• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Nah, Flamoney ****ed us over with leaving at the very first opportunity after playing a single good-to-great season for us, no need to "help" him now with signing him, just because his dream move didn't work out.

Anzac

Established Member
jones said:
I think Wenger will have Giroud as a classic #9, with RVP as SS/AM behind him. Robin doesn't really rely on his pace, so I'm sure he could play that role for a few years, he even said himself that he doesn't see himself as a pure striker. Also, we'd be sorted in terms of creativity and goal threat from AM and ST, opposed to last season.

There have been a number of managers who have said (prior to last season),
that RVP is NOT a genuine lone striker & would be better suited to the #10 role. This is/was one area that Stojkovic said that would one of his first actions if he were our/his manager.

Bossa

Established Member
RVP won't be moved from his position. He will play as a lone striker unless he leaves the club of course. It would be stupid to move him behind Giroud.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Bossa said:
RVP won't be moved from his position. He will play as a lone striker unless he leaves the club of course. It would be stupid to move him behind Giroud.

I don't agree at all. I think RvP is more than capable of playing in the hole and if Giroud is as good as we all hope then it may be to the benefit of the team overall.

I'd say test it for a few games and see how it goes, it could be lethal.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
---------Theo-------------------Podolski-------
------------------RVP--------------------------
-------------------------Giroud----------------

Mouth watering but would be **** in the Premier League. Not many teams can get away with 4 out and out forwards in a starting line up. Even if we had 2 of Song, Arteta, M'Villa in behind it would be **** potentially.

Vela

Established Member
Out
Arshavin - 5M
Bendtner - 4/5M
Vela - 2M
Chamakh - 2/3M
Park - 1M
Djourou - 4M
Mannone - 500K
Fabianski - 750K
Diaby - 3/4M
Denilson - 2/3M
Squillaci - Free
Ozyakup (already gone) - 500K

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
That sum would get us M'Vila. :lol: Could do with valuating our players a little more, don't you think?

Didn't know that Özyakup is gone already. Besiktas, I assume? Had hopes for that one, good vision from what I've seen.

leo_ense

Established Member
Incoming: M'vila
Backup GK (depends on Fabianski)
CB (depends on Djourou/Squillaci)
Wide Forward/Striker (depends on RVP/Theo)

Outgoing:

Bendtner: €7m
Chamakh: €4m
Djourou: €6m
Vela: €8m
Squillaci: bag of peanuts/free
Fabianski: €1-2m?
Denilson: €3-4m?
Arshavin: €5m
Diaby: don't know how he will manage this one
Park: don't know how the **** wenger will shift him after what's happened

Anzac

Established Member
arsenallegends said:
98% of our targets are not playing a competition now. Time for our wishes to come true. Wenger will also be free in two weeks.

Don't understand this = we pay him more than 7m per season now & he SHOULD be able to get the job done rather than 1 or the other.
Otherwise WTF is he doing at the club with all the hats he wants to wear for us then???
If he's going to wait until he's finished at the EC then what about his summer trip to the spa for 2 weeks & then the pre-season trips?

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Seriously, what's your issue with Wenger? :lol: In every thread I see you asking for his head.
Think he knows what time he has to be in London, surely is written down in his contract somewhere. This man is working harder than most managers do probably, often read about him watching matches in the nights after European games, just check the circles under his eyes.
Also, it's not as if he weren't doing his work from where he is right now, he just confirmed the Giroud transfer while in Poland/Ukraine.

Anzac

Established Member
jones said:
Seriously, what's your issue with Wenger? :lol: In every thread I see you asking for his head.
Think he knows what time he has to be in London, surely is written down in his contract somewhere. This man is working harder than most managers do probably, often read about him watching matches in the nights after European games, just check the circles under his eyes.
Also, it's not as if he weren't doing his work from where he is right now, he just confirmed the Giroud transfer while in Poland/Ukraine.

:lol:
I've been calling for his head since the summer of '08.
I've heard the same stories about the late nights & how ill he gets on the sidelines = I don't care / self inflicted etc etc etc.

Vela

Established Member
Martinez, Moyes, Pardew and Mourinho are all working for TV shows for the Euros. Not just AW. It doesn't take up much of AW's time each day in doing it as well. He would be watching the matches anyway. People like Richard Law and Ivan do the buying and selling negotiations with other clubs not Wenger. Wenger tells the board what players he would want at Arsenal. Podolski hasn't even met AW yet they've only spoke over the phone a couple of times. So this shows how it doesn't matter if AW isn't in England, Arsenal can still buy and sell players.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Anzac said:
jones said:

I've heard the same stories about the late nights & how ill he gets on the sidelines = I don't care / self inflicted etc etc etc.

Well I'm registered here only for a week or two, don't know since when you don't want him here. You're pretty persistent though if you're really calling for his head for four years and do so in every single thread :wink:

Anzac

Established Member
Vela said:
Martinez, Moyes, Pardew and Mourinho are all working for TV shows for the Euros. Not just AW. It doesn't take up much of AW's time each day in doing it as well. He would be watching the matches anyway. People like Richard Law and Ivan do the buying and selling negotiations with other clubs not Wenger. Wenger tells the board what players he would want at Arsenal. Podolski hasn't even met AW yet they've only spoke over the phone a couple of times. So this shows how it doesn't matter if AW isn't in England, Arsenal can still buy and sell players.

Which was my point re the original comment about AW being free in 2 weeks. :wink:

Anzac

Established Member
jones said:
Anzac said:

Well I'm registered here only for a week or two, don't know since when you don't want him here. You're pretty persistent though if you're really calling for his head for four years and do so in every single thread :wink:

Yeah it tends to p*ss quite a few people off.

Arsenal Quotes

Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom