• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

fabo

6.51 / 10
THunter said:
Hold on lads, it's gunna be a bumpy ride!

Tbh I think it's gonna be relatively quiet.

Midfielder is essential though, someone good on the ball, can defend, mobile, maybe an aggressive B2B would be most compatible with Arteta. Vidal is in that mould, we missed a trick last Summer.

Still not happy with the wide forwards, full-backs either. Ideally both areas need a quality addition imo.

GunnerGetYah

Established Member
After consideration, we need Bruno Soriano. A player who is quality but who has experience too. He could help to nurture our younger players such as Frimpong and Coquelin and even Wilshere.

iced22

Buhry said:
Lars Bender anyone?

Great call. I'd love him as a Plan B if we don't get M'Vila/Sahin.

Also versatile enough to cover RB, and we need all hands on deck until Sagna is back.

musicmonkey

Established Member
jones said:
Anzac said:
jones said:
Rossi will do extremely well to even begin reaching his old level, he is currently recovering from an ACL rupture which he got just a week after he started training after another ACL rupture. Don't think there are many footballers that recovered from this kind of lay-off.

Would be a gamble, but Villarreal is in a very bad bargaining position as the player's out injured AND they have been relegated.

Off topic but isn't this exaclty what we're expecting Frimpong to be able to do - or are you talking about the same knee?

We're talking the same knee. Another difference is, Frimpong had months between his injuries, and is still young, while Rossi is 24/25 and has done his ACL just one or two weeks after he started training again!
Frimpong's had it in different legs also so it's not a reoccurring injury with him.

Impact

Established Member
I'd like to see 2-3 signings in the final week or so of the window:
  • Box-to-box ball winning midfielder
  • Experienced full-back
  • Technically gifted wide forward - if Walcott doesn't sign a new contract

Also, I am hoping for a few departures too. I'd be happy to see any of the following leave:
  • Bendtner
  • Park
  • Arshavin
  • Squillaci
  • Lansbury
  • Chamakh

However, I expect one of Arshavin or Chamakh to stay to add depth to our forward line.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Hopefully Arshavin. I would pay 10m to anyone willing to take Chamakh. Ridiculous player

FinnGooner

Established Member
For DM any of these would do: Martinez, M'Vila, Bender (Lars or Sven), Capoue (under-valued imo), Javi Garcia, Tiote. In that order

Finnish_Gooner

I'd like Fellaini so much here. Brilliant player with much experience in the PL. But have to agree with the others. M'Vila, Bender and Capoue all could do a good job for us.

Mudi

• Box-to-box ball winning midfielder = Moussa Dembele
    Is out of contract in 2013, doesn't want to extend and has already EPL experience.
  • Experienced full-back = Debouchy (27, cost around £5m, would be a good alternative for Sagna and can play as a winger (like Santos))
  • Technically gifted wide forward - if Walcott doesn't sign a new contract = Gotze or Blaszczykowski (cheaper alternative)

The Escaped Ape

Everton wouldn't sell Fellaini for an Arsenal friendly price unfortunately. Actually, I don't think they'd sell him at all after the Man Utd match. If we were Barca/Real/Man City or Man Utd, Fellaini might force a move, but not for us I don't think. Besides there's not enough time for that sort of transfer to work its way through.

Yes, I know this is a wishlist. Just thinking through the wish out loud. He's certainly an attractive player.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
if we signed m'vila and no one else before the window closed, we'd be looking at this

m'vila/arteta/cazorla
diaby/wilshere/rosicky
coq/ramsey/ox

then

walcott/giroud/podolski
gervinho/chamakh/arshavin

in terms of wishlist stuff, in addition to m'vila or a player who would be a first choice midfielder, i think we obviously need to improve on chamahk and arshavin. its a shame bendy burned his bridges here, because id prefer him to chamahk as the 2nd choice central striker.

if we figure m'vila would cost around £15m, then thats basically the song money. if we can get £6m for bendy, £4m for arshavin, and £3m for chamahk, that's £13m, which might get us close to llorente. he'd probably require £16m or so. then our attack is

walcott/giroud/podolski
gervinho/llorente/??

you could use ox as a forward (even though the talk is now for him to play centrally as an AM) and use a youngster like eisfeld as a third choice mid and ease him in.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
the escape for gooners this place.. can i have a gotze with a side of eriksen and extra mata please... and glass of ibra, no ice. thank you..

btw, i didn't order squid and want a refund on park and arshavin.

Giroud

Established Member
I would be interested to hear what people think of Dembele. I think he's done very well since he's moved into a more box to box role and could now make the step up to a top side. Keeps the ball really well, can beat players and offers a threat in attack while using his energy and strength well in defence.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Our need for a top class forward is as great as our need for a midfielder. Looking at United makes me sick when they have three top class attackers in Rooney, Van Persie and Kagawa, with the likes of Hernandez, Valencia and Nani in reserve.

How Chamakh, Park, and Arshavin are still at the club is beyond me, then there is Walcott and Gervinho. **** me. I'm depressed again.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsène Wenger's idea is not only to play good football. It's to play good football to win. In my day, we knew that with our style we could hurt teams and win trophies too. But we did it our way, with the positional game, passing, movement.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom