds with one stone, I want a genuine matchwinner at AM basically the player Arshavin was never given the chance to be and A direct wide forward with goals in him. If we shift our dead wood it shouldn't cost too much.

Gordon, M'Villa, Sakho, Hoillet/Johnson, Podolski would mark an excellent summer if we could snatch a Baines, Kaka or Lavezzi wow.

Arsenal Quotes

Don’t be scared to be ambitious. It’s not a humiliation to have a high target and to fail. For me, the real humiliation is to have a target and not to give everything to reach it.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom